Rafa Benítez (now unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

So apparently details of the structure of the money available to Benitez have come out. £50m plus any player sales which the club received immediately.

Any loan fees, wages, agent fees would also be withdrawn from that £50million fund, drastically lowering the amount available for actual transfer fees.

I’m not surprised Rafa has no interest in negotiating with them. Ashley is pure cancer.

Which other football club includes wages and agent fees into it's transfer budget? Surely they have a separate wage budget? If that's the case then our actual transfer budget will be lucky to be 35 million.  It's a joke like. Where's the money going/gone Mike?

Luke Edwards has already said he's being unreasonable in an article that's an insult to anyones intelligence. Expecting more cockroaches to crawl out this week too.

It was abysmal. Harmison should hang his head in shame too.

Pete Graves and the whole of Sky also - filming Rafa as he went to clear his desk at the training ground, no doubt after a sneaky call from Charnley on Ashley's behalf. Then having the cheek to say they were just showing him turing up for normal business. Imagine how Rafa felt being betrayed once again there.

So many cunts about ffs.

One of the fans who went to the training ground when they heard Rafa was there that day overheard the Sky reporter say that ‘Keith has told us Lee Charnley is on his way to the training ground now’ which could mean that either Charnley tipped off Keith Downie that he was on his way down or it was Keith as in Keith Bishop who tipped Sky off directly.

Downie got dogs abuse on twitter that day.

First time I've heard that bit, thanks.

Luke Edwards has already said he's being unreasonable in an article that's an insult to anyones intelligence. Expecting more cockroaches to crawl out this week too.

Pete Graves and the whole of Sky also - filming Rafa as he went to clear his desk at the training ground, no doubt after a sneaky call from Charnley on Ashley's behalf. Then having the cheek to say they were just showing him turing up for normal business. Imagine how Rafa felt being betrayed once again there.

So many cunts about ffs.

One of the fans who went to the training ground when they heard Rafa was there that day overheard the Sky reporter say that ‘Keith has told us Lee Charnley is on his way to the training ground now’ which could mean that either Charnley tipped off Keith Downie that he was on his way down or it was Keith as in Keith Bishop who tipped Sky off directly.

:thup: check out Downie’s twitter timeline if you want to see for yourself

So many cunts about ffs.

I think I'll pass, I like my computer screen in one piece.  :lol:

So many cunts about ffs.

I think I'll pass, I like my computer screen in one piece.  :lol:

:lol: fair

Roy Keane leaving Forest and wanting a managers job without anything lined up ‘at the present time’....coincidence? At least he’ll have the balls and attitude to say it how it is! And hopefully knock Ashley’s head clean off. As much as I’m joking about this appointment, it really wouldn’t surprise me if he’s the extent of what we’re looking at the replace Rafa.

Although I think the penny will drop for Keane as a manager at some point. He’s way off at the moment. The spell under Martin O’Neill has to have been the biggest waste of time for his career. He can’t have learned much if anything from that tit.

Roy Keane leaving Forest and wanting a managers job without anything lined up ‘at the present time’....coincidence? At least he’ll have the balls and attitude to say it how it is! And hopefully knock Ashley’s head clean off. As much as I’m joking about this appointment, it really wouldn’t surprise me if he’s the extent of what we’re looking at the replace Rafa.

Roy Keane has flounced from every job going to war with the owners and bitching about his bosses and investment very publically.

Don't think he's Ashleys type somehow.  He is many things, but a puppet he ain't.

So apparently details of the structure of the money available to Benitez have come out. £50m plus any player sales which the club received immediately.

Any loan fees, wages, agent fees would also be withdrawn from that £50million fund, drastically lowering the amount available for actual transfer fees.

I’m not surprised Rafa has no interest in negotiating with them. Ashley is pure cancer.

Which other football club includes wages and agent fees into it's transfer budget? Surely they have a separate wage budget? If that's the case then our actual transfer budget will be lucky to be 35 million.  It's a joke like. Where's the money going/gone Mike?

If we've factored in those wages at purchase then why did we have to wipe off so much in wages in the championship season and what happens about the wages we factored in if we sell a player, do they get added back on with the transfer fee? Why is no one in the media at all asking any questions about the dodgy way we deal with our financials??

What a joke of a club, I'm just waiting for the sale to be called off and I'll be calling it off now, SD United is not good for the blood pressure and I'm not getting any younger.

How do you know this like? :lol:

It’s being widely quoted in the press that this is the case.

https://www.balls.ie/football/rafael-benitez-set-leave-newcastle-mike-ashley-refuses-budge-412765

Nah, he’s gone. Can anyone remember which posters owe money now?

I stand to collect fifty English pounds from a poster called 4 stars out of 5 (who doesn't seem to be active anymore) if Rafa leaves. I think other people tried to piggyback the wager (evens on Rafa managing the first match of 2019/20 - I wasn't the only one who thought "free money").

There seems to be more doubt as to whether I'll collect than the outcome of the wager :(

It’s being widely quoted in the press that this is the case.

https://www.balls.ie/football/rafael-benitez-set-leave-newcastle-mike-ashley-refuses-budge-412765

Wages are not included in the transfer budget according to Chris Waugh.

I’m taking both the ‘hoping to hold more talks’ and ‘no further talks planned, he’s off’ stories with a pinch of salt mind.

When there’s blanket radio silence and a wee of his contract to go, the journalist has a 50/50 chance of being right either way. Bet nobody has a clue.