The Betting Thread.

Optimistic Nut

Right just been to the bookies and despite a recent losing streak I have some confident picks today.

First bet I've done and they all speak for themselves

Bolton to beat West Ham 8/11

Liverpool to beat Fulham 1/3

Man Utd to beat Man City 4/11

Yids to beat Charlton 8/15

Basically 7/2 - and just look at them they're all certainties.

Second more risky bet

Palace to beat Colchester Evens

Granted Palace aren't pulling up nee trees, but Colchester have only won 1 of 11 away.

Sunderland to beat Luron 8/11

Luton have lost 7 of their last 8, and their last four aways, while the mackems are developing a decent nack of playing shite and winning 1-0, I think that will be the case today again.

Brentford to lose at home to Tranmere 5/4

Surely the best bet anyone will ever see.  Tranmere have won 4 of their last 5, and are sitting third.  The one they didn't win was a creditable 1-1 draw away at second placed Scunthorpe.  Brentford on the other hand haven't even scored a goal for 7 weeks (SEVEN), never mind win a game, and the results of their last two home games have been, Brentford 0 Crewe 4, and Brentford 0 Doncaster 4.  5/4 surely on this basis feels like a crime against the bookies.

Wycombe to beat Barnet 4/6

Wycombe are decent at home.  Darlo by all accounts are a better side than their mid table position would show, and Wanderers eased past them in midweek.  Barnet on the other hand are shite, particularly away.

This bet pays just over 12/1

If you take my advice gamble what you can afford, but the top one in particular really should come off.

Got £3 on Vidic first goal as well against Citeh.

Accumulator:

Liverpool

Tottenham

Reading

Birmingham

Plymouth comes in almost 15/1

Also got Charlie to score first and a 1-1 draw at 80/1

As an aside I tried to put a bet on Panesar to take ten or more wickets in the Ashes - but my wording is "Panesar to take ten wickets in this ashes series" - have I fucked it? Will he need to get exactly 10 for that to pay?

Right just been to the bookies and despite a recent losing streak I have some confident picks today.

:winking:

I'm starting to get a bit of form going so I'll give you tomorrows picks as well.

Tomorrow's 10a

Chelsea to beat Arsenal 4/6 - Absolute certainties for me

Recreativo to beat Bilbao away 2/1 - Looking at that you must think I'm mad until you know the crack of La Liga this season.  Bilbao have always had a great home record, this season however partly due to an injury crisis, Athletic's form in the San Memes is so poor.  P6 W0 D2 L4.  They sit marooned in the relegation zone having lost four on the bounce.  Recreativo Huelva however are as high as 6th in La Liga 2 points of a CL spot, they've won half their away games, at Sociedad, as well as Celta Vigo and Villarreal (only side to beat Villarreal there), both of whom are much better than Athletic.  It's a gamble, but at odds of 2/1 it's a good value gamble, and Sinama Pongolle who's on loan from Liverpool is chipping in with a few.

Lille to beat St Ettiene 8/11

Lille were very impressive against AC Milan in the San Siro on Wednesday, albeit a slightly weakened Milan, but anyone that can win 2-0 in the San Siro surely are no mugs.  St Ettiene's home form is fantastic, which is why they're fifth, away from home however they haven't won since August 12th which will ultimately cost them a place in Europe.

10a on this has everychance of coming in and will see a return of around £82.

:winking:

I'm starting to get a bit of form going so I'll give you tomorrows picks as well.

Tomorrow's 10a

Chelsea to beat Arsenal 4/6 - Absolute certainties for me

Recreativo to beat Bilbao away 2/1 - Looking at that you must think I'm mad until you know the crack of La Liga this season.  Bilbao have always had a great home record, this season however partly due to an injury crisis, Athletic's form in the San Memes is so poor.  P6 W0 D2 L4.  They sit marooned in the relegation zone having lost four on the bounce.  Recreativo Huelva however are as high as 6th in La Liga 2 points of a CL spot, they've won half their away games, at Sociedad, as well as Celta Vigo and Villarreal (only side to beat Villarreal there), both of whom are much better than Athletic.  It's a gamble, but at odds of 2/1 it's a good value gamble, and Sinama Pongolle who's on loan from Liverpool is chipping in with a few.

Lille to beat St Ettiene 8/11

Lille were very impressive against AC Milan in the San Siro on Wednesday, albeit a slightly weakened Milan, but anyone that can win 2-0 in the San Siro surely are no mugs.   St Ettiene's home form is fantastic, which is why they're fifth, away from home however they haven't won since August 12th which will ultimately cost them a place in Europe.

10a on this has everychance of coming in and will see a return of around £82.

Last time I take tips from you, Recreativo are 3-0 down at half time...

Got a tip for you's

Ajax to draw on Thursday at 9/4 (Coral)

They are playing Zulte-Wargem who are second in there group, Ajax are third and level on points with the 4th team, who have played all there matches.

Don't think Ajax will go for the win, as why would they want to play the CL drop outs?

NNNOO dont bet this match !

I hope he didnt listen to you!

thank god i didnt listen won $660 of a $200 bet.

Most nerveracking game of all time in the 2nd half though.

Shay given's save behind him to his left was a godsend. :-)

PSG are 15th in Ligue one, and bottom of their Uefa group. Panathanikos are a good team and are 6/1 to win. Just incase anyone fancies abit of a gamble.

If PSG win they qualify, Panathanikos have already qualified but will come second if Tel Aviv win their game.

I watch PSG away to Lyon on the weekend and they played well, they lost 3-1 in the end but Lyon's final two goals came in the last few minutes.

Worth a small bet at those odds, if you use Betfair you'll be better off laying PSG.

I use coral.

Got Espanyol, Feyenoord, Chelsea, and Arsenal 4 trebles, quid each.

Blackburn and Fenerbache double

Ajax to draw

Newcastle to lose 4-0

and I had 15p spare in my account so bet on 7-0 to chelsea. £12.55 return  bluebigeek.gif

Arsenal v Portsmouth

Charlton v Liverpool

Everton v Chelsea

Derby v C.Palace

Hull v Cardiff

Rangers v Partizan Belgrade

Tottenham v Dinamo Bucharest

Put on this accumulator, rangers and spurs won, i hope Cardiff dont let me down on saturday.

Just stuck five £1 6-folds, and one £3 7-match acca on...(with Bet 365)

Arsenal to beat Portsmouth - 2/5

Newcastle to beat Watford - 4/6

Ipswich to beat Leeds - 10/11

Forest to beat Leyton Orient - 1/3

Morton to beat Brechin - 21/20

Stenhousemuir to beat Albion - 13/20

and the bet of the day for me...East Fife to beat Dumbarton 7/4

The 7-fold pays just over 55/1, while the 6-folds vary from 20 to 40-1 for each one.