The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

This commentator on BT going on like Man Utd were leading 3-0 going into this game

Same old typical Man United bias. "Whoever gets Sevilla next will be happy" completely ignoring the fact that the alternative was the team that's just deservedly lost 2-1 at home to Sevilla.

well they will be delighted because its not as if Sevilla are even that good it was Man Utd who were that bad over 2 legs

Bit of both imo. Sevilla were only a David De Gea away from beating them well at home. Had Man United gone through, you'd want to get drawn with them as well.

its down to the approach, Man Utd set up like they were playing Barca/Real etc and were just hoping for a sneaky 1-0 instead of being against a fairly average Sevilla who may well have fallen apart with any kind of attacking pressure applied

No doubt. Same end result though really.

Guest Howaythetoon

Mourinho is a busted flush. He needs a year out or something. Sanchez is a top player but he will not shine in this team, nor Pogba who is never and never will be a world-class player. If we played like that even with our s**** team I’d be unhappy. They should go all out for Pochettino.

Pogba was already world class at Juve, man. Christ.

Was he fuck, he was a top player in that league, but genuine world class? Unless standards have fallen so low the likes of him are considered world class. He’s a good player, very good, but not world-class and never will be. He was abysmal when he came on and has been average since he joined Man Utd. World-class players perform regardless.

When you compare Man Utd's approach to what Liverpool and City did against Porto and Basel away from home it really shows up Mourinho. The money these clubs have now there really is absolutely no excuse to play like an underdog.

Mourinho is a busted flush. He needs a year out or something. Sanchez is a top player but he will not shine in this team, nor Pogba who is never and never will be a world-class player. If we played like that even with our s**** team I’d be unhappy. They should go all out for Pochettino.

Was he fuck, he was a top player in that league, but genuine world class? Unless standards have fallen so low the likes of him are considered world class. He’s a good player, very good, but not world-class and never will be. He was abysmal when he came on and has been average since he joined Man Utd. World-class players perform regardless.

Why do you give Sanchez the excuse of being managed by Mourinho and not Pogba?

Guest Howaythetoon

Was he f***, he was a top player in that league, but genuine world class? Unless standards have fallen so low the likes of him are considered world class. He’s a good player, very good, but not world-class and never will be. He was abysmal when he came on and has been average since he joined Man Utd. World-class players perform regardless.

Because Sanchez is a one-two player, quick feet, likes to be busy and float and not in a disciplined role isolated, he needs movement and space. Pogba should dominate that central midfield regardless of Mourinho’s style or tactics like Essien did for example (I know, I know... different players). Sanchez isn't world-class either, not IMO.

Guest firetotheworks

Yes, yes he was, comfortably. I presume Sanchez isn't world class as he's not performing as well then?

Guest Howaythetoon

Pogba was a vanity buy, more about marketing and image. Granted he’s not exactly a Mourinho player, but he should be doing far better than he has shown since signing.

Guest firetotheworks

Was he f***, he was a top player in that league, but genuine world class? Unless standards have fallen so low the likes of him are considered world class. He’s a good player, very good, but not world-class and never will be. He was abysmal when he came on and has been average since he joined Man Utd. World-class players perform regardless.

Because Sanchez is a one-two player, quick feet, likes to be busy and float and not in a disciplined role isolated, he needs movement and space. Pogba should dominate that central midfield regardless of Mourinho’s style or tactics like Essien did for example (I know, I know... different players). Sanchez isn't world-class either, not IMO.

[emoji38] Fucking hell.

Why? :lol: He's an attacking player

Guest Howaythetoon

Yes, yes he was, comfortably. I presume Sanchez isn't world class as he's not performing as well then?

We must have different ideas of what world-class means. Sanchez was never world-class. He is a level below the likes of Augero for example, now he is world-class. He and Pogba are very good players when on form, top players, but not up there with the very best in the world, no way man :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Sanchez is in the same bracket of Firminho, Ozil when he can be bothered, Eriksen etc. top top players, but not on the level of the true world-class players who by the way I regard as few and far between.

Just before Sevilla got two goals the comm was criticising them for coming and playing for a 0-0. In the first leg Man Utd were praised to the high heavens for playing for and getting a 0-0. Properly baffling.

Agree with this somewhat. 0-0 first leg away from home is not a good result as the rules stand. Any type of score draw becomes a defeat. 1-0 up is just as precarious as 0-0.

Guest firetotheworks

We must have different ideas of what world-class means. Sanchez was never world-class. He is a level below the likes of Augero for example, now he is world-class. He and Pogba are very good players when on form, top players, but not up there with the very best in the world, no way man [emoji38]

I'm out. Your opinions on football are utterly mental to me at times, man. Sanchez not world class ffs. [emoji38]

Just before Sevilla got two goals the comm was criticising them for coming and playing for a 0-0. In the first leg Man Utd were praised to the high heavens for playing for and getting a 0-0. Properly baffling.

The comment after the first leg were insane. No away goal is suicide at this level. I'd prefer 0-0 at home to away every time.

Reminds me of the 'Job done' narrative when Chelsea drew 0-0 at the Nou Camp in 2009. The lack of knowledge they had about what Barca were regularly doing to teams home or away at that time was something to behold, the absolute height of cluelessness.

That game they should've won by a couple goals at home tbf Chelsea.

A better example is when Chelsea drew 0-0 at the Calderon away from home in the semi's. "Job done". Went out 2-2 at home.

I think Pogba is a top player, but a very very limited one.

He needs to be in a midfield three, and be given a central role where he has freedom to create and go forward.

In that kind of role he would easily begin to show that world class type of play I believe.

It's shocking that Pogba continues to be used int he way he is. What I find so weird is that Mourinho played a fantastically effective midfield 3 at his first go around at Chelsea, where Lampard was the one given a role where he was allowed more freedom to push forward. Why can he not put Pogba in that type of position?

Guest Howaythetoon

Truly World class players in the Premier league IMO:

Augero, De Bruyne, Ederson, Hazard, De Gea, Kane, Salah.

And that’s it.

Sanchez is on a par with Firminho or Sterling or Eriksen, top players, but a level below the very best who again are few and far between.

Those world-class players I’ve named would get into any team in the world and would perform.

im Not so sure about some or most of the top-class players.

As we are seeing with Sanchez, Pogba etc. Obviously the tactics and style of play help, but watching them today for example and a world-class player even when under performing still performs to a certain level unless seriously unfit or injured. That’s what separates them from everyone else.

If anyone on here considers Sanchez and Pogba world class than Vardy must be considered and Dembele at Spurs.

Comparing Pogba to Essien ffs.

I've nee idea what Pogba is meant to be good at but it certainly isn't in the spirit of Michael Essien.

Tbf I don't think Sanchez was ever world class either. He went to an elite club, while he was good, very good they felt he could be improved on and they did. While signing someone like-for-like almost. For a player of his type, Bale is like my barometer and I would take Bale over Sanchez.