NUFC History - Matchday Experiences/Memories - Those Were The Days Thread

NG32

This is a photo of my Granda (on the right ;) ) working a Newcastle game in '74. Any old timers any idea what game it might be?

Forest in the cup perhaps? ???

Any help appreciated.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161128/c290dc39b510b993f04357120ac16735.jpg

looks like the forest game west stand gallowgate corner.

fa cup 1/4 final losing 3-1 pitch invasion, then won 4-3.

Fa ordered the result annulled and the game was replayed at Goodison , with a toon win.

This is a photo of my Granda (on the right ;) ) working a Newcastle game in '74. Any old timers any idea what game it might be?

Forest in the cup perhaps? ???

Any help appreciated.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161128/c290dc39b510b993f04357120ac16735.jpg

Why is he arresting Freddie Starr?

Must have been David kellys birthday last week and nufc.com had the youtube footage of his late and vital winner v Portsmouth in 92. Had the hair on the back of my neck standing up. Gallowgate, a standing terrace then was absolutely bouncing.  I was sure we were heading for the old 3rd div that year.

Must have been David kellys birthday last week and nufc.com had the youtube footage of his late and vital winner v Portsmouth in 92. Had the hair on the back of my neck standing up. Gallowgate, a standing terrace then was absolutely bouncing.  I was sure we were heading for the old 3rd div that year.

Said it before - but seeing that goal go in (I was in the Scoreboard!) was as important a goal as any in NUFC's history. Was simply fantastic to be a part of it. :) Growen men crying, strangers hugging each other like long lost brothers. Brilliant. :)