The Betting Thread.

Optimistic Nut

Betting on the mackems?  :lol:

They may have Roy Keane but the players out on the pitch are still mediocre (and thats being kind). My guess is that they'll make the play offs but not go up.

Guest MagicNumber9

Ive got a question.... i just wanna know what the odds would be like for this, not individual bets, but a one where all the teams highleted win, if not, i get nothing?

Saying i put a tenna on...

Man U vs Arsenal

Chelsea vs Liverpool

Totenham vs Blackburn

West ham vs Us

would the odds be shite because

a)They are the team expected to win

b)they all have the home advantage

can someone enlighten me on this as ive never done this sort of betting before??

Ive got a question.... i just wanna know what the odds would be like for this, not individual bets, but a one where all the teams highleted win, if not, i get nothing?

Man U vs Arsenal

Chelsea vs Liverpool

Totenham vs Blackburn

West ham vs Us

can someone enlighten me on this as ive never done this sort of betting before??

Basically you just multiply all the odds up so the final odds would very much depend on what odds you get for the individual bets

Man U vs Arsenal

Chelsea vs Liverpool

Totenham vs Blackburn

West ham vs Us

Magic,

I presume you mean Spurs Vs Fulham rather than Blackburn?

If so, then you would have a four team accumulator looking like this;-

Chelsea

Tottenham

West Ham

Man Utd

Your £10 would return £105.47 based on Skybets odds.

To win the money, all 4 teams would have to win.

Regards

Riches.

Guest MagicNumber9

Ah rite, cheers for that.

the odds on the games in the bookies ill be at (williams hill)

8/11 chelsea

8/13 Totenham

10/11 West ham

5/6 Man U

odds look shite, so how would i work out from them odds what the total odds would be for all these teams to win today?

Ah rite, cheers for that.

the odds on the games in the bookies ill be at (williams hill)

8/11 chelsea

8/13 Totenham

10/11 West ham

5/6 Man U

odds look shite, so how would i work out from them odds what the total odds would be for all these teams to win today?

Quickest way would be to get yourself on to the Ladbrokes website, click on football, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on bet calculator.

When the calculator pops up, change the odds from decimals to fractions, add in the odds of the teams you want and put a mock 'stake' in the box. Voila!

Ok folks,

What are your fancies this weekend?

I'll be picking from this controversial little list;

Preston to beat Barnsley

Birmingham to turn Leeds over at Elland Road

Hull to turn QPR over at Loftus Road (possible 6 pointer already!!)

Carlisle at home to Brighton

Leyton Orient at home to Rotherham

I'll probably find another team and do two seperate trebles.

Theres some tight matches in that lot though so I might even go down the route of draw ht/win ft for my fancies and just bet some singles, using that approach. Haven't decided yet for sure though.

Anyway, your thoughts on this weekends games?

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/793/lastscanpy7.jpg

Fuckin one team last neet one fuckin team, Greek ****.  8 bets accumulators running one teams let me doon.

This is what I wrote on my site last night.

AEK Athens to beat Anderlecht 5/6

Anderlecht have been "mooted" as the worst side in this seasons Champions League, it's hard to argue with.

CSKA Moscow to beat Hamburg 6/5

Hamburg are playing utter fuckin pish, they haven't won for ages and have loads of injuries while Russian teams are normally strong at home.

Arsenal to beat Porto 2/5

Home win.

Carlisle to beat Blackpool 4/6

Carlisle are mint at home, Blackpool are shite full stop.

Notts County to beat Stockport 4/6

Having a good season County, only lost one, they beat Boro this time last week, should have nee problems the neet.

£3 pays £47.06

:wullie:  All sound advice.  It would be much easier to take if it was all 5 fucking up, bet every time it's one side.

Anyway the neets bet

Inter Milan to beat Bayern Munich Evens

On paper and people might "guffaw" I believe the current Inter side is the second best in Europe, they've made a reasonable start to the season including winning at Fiorentina never an easy place to go, I think that **** Vieira's injured the neet though.

Anyway Bayern lost to lowly Bielefeld the other week, and they've had several key injuries including Owen Hargreaves.  Bayern can go round beating shitey Russian sides 4-0, we can dee that, but the fact remains, Bayern are an absolute pale shadow of their former-selves.  Absolute confident pick, in fact best price I've seen for such an obvious home win in a while.

Dippers HT/FT against Galatasaray 8/11

HT/FT as I have written in my regular column are rarely straight forward, this one tonight will be an exception.  Liverpool have had two reasonable performances against Spurs and The Toon, both of whom are far better than Galatasaray (yes really hard though it is to believe we are).  Galatasaray come in to the game off an embarrassing 3-1 defeat in Trabzon, and I think the dippers could really go to toon the neet on these ****.  Gala's side is nothing like the side that won that won the UEFA Cup, their best two players are a 35 year Hakan Sukur who was never that good anyway and Junichi Inamoto who couldn't hack it in the Premiership.  Gala are shite I'd be surprised if they're in the top 3 or 4 in Turkey this season.

Lincoln to win at Boston 5/4

Boston have been UTTER pish since they sold Julian Joachim to Darlo earlier in the season.  Their last 8 games recored reads played 8 won 1 drawn 1 lost 6, including 3 home defeats in there, and that one solitary win was against Stockport who are so shite their fans should complain to the trading standards board.  Their opponents tonight are Lincoln City who will go top if they win tonight.  Not only that but The Imps have won all 5 away games in the league this season, and they'll have a good 2 or 3,000 there tonight as this is a derby.  Lets face it depressed sides nearly always lose derbies, and I think Lincoln will piss it tonight, and what a price they are.

£5 on that lot pays £38.86

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3351/lastscanhq2.jpg

Anyway the neets bet

Inter Milan to beat Bayern Munich Evens

On paper and people might "guffaw" I believe the current Inter side is the second best in Europe, they've made a reasonable start to the season including winning at Fiorentina never an easy place to go, I think that **** Vieira's injured the neet though.

Anyway Bayern lost to lowly Bielefeld the other week, and they've had several key injuries including Owen Hargreaves.  Bayern can go round beating shitey Russian sides 4-0, we can dee that, but the fact remains, Bayern are an absolute pale shadow of their former-selves.  Absolute confident pick, in fact best price I've seen for such an obvious home win in a while.

Oh dear  bluedead.gif

Weekend's fixtures:

Saturday, 30 September 2006

Bolton v Liverpool @ 3/1

Charlton v Arsenal @ 3/5

Chelsea v Aston Villa +1.5 @ 17/20

Everton -1.5 v Man City @ 21/10

Sheff Utd v Middlesbrough @ 13/8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 01 October 2006

Blackburn v Wigan @ 17/5

Man Utd -1 v Newcastle @ 21/20 CS: 2-0 @ 11/2

Tottenham v Portsmouth @ 17/5

West Ham v Reading @ 3/1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 02 October 2006

Watford v Fulham DRAW @ 11/5 CS: 1-1 @ 11/2

£10 staked on each bet, 12 bets in total. Good Luck.

I can't legislate for shitey referees sending two players off!

Of your picks the only one I would remotely consider a decent bet, would be Man Utd -1 against the toon at 21/20, but any geordie that would actually put that bet on should be thrown of Grey's Monument in my opinion.

Of your picks the only one I would remotely consider a decent bet, would be Man Utd -1 against the toon at 21/20, but any geordie that would actually put that bet on should be thrown of Grey's Monument in my opinion.

Bolton @ 3/1 against Liverpool really IS a steal. Trust me.

EDIT: Alternatively, you can get 7/4 on Bolton in the "Draw no bet" market

I'm not interested in backing Bolton, however I think there's at least a 75% chance they won't get beat, where are you seeing this 7/4 draw no bet?

I'm not interested in backing Bolton, however I think there's at least a 75% chance they won't get beat, where are you seeing this 7/4 draw no bet?

Sporting Odds

stupeedo, is that a straightforward Bolton to beat Liverpool at 3/1?

Yup, Liverpool's recent "good form" has all been at Anfield...away from the Koppites and they're not so hot - they're yet to win and have only scored once in 3 games (a penalty against Sheffield United no less). Bolton are yet to conceed at home (in 3 games) and have taken 7 from the 9pts available at the Reebok so far. Their gritty display against a good Portsmouth team shows that they've still got the determination to perfom for Allardyce.

Last 5 Bolton v Liverpool (at Reebok) = 2 wins for Bolton, 2 Draws and 1 win for Liverpool.

Yup, Liverpool's recent "good form" has all been at Anfield...away from the Koppites and they're not so hot - they're yet to win and have only scored once in 3 games (a penalty against Sheffield United no less). Bolton are yet to conceed at home (in 3 games) and have taken 7 from the 9pts available at the Reebok so far. Their gritty display against a good Portsmouth team shows that they've still got the determination to perfom for Allardyce.

Last 5 Bolton v Liverpool (at Reebok) = 2 wins for Bolton, 2 Draws and 1 win for Liverpool.

Good price for a home win like.  Especially given the added info above.  :thup:

Good price for a home win like.  Especially given the added info above.  :thup:

Might go well with a couple of "bankers" for a treble...or you can go with the 'safer' option of the DNB @ 7/4. Either way, I'm confident Liverpool won't take 3pts away and that my other selections will stand me in good stead...aside from one of the Sunday fixtures.

It's not an unreasonable price, but there's absolutely no way Bolton are nailed on to win.  They should avoid defeat, and in fairness they haven't conceded a goal at home this season, but they've only won well once against a shitey Tottenham.  They were hugely fortunate to avoid defeat at the Reebok against Watford and Boro, and only managed 1 goal in those two games. 

My avoid advice is avoid the 3/1 and go for the draw no win at 7/4.

I've changed my mind.  Bolton will win tomorrow against the dippers, and everybody this country will smile apart from small pockets of Southport, Bradford, the West Midlands, Cornwall, Kent and of course Kingston upon Thames.

I'm so sure I don't think Bolton will lose I've took a little gamble and backed them.

My weekend tips anyway.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2459/lastscanvx4.jpg

£5 Accumulator

Ipswich to beat Colchester 13/8

The crack is you should never bet on derbies, I got my hands burned in the Lincoln v Boston game the other night, but Ipswich probably don't even view this as a derby in the same way Man Utd will never view Bolton as their derby rivals, and Newcastle will never view Boro as theirs.

For this reason I'm side stepping the fact some cunts might class that as a derby because they're always unpredictable affairs.

Ipswich are unbeaten in 7 league and cup games, having played the mackems off the pitch last week, and deserved more than a draw at St Andrew's following a dodgy start to the season.  Jim Magilton seems to have all his players back and I think they're nailed on tonight.

On the face of it Colchester are in decent form themselves, but they've been so lucky in nearly all 5.  They beat the worst QPR team in years by means of a shocking refereeing display, and in general they're fucking shite, so away win on the cards down at Leyer Road, with 13/8 being a lovely price.

Bolton 9/4 to beat Liverpool

Liverpool are always shite at the Reebok.  They've won their once in the last 6 games, and I really think this Bolton side in terms of quality is the best it's been for 40 years.  Anelka will be a huge asset, and at the back they've only conceded 3 goals, and none of them at the Reebok, while Liverpool have only scored one away, and that was a ridiculous almost scandalous decision at Brammal Lane.  It will be close, but it's a good price for Bolton and if you shop around you can get 3/1.

Sunderland to beat Sheff Wed 8/13

Make no mistake about it the mackems will miss Graham Kavanagh, but in all honesty of the 44 sides in the top flight, it really is difficult to think of a worse team than Sheffield Wednesday.

The mackems should bounce back from their disappointing reverse at Portman Road and I think given just how shite Wednesday are this is a banker.

Celtic to beat Falkirk 3/10

Celtic should piss this, Falkirk are shite, they were recently hammered at home to the sheep shaggers, and it's difficult to see the Celtic not winning.

£5 pays 89.58

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2459/lastscanvx4.jpg

£5 Accumulator

Ipswich to beat Colchester 13/8

The crack is you should never bet on derbies, I got my hands burned in the Lincoln v Boston game the other night, but Ipswich probably don't even view this as a derby in the same way Man Utd will never view Bolton as their derby rivals, and Newcastle will never view Boro as theirs.

For this reason I'm side stepping the fact some cunts might class that as a derby because they're always unpredictable affairs.

Ipswich are unbeaten in 7 league and cup games, having played the mackems off the pitch last week, and deserved more than a draw at St Andrew's following a dodgy start to the season.  Jim Magilton seems to have all his players back and I think they're nailed on tonight.

On the face of it Colchester are in decent form themselves, but they've been so lucky in nearly all 5.  They beat the worst QPR team in years by means of a shocking refereeing display, and in general they're fucking shite, so away win on the cards down at Leyer Road, with 13/8 being a lovely price.

bluecry.gif

Got to hate it when you don't stick to your own rules - good luck with the rest.

£20 double AZ to beat den haag and man utd to beat us...1/7 and 1/3.

started out with a fiver,now £35 in profit.

if those 2 come in am looking at £15 on valencia

Surely you're better off with money on Arsenal to beat Charlton and/or T.Henry to score anytime - both odds on. (3/5 and 9/10)

£20 double AZ to beat den haag and man utd to beat us...1/7 and 1/3.

started out with a fiver,now £35 in profit.

if those 2 come in am looking at £15 on valencia

Surely you're better off with money on Arsenal to beat Charlton and/or T.Henry to score anytime - both odds on. (3/5 and 9/10)

i've lost tooo much on arsenal,especially after champs league games.if they were at home i would have,and i never bet on goalscorers though the odds for him are surprisingly good.