Newcastle United 3 - 0 West Ham United - 26/08/17 (post match reaction from p22)

Greg

Guest reefatoon

The car thread is a dick measuring competition like.

Yip, a car is just a hunk of metal that gets you away from the wife for a bit.

Yip, a car is just a hunk of metal that gets you away from the wife for a bit.

Unlikely as we are 1 car family, she can't drive and I taxi her and the kids frigging everywhere, may as well be called Taxi Service Gateshead.

Guest Howaythetoon

Never understood people who simply see a car as a mode of transport to get from a to b. Not when considering how much they cost to buy and to keep on the road and how much we seem to spend our time in one.

Never understood people who simply see a car as a mode of transport to get from a to b. Not when considering how much they cost to buy and to keep on the road and how much we seem to spend our time in one.

Exactly.  Though i did get a new car yesterday. No different to people posting photos of their trainers or how awesome their new gaming rig is. Plus cars impact your life way more than those items.

Guest neesy111

Some people liking spending their money on possessions, some like myself would rather spend it on my hobbies and experiences like travelling etc.

Or for people to discuss their cars and cars in general!

Nah I was closer

Nah its not like, its basically like the materialism thread for cars or people genuinely asking for advice on their cars, insurance etc. Some people have nice cars in there and rightly talk about them or post pics. Nowt wrong with that. You're just bitter because you have a small cock and a shit car presumably...

If I'd had known this was such a touchy subject for you I wouldn't have mucked about in an attempt for cheap laugh.

However you're quite correct I do indeed drive a shit small cock.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nah I was closer

Nah its not like, its basically like the materialism thread for cars or people genuinely asking for advice on their cars, insurance etc. Some people have nice cars in there and rightly talk about them or post pics. Nowt wrong with that. You're just bitter because you have a small cock and a s*** car presumably...

If I'd had known this was such a touchy subject for you I wouldn't have mucked about in an attempt for cheap laugh.

However you're quite correct I do indeed drive a s*** small cock.

:lol: ha ha sorry, was a cheap shot. I'm more passionate about cars than football these days so do like the car thread tbh.

Guest Howaythetoon

Company car tbh.

You have the best of both worlds, a top car that someone is paying you to own for a period of time.

Doesn't quite work like that, mind. The tax on them isn't cheap, although admittedly less than owning the car outright.

Difference in monthly cost is virtually nil on more expensive cars. Pros and cons to either approach tbh.

I reckon our goalscorers in this match all own their own cars.

Guest Howaythetoon

Because money and priorities.

Some people liking spending their money on possessions, some like myself would rather spend it on my hobbies and experiences like travelling etc.

Its all about choice. I know people who spend seriously silly money on cars and never recoup anywhere near what they have spent back, not because they are wealthy but because they enjoy their cars. I know people who blow silly money on clothes too which has never bothered me, Levi jeans and a decent shirt for me and I'm happy. Likewise I know people who spend silly money on holidays. If I had the choice though I'd spend all my money on traveling but when you have kids and a business to run you can't. Not as much as you'd like anyway. Clothes don't bother me neither does tech so its cars for me.

Mind l do like my antiques and I've spent a fair bob over the years, but that's really an investment! Like buying property. Anyway each to their own.

Back to the match... I really enjoyed how we played from start to finish, if we replicate that through the season we will be safe no doubt. Just a shame with heavier investment we could do really well. Over to you Mike and co...

Nah I was closer

Nah its not like, its basically like the materialism thread for cars or people genuinely asking for advice on their cars, insurance etc. Some people have nice cars in there and rightly talk about them or post pics. Nowt wrong with that. You're just bitter because you have a small cock and a s*** car presumably...

:lol: ha ha sorry, was a cheap shot. I'm more passionate about cars than football these days so do like the car thread tbh.

I did notice that  :lol: Can't say i blame you at the moment  O0

Doesn't quite work like that, mind. The tax on them isn't cheap, although admittedly less than owning the car outright.

Difference in monthly cost is virtually nil on more expensive cars. Pros and cons to either approach tbh.

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not joking, but I know someone who finances cars for the seriously wealthy and very few buy them outright. I'm not wealthy, but I can get a Ferrari tomorrow for 1.5k a month. Huge deposit required though...

I doubt the average footballer, which we have a squad full of, truly own their own car outright. I.e payed for with cash or up front. Same with their homes.

The reason is because its false economy.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've never owned a company car, but I imagine its better than say leasing one or on hire purchase? 

Guest Howaythetoon

Nah I was closer

I did notice that  :lol: Can't say i blame you at the moment  O0

I've loved cars far longer than football. While I was picking up my Transformer comics from the Newsagents because we couldn't afford to have them delivered I'd also pick up WhatCar, Car, AutoExpress etc. and I would walk all over Newcastle into car showrooms for brochures. They don't seem to do them nowadays, its all check our website. I blame Knightrider which got me into cars in the early 80s. If I was loaded I'd blow a good chunk of it on cars. I just wish I was mechanically minded because I'd love to buy a barn find and do it all up.

I've never owned a company car, but I imagine its better than say leasing one or on hire purchase?

No insurance or maintenance costs, but it's not as big a saving as it once was. Tax is based on emissions and list price, so the bigger/better the car, the smaller the gap. Government is bumping up private fuel benefit all the time as well.

But yeah, football. Goals and throw ins.