Newcastle United 1-1 Sunderland - 20/03/16 - Post match discussion from p.47

BlufPurdi

Could not believe the lack of disipline through the team most of the match and the players looked terrified till the last 20 when we made the changes ,keep Anita at fullback as Janmaat is a liability now but will probably captain fistpump somewhere in back four .Sadly a defeat at Norwich will be end for us unless we do a Leicester and come from nowhere

I wonder what Rafa privately thinks of this group,the fragility and collective lack of courage is palpable,man. Who was it that got the sheep's heart as a gift years back?

Pistone wasn't it?

Imagine if Pardew finished a game against Sunderland with a back four of;

Anita - Mbemba - Lascelles - Sissoko

We'd have lost 12-0.

Considering he's bring 3 left backs on during the course of the match, the rest of the 11 would be darn impressive :lol:

The defending on their goal was fucking pitiful. All of it.

I know it was hit hard but Elliott's parry was fucking terrible too, I have no idea what the defenders were thinking though, 4 of them followed the ball and left every Sunderland player in the box free, bizzare.

We're really bad at getting the ball away from danger in general though, it's worrying.

Even before that though, the closing down and attempts to block the shot were pathetic.

The defending on their goal was f***ing pitiful. All of it.

I know it was hit hard but Elliott's parry was f***ing terrible too, I have no idea what the defenders were thinking though, 4 of them followed the ball and left every Sunderland player in the box free, bizzare.

We're really bad at getting the ball away from danger in general though, it's worrying.

Even before that though, the closing down and attempts to block the shot were pathetic.

For me Colbacks inability to use his right foot cost us. He could have got that off the line if he swung a right leg at it.

Only seen it once again like, briefly.

Also Elliott wasn't at all at fault for me like.