Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

His 4-2-3-1 isn't the problem, it's the players we have that are fairly better than most of this league, however aren't capable of dominating when the key piece in Shelvey is missing.

Telling Rafa to shove his formation at home up his arse is some weirdo internet rage.

He needs to sign better players quickly to sort out the over reliance on Shelvey because he's not ever going to change his basic system.

I'd much rather he play 2 up front as well, mind you.

Typical from you.  Can't criticise lord Rafa.

The players are good enough, his reluctance to produce a more fluid system is costing us.

I really think you're a sound guy, but please grow the fuck up after a match. Today was poor, everyone including the manager. I've made that pretty clear in the match thread. Go have a pint and prontonize someone in real life.

His 4-2-3-1 isn't the problem, it's the players we have that are fairly better than most of this league, however aren't capable of dominating when the key piece in Shelvey is missing.

Telling Rafa to shove his formation at home up his arse is some weirdo internet rage.

He needs to sign better players quickly to sort out the over reliance on Shelvey because he's not ever going to change his basic system.

??? :lol:

What's not to understand? I'm not going to jam my keyboard with rage telling the manager to fuck off with his system because we know he won't. I'd rather play 2 up front like you with these crop of players, but since we know he's not changing his system we better and need to sign better players to remove the reliance of Shelvey.

I was roflcoptering at the fact that we basically agree. Telling him to 'shove 4-2-3-1 up his arse' is just the same as saying "I'd rather we played 4-4-2."

It is needlessly conservative and it's only especially frustrating tonight because it's become so frigging obvious. At the very latest he should have ransacked it after 60 minutes tonight, but for some reason he will not play Mitrovic.

Guest palnese

Diame/Hayden CM, Mitro and Gayle up front. Atsu and Ritchie wide. It really is that easy imo. At least one overlapping fullback as well.

He's making it too hard for himself with that balance shite he's always talking about. Dummett and Gouffran on the left at home for fuck's sake.

It's the Championship. Most teams are pretty fucking shite. Don't overcomplicate it. Why on earth did he put Perez on? Been shite all season and we're desperate for something different up front. Put fucking Mitrovic on.

Hindsight 20-20 and that, but I've been not very impressed with his tactics all season. Grinding out wins against fucking Rotherham and Burton.

Fuck.

What's not to understand? I'm not going to jam my keyboard with rage telling the manager to f*** off with his system because we know he won't. I'd rather play 2 up front like you with these crop of players, but since we know he's not changing his system we better and need to sign better players to remove the reliance of Shelvey.

I was roflcoptering at the fact that we basically agree. Telling him to 'shove 4-2-3-1 up his arse' is just the same as saying "I'd rather we played 4-4-2."

It is needlessly conservative and it's only especially frustrating tonight because it's become so frigging obvious. At the very latest he should have ransacked it after 60 minutes tonight, but for some reason he will not play Mitrovic.

Be clear then :lol: had no clue what you meant via a few ? Marks And a lol smiley man!

Agree 100%. He should have changed it at halftime or sooner than he did.

What's not to understand? I'm not going to jam my keyboard with rage telling the manager to fuck off with his system because we know he won't. I'd rather play 2 up front like you with these crop of players, but since we know he's not changing his system we better and need to sign better players to remove the reliance of Shelvey.

:thup: I cannot blame people for being pissed off like. Our home form is canny horrible and it isn't down to bad luck, but I have no worries and don't think it's anywhere near as simple to sort out as gets made out immediately after a defeat. We need a couple of big players in January.

That's obviously fair but the reason why it's so frustrating, particularly tonight, is because he's persisting with it until the last knockings of the game. He brought Atsu on, which was a good sub, but still we had absolutely fuck all to aim for up top.

What's not to understand? I'm not going to jam my keyboard with rage telling the manager to f*** off with his system because we know he won't. I'd rather play 2 up front like you with these crop of players, but since we know he's not changing his system we better and need to sign better players to remove the reliance of Shelvey.

Be clear then :lol: had no clue what you meant via a few ? Marks And a lol smiley man!

Fair.

S-l-o-w to change.

All for persistence and transmitting self-belief to the players. There's a point where it becomes pig-headedness. When in Serie  A, he opted-out of the rapid formation changes which typify Italian football, but surely there is a balanced and flexible mid-point between that and 'my way or the highway'. Because letting them worry about us, actually translates to let every f***er have loads of time to plan how to nullify our one-trick pony style of play.

:thup: I cannot blame people for being pissed off like. Our home form is canny horrible and it isn't down to bad luck, but I have no worries and don't think it's anywhere near as simple to sort out as gets made out immediately after a defeat. We need a couple of big players in January.

That's obviously fair but the reason why it's so frustrating, particularly tonight, is because he's persisting with it until the last knockings of the game. He brought Atsu on, which was a good sub, but still we had absolutely fuck all to aim for up top.

I agreed with Atsu but I never thought he did anything tbh, looked sharp a couple of times but even after he wiggled away they recovered well enough and easily dealt with anything he put in or robbed him before he could. I was screaming for Mitrovic too and although he never made a massive difference I thought he brought players into it well a few times, which we just never saw from Diame of Gayle at all tbh.

Not even sure what I'm trying to say here like, I just found the whole match frustrating to watch and am still canny annoyed now, I've felt like this a few times at home this season (like when the opposition score I've never seen any way in which we reply - we seem so flat). I know Rafa sees it too, he analyses these games to death with his team.

I suppose I just expect him to sort us out by buying players which are a better fit for what he's trying to do, as opposed to changing the way we play. Our squad doesn't fully suit it and he's obviously aware of that. Mitrovic, Lazaar, Perez and even Atsu I don't think he fully trusts.