The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Guest Howaythetoon

Mourinho is a busted flush. He needs a year out or something. Sanchez is a top player but he will not shine in this team, nor Pogba who is never and never will be a world-class player. If we played like that even with our s**** team I’d be unhappy. They should go all out for Pochettino.

Pogba was already world class at Juve, man. Christ.

Was he f***, he was a top player in that league, but genuine world class? Unless standards have fallen so low the likes of him are considered world class. He’s a good player, very good, but not world-class and never will be. He was abysmal when he came on and has been average since he joined Man Utd. World-class players perform regardless.

Yes, yes he was, comfortably. I presume Sanchez isn't world class as he's not performing as well then?

We must have different ideas of what world-class means. Sanchez was never world-class. He is a level below the likes of Augero for example, now he is world-class. He and Pogba are very good players when on form, top players, but not up there with the very best in the world, no way man [emoji38]

I'm out. Your opinions on football are utterly mental to me at times, man. Sanchez not world class ffs. [emoji38]

How is he world-class? Is he as good as Augero? Hazard even? I think there is a genuine derth of world-class players about at the moment, especially in our league, that someone very good is considered world-class. If you regard Sanchez in that type of league, would you say Vardy is world class? How about Marches? Is Firminho, Eriksen, Son, Ali? Sterling, Mata? Honestly if you think Sanchez is one of the world’s very elite and best players then carry on, I think such an assertion is absurd :lol: if he is then Vardy must be also.

Sorry, all of that is nuts. I recommend you check out what Sanchez has done away from what you've seen e.g. Player of the Tournament in the Copa America - the tournament Chile won, and that Messi played in - before coming out with things like comparisons to Jamie Vardy.

Ooh, look at me I’ve watched him play for Chille a few times... I’ll throw in the Premier League for Vardy, a tournament he starred in and won, and that Sanchez played in. 

Anyway you think he’s world-class, up there with other world-class players like Ronaldo, Messi, De Bruyne, Hazard... Pogba etc. I don’t. I think he is a top player on his day, but no different to many like him such as Firminho, Eriksen, Sterling, Silva, Ozil when he can be bothered etc. All top players, but none genuinely world-class.

It’s weird because back when the talent pool was wider and more varied, I’m sure the likes of Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham et al were never considered genuinely world-class. Not a patch on Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo or players of that ilk were the common theme.

I’ve seen enough of Sanchez, 5 times in person, to believe he’s just not at that level of being a genuine world-class player.

Nah, more a look at yourself tbh. If you'd watched him more you'd maybe understand why someone might call him world class, perhaps not be so assured with your assessment, and almost certainly not compare him with Jamie Vardy. A bit like how for example someone who had only watched Shearer under Gullit wouldn't get away with telling you what sort of player he was without incurring an HTT reply so long that Dave would have to put us into maintenance mode again.

Shearer was a world-class player prime Blackburn and when he first joined us, after his injury, he was a top-class player. Not in the same league as others, despite his scoring record. And I say that as one of his biggest fans. Today he’d be around the level of Vardy, the Shearer of the Sir Bobby Years. In his prime he was undoubtedly world-class, the ultimate CF for me with no-one better as an all-rounder. Obviously, and we’ve been here before, Ronaldo was the much better footballer.

Sanchez, again I’ve seen him in person a good few times and watched him a lot for Barcelona, Arsenal and even Italy and he’s my kind of player, but at no point, not even during his prime Arsenal days did I consider him as one of the best players on the planet. Especially not now.

You may disagree or may not like the comparison, but if he’s world-class than so is Vardy, similar goals to games record in the PL and assist, albeit the former in a much better team. Vardy is regularly Leciester’s best player, scores goals of all kinds, works hard, creates goals and is a top player, but oh no he can’t be compared to the great Sanchez. If he is world-class, then god knows what Augero is, out of this world?

I think we have different meanings and interpretations of what world class is or top-class which is fine, but don’t come the I know best and you are insane s***. IMO Sanchez is a top-class player in the same way Shearer was for us under Sir Bobby or Vardy is for Leicester. Nowhere near one of the very elite and best in the world and I’d apply that to Pogba too. I could name 5 better CM players in the PL alone than him, hell even Matic out performs him and he was being written off a year or so ago.

Guest Howaythetoon

Comparing Rashford, Alli, Vardy and Sterling to Sanchez :lol:

Madness I know. Let’s  compare him to Messi, Augero, Ronaldo, De Bruyne, Suárez et al :lol:

Comparing Rashford, Alli, Vardy and Sterling to Sanchez :lol:

Madness I know. Let’s  compare him to Messi, Augero, Ronaldo, De Bruyne, Suárez et al :lol:

He's closer to all those players bar the obvious two than he is to Vardy and Rashford. He hasn't had a break in years and it seems to have caught up with him finally. Since Sanchez moved to England he's probably outperformed Aguero until this season

To be honest I think Barça's only WC players are Messi, Suárez and Busquets. Iniesta still has it but can't perform every game.

Alba and Pique, too.

Nah, not Piqué. Alba I have him on the "really good" tier, but granted there's few LBs I'd rate above him.

Pogba has the talent to be world class but it would be daft to put him in that bracket as things stand and I don’t think it’s purely down to Mou. I’ve seen him play from awful to average countless times for France and Juve in some of their big games. Juve was perfect for him because he played in the most dominant team in the league, had Pirlo dictating play from deep with Vidal as a box to box covering every blade of grass and then the most solid defence in Europe behind him. He didn’t really have any defensive responsibility and could play coming in from that left of a midfield 3 with total freedom.

Mou is obviously not playing to his strengths or getting the best out of him but I think he has to take a fair share of the blame for his own performances too. A ‘world class’ midfielder shouldn’t be a liability or look so lost just because he’s playing in a two instead of a three.

To be honest I think Barça's only WC players are Messi, Suárez and Busquets. Iniesta still has it but can't perform every game.

Alba and Pique, too.

Nah, not Piqué. Alba I have him on the "really good" tier, but granted there's few LBs I'd rate above him.

There really aren't that many top fullbacks around, so who would you have above Alba? Filipe Luis would be the only sensible shout, IMO.

Attackers better than Sanchez to me:

Messi

Ronaldo

Suarez

Neymar

Kane

Higuain

Dybala

Griezmann

Hazard

Lewandowski

Probably missing a few obvious ones. I'm only picking players who have been at that level for more than a season also

Guest firetotheworks

Mourinho is a busted flush. He needs a year out or something. Sanchez is a top player but he will not shine in this team, nor Pogba who is never and never will be a world-class player. If we played like that even with our s**** team I’d be unhappy. They should go all out for Pochettino.

Pogba was already world class at Juve, man. Christ.

Was he f***, he was a top player in that league, but genuine world class? Unless standards have fallen so low the likes of him are considered world class. He’s a good player, very good, but not world-class and never will be. He was abysmal when he came on and has been average since he joined Man Utd. World-class players perform regardless.

Yes, yes he was, comfortably. I presume Sanchez isn't world class as he's not performing as well then?

We must have different ideas of what world-class means. Sanchez was never world-class. He is a level below the likes of Augero for example, now he is world-class. He and Pogba are very good players when on form, top players, but not up there with the very best in the world, no way man [emoji38]

I'm out. Your opinions on football are utterly mental to me at times, man. Sanchez not world class ffs. [emoji38]

How is he world-class? Is he as good as Augero? Hazard even? I think there is a genuine derth of world-class players about at the moment, especially in our league, that someone very good is considered world-class. If you regard Sanchez in that type of league, would you say Vardy is world class? How about Marches? Is Firminho, Eriksen, Son, Ali? Sterling, Mata? Honestly if you think Sanchez is one of the world’s very elite and best players then carry on, I think such an assertion is absurd :lol: if he is then Vardy must be also.

Sorry, all of that is nuts. I recommend you check out what Sanchez has done away from what you've seen e.g. Player of the Tournament in the Copa America - the tournament Chile won, and that Messi played in - before coming out with things like comparisons to Jamie Vardy.

Ooh, look at me I’ve watched him play for Chille a few times... I’ll throw in the Premier League for Vardy, a tournament he starred in and won, and that Sanchez played in. 

Anyway you think he’s world-class, up there with other world-class players like Ronaldo, Messi, De Bruyne, Hazard... Pogba etc. I don’t. I think he is a top player on his day, but no different to many like him such as Firminho, Eriksen, Sterling, Silva, Ozil when he can be bothered etc. All top players, but none genuinely world-class.

It’s weird because back when the talent pool was wider and more varied, I’m sure the likes of Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham et al were never considered genuinely world-class. Not a patch on Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo or players of that ilk were the common theme.

I’ve seen enough of Sanchez, 5 times in person, to believe he’s just not at that level of being a genuine world-class player.

Nah, more a look at yourself tbh. If you'd watched him more you'd maybe understand why someone might call him world class, perhaps not be so assured with your assessment, and almost certainly not compare him with Jamie Vardy. A bit like how for example someone who had only watched Shearer under Gullit wouldn't get away with telling you what sort of player he was without incurring an HTT reply so long that Dave would have to put us into maintenance mode again.

Shearer was a world-class player prime Blackburn and when he first joined us, after his injury, he was a top-class player. Not in the same league as others, despite his scoring record. And I say that as one of his biggest fans. Today he’s be Around the level of Vardy, the Shearer of the Sir Bobby Years. In his prime he was undoubtedly world-class, the ultimate CF for me with no-one better as an all-rounder. Obviously, and we’ve been here before, Ronaldo was the much better footballer.

Sanchez, again I’ve seen him in person a good few times and watched him a lot for Barcelona, Arsenal and even Italy and he’s my kind of player, but at no point, not even during his prime Arsenal days did I consider him as one of the best players on the planet. Especially not now.

You may disagree or may not like the comparison, but if he’s world-class than so is Vardy, similar goals to games record in the PL and assist, albeit the former in a much better team. Vardy is regularly Leciester’s best player, scores goals of all kinds, works hard, creates goals and is a top player, but oh no he can’t be compared to the great Sanchez. If he is world-class, then god knows what Augero is, out of this world?

I think we have different meanings and interpretations of what world class is or top-class which is fine, but don’t come the I know best and you are insane s***. IMO Sanchez is a top-class player in the same way Shearer was for us under Sir Bobby or Vardy is for Leicester. Nowhere near one of the very elite and best in the world and I’d apply that to Pogba too. I could name 5 better CM players in the PL alone than him, hell even Matic out performs him and he was being written off a year or so ago.

It's Aguero, man. Jesus wept. :lol:

Honestly, I can't be arsed. The comparison with Vardy is something you've created and I'm not participating in because it's absolutely bonkers for a huge number of reasons that shouldn't need to be pointed out, but what the hell, just the basics as players - completely different positions, different roles, completely different styles, vastly different levels of skill, huge differences in versatility, different physiques, different strengths, different weaknesses and on and on.

Night.

Guest firetotheworks

Still busy this week?

:lol: I’m not in Newcastle mate, hence why I said on the same day as a home game. Huddersfield is good for me though.

Good stuff, see you then.

How many players do you allow for "World Class"? I would say probably around 20-30, in which case both Alexis and Pogba would comfortably qualify IMO.

For me it's any player who'd be considered one of the league's best players regardless of which league they played in. Dunno how many that works out to.

Regardless, Sanchez easily makes the cut.

How many players do you allow for "World Class"? I would say probably around 20-30, in which case both Alexis and Pogba would comfortably qualify IMO.

For me it's any player who'd be considered one of the league's best players regardless of which league they played in. Dunno how many that works out to.

What leagues?

What leagues?

I don't know that I'd consider a player "world class" who couldn't play at the highest-level of performance in any particular league.

Jury's out on whether or not that includes international football.

Alba and Pique, too.

There really aren't that many top fullbacks around, so who would you have above Alba? Filipe Luis would be the only sensible shout, IMO.

Filipe Luis? Both Alex Sandro and Marcelo are far better players than Filipe Luis man.

Also for the other discussion, Sanchez is fucking great.