Fabian Schär

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

The part where they brought rugby and rugby players into the debate was the peak. Fantastic stuff. 

I’ve considered doing that :lol:

It is mad though, in most walks of life people pretend to be OK when they’re hurt, act as strong as possible, keeping going despite any odds. And in football the culture is for adults to pretend to be injured and roll about on the ground. I honestly don’t know how they can do it. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 hour ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Would have been funny if they had both went down at the same time.. then whoever got up first got the card.

Porridge and Lenny Godber vibes here, for those of us over a certain age.

If we were to appeal (we won't) I'd appeal on the grounds of both moved their heads, so going forward are we to instruct our players to hit the ground instantly, in the same situation? First to the ground "wins" and the other gets sent off?

Try and get that in writing from the FA 😂

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It is mad though, in most walks of life people pretend to be OK when they’re hurt, act as strong as possible, keeping going despite any odds. And in football the culture is for adults to pretend to be injured and roll about on the ground. I honestly don’t know how they can do it. 

Actually book cunts for simulation? That's said we'd only have Gordon for half a season if they started doing that.

Of course, yeah, but there doesn't seem to be any appetite for it. 

FWIW you probably don't even need to book people, you just need to stop giving them fouls. That might actually be more comfortable for referees to implement. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

On 20/08/2024 at 11:29, AyeDubbleYoo said:

:lol:

You watch a football match followed by ice hockey and it's hard to comprehend how different the culture is. You can be legit fouled in ice hockey but the refs send both to the penalty box if the guy fouled is seen to go down too theatrically. Or optionally you get punched in the face for being a soft cunt. Meanwhile pundits in a football studio can justify anything if there was the slightest touch between two adult males who are professional athletes.

4 hours ago, janpawel said:

Any news on if we have appealed? If so, when would we expect a decision? 

I’ll be amazed if we did as he’d end up getting a four game ban rather than three!

7 hours ago, Paully said:

I’ll be amazed if we did as he’d end up getting a four game ban rather than three!

I don't think that's the case anymore.

Can't imagine they'll overturn it mind, as it would require them to admit they're a bunch of incompetent arseholes. 

15 hours ago, Pata said:

:lol:

You watch a football match followed by ice hockey and it's hard to comprehend how different the culture is. You can be legit fouled in ice hockey but the refs send both to the penalty box if the guy fouled is seen to go down too theatrically. Or optionally you get punched in the face for being a soft cunt. Meanwhile pundits in a football studio can justify anything if there was the slightest touch between two adult males who are professional athletes.

And then you’ve got grown adults in the studio, podcasts, social media and message boards saying “well thems the rules” and just either blindly defend it or go back to blaming the player for knowing better. The common sense thing to do is sort the fucking rule out and call it out for what it is, stupid. 

But surely the angle that emerged Sunday was conclusive enough to show that it was that scruffy cunt that chucked his head in and not the other way around. 

I'm astounded we haven't appealed.

Edited by Magpie

52 minutes ago, huss9 said:

the appeal may have at least reduced his 3 game ban to 1.

or they may have sought advice and toldnot to bother.

Doubt that’s possible. There’s no one game ban for violent conduct. The red is removed or not, there’s no case for making it a one match ban red. 

39 minutes ago, Magpie said:

But surely the angle that emerged Sunday was conclusive enough to show that it was that scruffy cunt that chucked his head in and not the other way around. 

This is the bit that bugs me.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It is still the case for ‘frivolous’ appeals - which this would have been

I stand corrected. I was going on info from Talksport. First mistake there really. Does it constitute frivolous when the general consensus seems to be he’s done Schar over by being ‘clever’ I.e since when do you lose the ability to stand from going in someone’s face. 

On 17/08/2024 at 17:22, ExiledGeordie said:

Silly boy losing his composure. Great player but also a bit concerned about his lack of lace (mind a few looked a bit off the pace anyway)

And yet despite his lack of lace he manages to keep his boots on.

Truly impressive! 🤣

35 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Does the league cup game count as one of the matches giving it’s part of the “league”

Yes apparently, according to Keith Downie, which was an unexpected boost.

51 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

I stand corrected. I was going on info from Talksport. First mistake there really. Does it constitute frivolous when the general consensus seems to be he’s done Schar over by being ‘clever’ I.e since when do you lose the ability to stand from going in someone’s face. 

Aye, when the manager has come out afterwards and basically stated Schar was at fault that wouldn’t go down well :) 

1 hour ago, Magpie said:

There was no way Fab's card was going to get overturned as he went in with his head but that cheating shit-house should have received a three match ban for doing the same!

7 minutes ago, Paully said:

There was no way Fab's card was going to get overturned as he went in with his head but that cheating shit-house should have received a three match ban for doing the same!

He did exactly the same as Schar by putting his head in an opponent's face and causing contact, so he should get the same 3 match ban. If he gets away with it then they're rewarding and incentivising cheating and we'll see much more of it. They should ban him not only in accordance with their own rules but also to send out a clear message.

15 hours ago, ohmelads said:

He did exactly the same as Schar by putting his head in an opponent's face and causing contact, so he should get the same 3 match ban. If he gets away with it then they're rewarding and incentivising cheating and we'll see much more of it. They should ban him not only in accordance with their own rules but also to send out a clear message.

The difference was Schar twice goes up to Brereton-Diaz. B-D stands still throughout until he flops to the ground. Schar shoves him away with his chest which would have been a fair enough reaction, but then he goes to him again. Was just a bit silly.