General Squad Fitness/Injuries

Minhosa

I couldn't see a thread on this but please merge if I've missed it.

Being quite close to the action on Saturday, I couldn't believe the general poor conditioning/fitness of many of the players.

The likes of Perez, Sissoko, Riviere, Anita, Shelvey, Colback literally blowing out of their arses so early in the game/early after coming on.

Considering they've just had a warm weather jolly, the difference in fitness levels between the squads was noticeable.

Janmaat was the only one who stood out in terms of running power/acceleration late in the game.

What are these goons doing to them in training?

We need a full clear out of every single employee in fitness and coaching tbh.  Need a new training facility and medical team too. Whole place is crap.

Somehow Dekka will survive :lol: the roach that his is.

Guest reefatoon

I don't think it is all down to fitness or injuries. A lot of these bastards just don't want to be out there, take any responsibility for where we are and are quite happy to just eek it away in the treatment room. Bunch of cowardly bastards the lot of them.

We've had persistent issues with this for years. Need more Spanish/Italian/German/Dorty Doctors injecting the lads pre-match.

Seriously though, Saylor, Colback and Mitrovic all look out of shape while players like Sissoko or Wijnaldum conserve energy once we're in full on "being spanked" mode.

It's as much mental as it physical IM(untrained)O. Bournemouth's players would run through brick walls for Howe and the shirt whereas even the ones that allegedly care and show pashun for us are usually the ones who appear to be most out of shape. Would've thought the low octane style we started off the season and had playing in pre-season isn't really conducive to not getting outrun. This coupled with being unable to keep the ball and pass and move our way forward means we're easily overrun and on the backfoot.

People get injured when they don't really want to play.

This wasn't injuries per say. It was general fitness levels.

Honestly I'm amazed Perez made it to the Shelvey throughball as moments earlier he was blowing out of his arse chasing shadows.

People get injured when they don't really want to play.

I was told that when Shearer was manager, we had a lot of players injured and he told them they had to do extra rehab etc in the afternoons and their injuries suddenly cleared up. 

As you say, some players will pick up "injuries" when a team is doing badly because they don't want to play.