The Magpie Group

Heron

Propose a full boycott, and for those who won't stay away, propose going in 15 minutes late, that's my idea.

Going in late for the next TV game should be where they go next imho. Obviously the cameras would pick up on all the empty seats, but the match would have to be delayed for health and safety reasons which would impact on TV schedules. Keep doing that on televised games, and Sky/BT would stop putting us on the telly which deprives Ashley of his advertising.

Walk in on 11 minutes to signify the number of years he has been there.

I agree, but proposing both (boycott and late entry) at the same time will have a greater impact imo, because at least when people go in late it won't be packed out as some people will be staying away altogether, so there will still be loads of empty seats.

If there is a H&S issue i guess the club would just close the turnstiles in order to get the game started on time for TV.  Is there a limit on how long they have to keep them open after ko even? I'd be happy enough to just not go provided it's a televised game for maximum impact.

Tbh I'm all for an all out pitch invasion now. We've tried boycotts, we've tried walk outs, we've demonstrated outside his shop and it's now time to ramp things up further. A few thousand fans on the pitch (peacefully ie not the West Ham way) halting a match is what's needed. A nice fine for the club and Ashleys police bill rocketing for the remainder of the season is a nice bonus and there's not a chance they're attempting to prosecute 1000s of people for a peaceful pitch incursion.

Also I've never been on the pitch since after the Hull City match at the end of the 1990/91 season and I want to relive my youth a bit.

Tbh I'm all for an all out pitch invasion now. We've tried boycotts, we've tried walk outs, we've demonstrated outside his shop and it's now time to ramp things up further. A few thousand fans on the pitch (peacefully ie not the West Ham way) halting a match is what's needed. A nice fine for the club and Ashleys police bill rocketing for the remainder of the season is a nice bonus and there's not a chance they're attempting to prosecute 1000s of people for a peaceful pitch incursion.

Also I've never been on the pitch since after the Hull City match at the end of the 1990/91 season and I want to relive my youth a bit.

Peacefully or not - see section 4 of Football (Offences) Act 1991

4 Going onto the playing area.

It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).

Peacefully or not - see section 4 of Football (Offences) Act 1991

4 Going onto the playing area.

It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).

They won't prosecute thousands of people. The logistics and cost of it all just isn't worth the hassle. You see it every season, when a team gets to the play off finals, a small team beats a big team in the cup etc, mass pitch invsasions with no consequences.

Still seeing hundreds of comments from morons on Facebook about how it's pointless protesting etc and Ashley will only sell when he gets his asking price

Everyone on here knows the score but it certainly seems the sad reality is the large majority of our fans in general have no idea about any of it and don't give a fuck

Wankers

I got asked at work today by a guy who is a season ticket holder why I'm protesting.  His view it's totally pointless and will make no difference. Too many fans are completely apathetic

I'm all up for a peaceful pitch invasion.  Everyone just walk on calmly sit down and refuse to move.  Can't arrest everyone.  Ideally do it on the early Sunday match so it knocks Sky's entire schedule

Problem is you'd probably have three quarters of the crowd booing. 

I got asked at work today by a guy who is a season ticket holder why I'm protesting.  His view it's totally pointless and will make no difference. Too many fans are completely apathetic

I'm all up for a peaceful pitch invasion.  Everyone just walk on calmly sit down and refuse to move.  Can't arrest everyone.  Ideally do it on the early Sunday match so it knocks Sky's entire schedule

Problem is you'd probably have three quarters of the crowd booing. 

This is the problem. I honestly reckon these people make up AT LEAST 75% of our fanbase. They literally won't do anything about it. This will make any walkouts or boycotts seem like its a minority to a viewing Sky audience which plays right into Ashleys hands.

90% of the crowd booing. This board is great as everyone gets it completely and I feel there is hope, yet soon as I'm on Facebook or talking to other fans they don't have a clue. I have Arsenal fans at work who get our situation more than most Newcastle fans I know.

Absolutely amazes me how people can be content and apathetic. To me I'm positive that means they never "got" NUFC in the first place or they couldn't possibly be fine with this now.

I and any of us on here could write a 5000 word essay on all the horrendous things Ashley has done here. I was even awake 3am last night with it going through my head what I should of said to my dad when we were debating this on Saturday.

God I hate the man I've even had to take up boxing because of him to take some anger out

Walking in the stadium after 15 mins sounds good to me and it will have maximum impact if its a televised game as well, I'm passed the point of caring about our Premier league survival anyway and if Ashley is still at the club come next season then I wont be.

nothing stopping any individual from here running onto the pitch with a protest banner during a home game.

i'd never do it but plenty on here seem up for it so who's first?

I don't think we should wait for a televised game, action is needed now, we haven't got time on our side.

Who cares if the media don't pick up on it, Mike Ashley will and that's all that matters.

you first then?

I don't think we should wait for a televised game, action is needed now, we haven't got time on our side.

Who cares if the media don't pick up on it, Mike Ashley will and that's all that matters.

you first then?

What do you mean? I've submitted my idea to the magpie group and am boycotting altogether.

you first then?

What do you mean? I've submitted my idea to the magpie group and am boycotting altogether.

pitch invasion, not fancy it?

you first then?

pitch invasion, not fancy it?

Bit difficult if i'm boycotting :lol:

Idea from those two Rangers fans..

Printing out loads of leaflets to hand out to the match going fans (i bet the majority haven't heard about the group) it only needs to be one sheet, one side very short and to the point in big lettering about what the movement is about, and the other side more detailed about what he has done to the club and sports direct etc.

As well as being informative, could get people to hold them up at a certain minute of the match aswell.

This would need investment like.