Our better form...

Guest thompers

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Butt is better than Parker. A lot better.

How? Parker is better in about every aspect of the game. Just about how he is used at Newcastle....as a footballer he is surely better than Butt. 

Emre is playing better because he is actually playing alongside someone that is playing the defensive role. It was a crap idea by Roeder to play Parker in a more advanced role this season. It disturbed his game, Emre's and the team’s.

It's not because Butt is a better player than Parker.

Is it just at NUFC where about a third of the squad are hated by a vocal section of the so called 'supporters' or does it happen at other clubs?

I'm not saying all our players are world beaters but I don't see how abusing the likes of Bramble, Shola, Babayaro, Carr, Dyer, Parker, Ramage, etc is ever going to help our cause. There is often a lot of bias with who gets the abuse. Shearer missed a chance and the crowd clapped the effort. Shola misses a chance and the crowd groan. The same for Taylor making a mistake compared to Bramble.

Is it just at NUFC where about a third of the squad are hated by a vocal section of the so called 'supporters' or does it happen at other clubs?

I'm not saying all our players are world beaters but I don't see how abusing the likes of Bramble, Shola, Babayaro, Carr, Dyer, Parker, Ramage, etc is ever going to help our cause. There is often a lot of bias with who gets the abuse. Shearer missed a chance and the crowd clapped the effort. Shola misses a chance and the crowd groan. The same for Taylor making a mistake compared to Bramble.

Probably because Shearer is one of the greatest players to have ever played the game whereas Ameobi is dog wank.

Probably because Shearer is one of the greatest players to have ever played the game whereas Ameobi is dog wank.

Surely the point is that everyone knows that Shearer was one of the best ever so to expect Ameobi to take every chance that Shearer would probably have taken is stupid.

How? Parker is better in about every aspect of the game. Just about how he is used at Newcastle....as a footballer he is surely better than Butt. 

There isn't a single aspect of the game where Parker is better than  Butt.  Parker's passing is worse, his tackling his worse, his anticipation and reading of the game is worse.

There isn't a single aspect of the game where Parker is better than Butt. Parker's passing is worse, his tackling his worse, his anticipation and reading of the game is worse.

I would say Parker's tackling is probably better than butt's tbh. Parker needs to hold a position in the midfield rather than running all over the place.

anyone else think martins being back into the team and playing well has something to do with our form? Its been a while since we've a pacey actual striker in the team.

anyone else think martins being back into the team and playing well has something to do with our form? Its been a while since we've a pacey actual striker in the team.

He's our less gobby black version of Bellamy :celb2: He's seems to be settling in now and he is going to be a really effective player for us, i hope all those doubters are starting to be convinced.

He's our less gobby black version of Bellamy :celb2: He's seems to be settling in now and he is going to be a really effective player for us, i hope all those doubters are starting to be convinced.

Does anyone else think that Martins looks really funny? :lol:

form!!! What form? we have won 3 PL games against Portsmouth, Reading and Blackburn, and we were extremly lucky to beat Reading and Blackburn. These are the so called easy games, and we just edged past them, even though Blackburn had 10 men for over 50 min. We have been playing like this all season, only difference is, Given is back. Had Harper who I also rate been in goal, we would probley have won one of those 3 games.

I don't understand all this... Oh it's Dyer or Solano or Butt... Dyer has played one game, and he was good, Solano is playing good at right back, but surly he isn't the difference? Butt has been playing good, but Parker was just as effective when he played in my ipinion. Shay came back against ARSENAL, and we havn't lost a game since.

There isn't a single aspect of the game where Parker is better than Butt. Parker's passing is worse, his tackling his worse, his anticipation and reading of the game is worse.

I would say Parker's tackling is probably better than butt's tbh. Parker needs to hold a position in the midfield rather than running all over the place.

Well I just don't agree, mate. Parker throws himself around, dives into tackles etc. That doesn't make him better at tackling, it just means his anticipation and reading of the game isn't as good. Butt does the last ditch stuff as well, but seems to do it by interception rather than having to slide in.

It's all about opinions. Mine is that Parker is vastly over-rated and that Butt is the better player by far. Butt is a natural at the holding role, Parker isn't, so to be fair to Parker it's really an unfair comparision, which I'm only making at all because there are claims that Parker is a better player.

form!!! What form? we have won 3 PL games against Portsmouth, Reading and Blackburn, and we were extremly lucky to beat Reading and Blackburn. These are the so called easy games, and we just edged past them, even though Blackburn had 10 men for over 50 min. We have been playing like this all season, only difference is, Given is back. Had Harper who I also rate been in goal, we would probley have won one of those 3 games.

I don't understand all this... Oh it's Dyer or Solano or Butt... Dyer has played one game, and he was good, Solano is playing good at right back, but surly he isn't the difference? Butt has been playing good, but Parker was just as effective when he played in my ipinion. Shay came back against ARSENAL, and we havn't lost a game since.

All 3 teams are above us, and we was lucky to beat Reading and that was it.

Fucking hell, some fans are never happy....

We lost plenty when Given was in the team.

It's a team game, Solano playing well at RB has made a big difference and shouldn't be overlooked. The overall creativity in the side has improved with Solano being at RB and by Parker being out of the team. Parker being out allows Emre to play his proper game because he's alongside a player who compliments his game better. It happened last season when Parker missed matches and it's happening again now. I just hope Roeder sees it and doesn't automatically put this bloke back in when he's fit.

CM has been a problem since souness signed Parker and Emre, they just don't combine well. Why should anyone be surprised, given who signed them.

Guest Knightrider

Our better form isn't down to any one individual for me, but more because we've had somewhat of a settled side out of late and of course winning breeds confidence. Sibierski if anyone has been the catalyst, however, and I don't just mean his goals but his work-rate, physical presence and unselfish play too. For such an undynamic player he's certainly had a possitive effect on the dynamics of our play (and the opposition).

I was so happy for martins yesterday.  I know he has to improve, but i really think he'll come good.  He's only young (younger than ramage - who people excuse, and so did chopra), showing promise, and i really think he cares.  I loved his celebration so much yesterday too (not the jumps, but the badge kissing)

so called easy games? stop living in the past. pompey and reading are two of the best preforming teams this season.

I know that no game is easy, thats why I called it the "so called easy games" But these are the games we should win, I would not go home happy if we didn't get the 3 points from teams of this calibre. I also now that they are performing well at the moment, but can you see teams like Portsmouth or Reading in the top 6 at the end of the season? 3 points against   

teams like Blackburn, Reading, Portsmouth, West Ham, Charlton... and so on are teams I expect us to beat.

so called easy games? stop living in the past. pompey and reading are two of the best preforming teams this season.

I know that no game is easy, thats why I called it the "so called easy games" But these are the games we should win, I would not go home happy if we didn't get the 3 points from teams of this calibre. I also now that they are performing well at the moment, but can you see teams like Portsmouth or Reading in the top 6 at the end of the season? 3 points against

teams like Blackburn, Reading, Portsmouth, West Ham, Charlton... and so on are teams I expect us to beat.

i think portsmouth are a much better team than what you make them out to be.

Yes but if Chelsea, Man U, etc had the number of injuries we have to their first team squad they wouldn't find it easy so the wins are impressive because of that.