sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

Two clubs stinking of little man syndrome, always in the shadows of their bigger local rivals. Not even worth bothering about.

We've had more European games than Everton ?

When Everton were at their best in my living memory- mid/late 80s,fucking cracking side,winning the league, and cups, English clubs were banned from Europe, so it certainly curtailed what they did in Europe.

I'm not arsed, Everton are a big club, and in plenty ways equal or bigger than us- I don't care good luck to them. Sunderland are smaller than both us and Everton- its just a fact.

Everton equal or bigger than us ?? Jesus man.

well I can remember them winning the league, the fa cup- the cup winners cup. and coming here as Champions, also- getting tonked and feeling lucky to get a nil, in a 5-0 reverse at Goodison. add to that they are in a higher league.  so yeah, tbh.

Im 27 and in my lifetime Newcastle beat them in pretty much every category.

I get that, I did qualify if by stating I was looking back to the mid 80s, so half the time we were light years behind them- in your memory we've been ahead- so we can agree to equal-ish sized clubs?, lol.

Haha I know Everton were good in the 80s yeah but how far back can we go! We were class in the 50s.

Just in recent times Everton can't compete with us in any aspect. Just rankles me when people under sell NUFC. There are barely a handful of clubs better than us in the country and none better supported!

Everton equal or bigger than us ?? Jesus man.

well I can remember them winning the league, the fa cup- the cup winners cup. and coming here as Champions, also- getting tonked and feeling lucky to get a nil, in a 5-0 reverse at Goodison. add to that they are in a higher league.  so yeah, tbh.

Agreed.

Some of our fans need to read up on football history, before they make us all look like dicks.

With 9 league titles you'd be hard pushed to argue that we were bigger than Everton in anything other than crowd sizes.

The Mackems crow about their 6 titles to our 4 but from memory 2 of them were won before we were even in the league and a 3rd was won the year we gained entry to the 2nd division. So, on a like for like basis we've won more than them. They were also embroiled in illegal payments to players along the way. Dirty, cheating Mackems.

With 9 league titles you'd be hard pushed to argue that we were bigger than Everton in anything other than crowd sizes.

The Mackems crow about their 6 titles to our 4 but from memory 2 of them were won before we were even in the league and a 3rd was won the year we gained entry to the 2nd division. So, on a like for like basis we've won more than them. They were also embroiled in illegal payments to players along the way. Dirty, cheating Mackems.

Based on major honours, we've won more trophies than the mackems. They hate the FA Cup once it comes to this argument but love the same cup when 1973 is mentioned.

Gotta love the Total Sport special tonight, from callers and pundits alike...

On Allardyces lack of success in his career - "depends how you measure success - no trophies, but hes always done the job hes been asked to do"

On Moyes recent failure in jobs: "You've got to ignore the last two jobs and look at his Everton record"

Brilliant!

Gotta love the Total Sport special tonight, from callers and pundits alike...

On Allardyces lack of success in his career - "depends how you measure success - no trophies, but hes always done the job hes been asked to do"

Freddy Shepherd must have asked him to fail miserably :dontknow: