Islam Slimani - Returned to Leicester

Figures 1-0 Football

Bye Bye - what a waste!

Maybe but he may well have been a big factor in us banking 100 million next year, without him we perhaps don't score against Huddersfield and he was vital in that winner for Ritchie against Arsenal. That's 4 points, we would have still be in the relegation fight now if it weren't for those.

This!

Plus, not to mention the most important thing that the extra competition seemed to inspire Gayle and Perez!

I like him as a player and it’s a shame how it has turned out but it’s certainly not his fault!

Cheers Slimsta and good luck!

Guest reefatoon

What a pathetic cunt that Dawson is, first for the stamp on the foot then for going down like he has just had his leg smashed in half.  Mind you Slimani deserves the ban for acting like a 5 year old the soppy twat.

3 match ban for that kick out :lol: fuck out of here people

They really need to do more to punish the instigators of these kind of incidents, Dawson here, Alli in the spuds game where Shelvey got sent off, they all seem to come away from them smelling of roses when in a court of law they would be treated very differently. Not condoning what either Slimani or Shelvey did but you need to be fair here.

It's almost like signings involve risk.

Especially those that are pushed through at the last minute in a panic due to the incompetence of the rest of the window.

That said, I’ve seen fuck all from him that we wouldn’t get from Mitro, at Leicester and his limited time with us - silly ban included. Why we’d sell a younger lad with more chance for improvement to buy him, I’d never know. Hopefully we’ll look elsewhere.

That's the most frustrating thing about the ban, would have liked to see more of him to disprove the theory that we could get whatever he brings to the side from Mitro. It's just bollocks IMO, both bring totally different qualities, if nothing else a couple of games in the shirt could at least have given us a better idea of what he could provide to Rafa's formation.

For people who claim he's been a complete waste. He indirectly won us the game v Huddersfield by forcing Lossl to punch a cross just from his mere presence and aerial threat. And he physically won the header that lead to Ayoze flicking onto Ritchie for the Arsenal winner.

That's turned 1 point into 6. 36 points would still have seen us above the bottom 3, but it's a hell of a lot more comfortable up in 10th with 41 points.

He's not been a waste at all, twinport is spot on. 6 points and whatever mental impact he had on Gayle to perform in those other matches.

Not to mention that not securing a striker signing in January would have had a very negative effect on Rafa also.

Bye Bye - what a waste!

Maybe but he may well have been a big factor in us banking 100 million next year, without him we perhaps don't score against Huddersfield and he was vital in that winner for Ritchie against Arsenal. That's 4 points, we would have still be in the relegation fight now if it weren't for those.

This!

Plus, not to mention the most important thing that the extra competition seemed to inspire Gayle and Perez!

I like him as a player and it’s a shame how it has turned out but it’s certainly not his fault!

Cheers Slimsta and good luck!

Ok - maybe not 100% waste. But without trying  to start another Mitro discussion - I do believe that with Rafa building him up and trusting him he could have done the same....also pressing/pushing  Gayle to deliver.

Anyway - it all went well and Mitro is doing well elsewhere - all good!

While he has had a few neat cameos and done his small bit to seeing us over the line I am not sure that the investment we would need to make to sign him permanently would be very welcome and he would have some fans in his back from Day One.

Also Ashley is known to get pissed if he’s been persuaded to part money and the player doesn’t deserve the business. Expect less transfer funds as a result.

I think he looked very promising from the little we saw, looked much more useful, quick and skillful on the ball than expected, I was thinking he was more of a big lump Carroll type but to be fair he seems to have that side to his game too, I wouldn't be completely against signing him but it would be a bit of a risk with the little we saw.

In reality though when we sign our usual bargain bin wasters we'll all be wishing we had took a punt on this lad.

But I doubt Rafa would be around anyway if that happened, and I wouldn't give a fuck anyway.

Only really just seen this incident properly - people claiming Dawson should to be banned? Howay :lol: It’s very debatable whether or not that was an intentional tread on Slimani’s foot, absolutely nothing in that at all and a pathetic reaction from Slimani.

That said, it was barely a ‘kick’ and seemed to be taken in good humour by both players. Violent is a strong word for that :lol: Immensely stupid but in the eyes of the law it’s a ban.

He stood on his foot on purpose the sneaky cunt, and why wouldn't he when our own fans will let him get off with it?

:lol: He was off balance and it’s incredibly difficult to say he purposely did it - only he knows whether or not he did. From some of the reactions on here I was expecting something clear cut like Shelvey against Tottenham. It was nothing like that.

If we start handing out bans for that then we may as well just give up with the entire game.

Guest reefatoon

He was behind him and He took a step forward to stand on him. It was blatantly f***ing obvious what he was doing. I’m not saying he should be banned for it too, but Dawson knew exactly what he was doing, and thicko Slimani fell for it with a daft kick out.

Guest covmag

Now gone back to Leicester apparently.

yep, he's away, so the search goes on  ???

Personally never saw him as the long term solution, age and wage demands would have always been a problem for Ashley. We need to resolve that striker situation for the new campaign, it should be top on the list iyam, we really do not have a worthwhile option up top.

He contributed massively to the goal that confirmed our PL status for another year.

Not his fault we signed him when he was injured.

He doesn’t quite look like a lethal forward you’d expect for such a transfer fee though. Rafa has seen enough too so unlikely we’ll be seeing more of him unless Leicester decide to sell him on the cheap?

Would snap their hands off if they would let him go for under 18m..

Thanks for the chaos he caused in those matches we won as he came on as a sub. A proper striker in the summer who can offer the physicality and score some goals would be lovely.