Stupid Idiotic Blabbermouth (aka Shepherd) at it again

James

Simply terrible that a chairman supports his manager and players like  blueconfused.gif

You've completely missed the point! (Again!)

This is another example of Shepherd voicing his small minded parochialism. Shepherd seems to believe that Geordies are a sort of super race much like Hitler believed that a pure German Aryan race would one day rule the world. He's on record saying that ideally he'd want a team of Geordies managed by a Geordie manager.

It's utterly pathetic and continues to make NUFC a laughing stock!

Its you that is missing the point.

It is irrelevant.

I don't consider we will be a laughing stock when we play in europe again soon - again. We were however a laughing stock when we spent decades struggling to even stay in the top league or the 2nd division, losing to utter shite teams that we shouldn't even be playing, selling our best players, and playing in front of sub 20,000 crowds.

I consider us to be more of a laughing stock wasting millions and millions, with a thick chairman, always making the wrong choices, than being a normal Division 2 club living within our means.

more of a laugh than the mackems, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Birmingham, Wolves etc etc ........ no I don;t think so. When we are next playing in europe and/or buying a player they can only dream of buying, they will be envious. Take my word for it.

The grass is not greener on the other side.

Simply terrible that a chairman supports his manager and players like  blueconfused.gif

You are missing the fact that he plays the geordie card for the 1000th time, demonstrating that he is totally out of touch with the fans.

Didn't Sir John Hall say the same ?

See my post to jimmymag

Whatever SJH said is irrelevent. It is the current chairman I am worried about.

please explain the difference ? And why you are so bothered, if he wants to look daft its up to him, unless you agree with him  :lol:

It's like you can only be a real Newcastle fan if you are a Geordie. The chairman is an utter prick. I would love to know if anyone falls for this geordie (us and them) crap that he keeps spouting. "if he's a geordie then he must be class like!" It appeals to the slackjawed idiots who appear every time Sky are reporting around the ground. For example - "Where gonna win the league now like" after signing Owen.

You don't hear Man Utd going on about Fergie having all the qualities of a Manc, or Liverpool talking about scouse Benitez.

it appears it is having an effect on you.

Sheperd just plays for the crowd (or thinks he does) and, albeit unwittingly, puts his big size ten in it every time.

I agree with the thread starter that he is an annoying pric* when he comes out with this sycophantic "geordie - super race" type comments. Just shows himself up for what he really is - a thick (both meanings :winking:) cun*!!!

I do think that he embarasses us and I also think that other supporters do laugh AT US and not with us...

It appeals to the slackjawed idiots who appear every time Sky are reporting around the ground. For example - "Where gonna win the league now like" after signing Owen.

that was NSG  :lol:

bluesigh.gif :lol:

You are missing the fact that he plays the geordie card for the 1000th time, demonstrating that he is totally out of touch with the fans.

See my post to jimmymag

please explain the difference ? And why you are so bothered, if he wants to look daft its up to him , unless you agree with him  :lol:

Unfortunately he's our Chairman, and if you can't see the damage he does to our club then you're a bigger fool than I thought you were.

See my post to jimmymag

please explain the difference ? And why you are so bothered, if he wants to look daft its up to him , unless you agree with him  :lol:

Unfortunately he's our Chairman, and if you can't see the damage he does to our club then you're a bigger fool than I thought you were.

The profile of the club has never been higher, unless you think we staged England internationals and featured in films as well as winning trophies galore pre-1992. The only film we would have featured in pre-1992 is Steptoe and Son.

Fortunatately, the team has also appeared in europe massively more than pre-1992 as well, proving such comments have zero effect on the club on, as well as, off the pitch.

At least you come out when the team has won a few games. Most people disappear when they lose. I wonder what motivation macbeth and thickmick have while they are hiding away.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,80011075,00.html

SHEPHERD SCRATCHES NOSE

Posted 13/12/06 09:49

EmailPrintSave

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd yesterday scratched his nose.

Feeling an itch on his nose during a meeting yesterday, Shepherd raised his left hand and scratched his nose for a full 5 seconds.

Jesus, I can't believe the Fat Fuck has embarrassed us again. The world must be pissing themselves laughing at us knowing we have a chairman who uses his LEFT hand to scratch his nose.

Guest Gemmill

SHEPHERD SCRATCHES NOSE

EmailPrintSave

Feeling an itch on his nose during a meeting yesterday, Shepherd raised his left hand and scratched his nose for a full 5 seconds.

Jesus, I can't believe the Fat Fuck has embarrassed us again. The world must be pissing themselves laughing at us knowing we have a chairman who uses his LEFT hand to scratch his nose.

He was blatantly picking it tbh.  Geordie snots - the best in the world.

SHEPHERD SCRATCHES NOSE

EmailPrintSave

bluebiggrin.gif

Ok so its sychophantic and it could be patronising but so fucking what. At least on the surface he supports his manager, team and region. In this respect he is NO different to many other proud and parochial chairmen.

I've always espoused Geordies as "God's chosen people" which is ridiculous but if you can have no pride in youre birthplace shut up.

Some of the anti Shepherd sentiment here is boring and its leaching onto threads where it is totally out of context and making this fabulous board a fucking drag to troll through. Some of us have a life and don't have the time to read cut and paste argumentative crap. Unfortunately the perpetrators of this art form will always win as they are so fucking ignorant they actually think they are right and even worse doing the rest of us a favour.

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd has hailed the achievements of manager Glenn Roeder in the face of adversity.

I only read that line and i have to say i agree, we are picking our squad from bones right now and have somehow managed to show atleast some direction. credit where credit is due, hats of to glenn

definitely mate he has done a fantastic job in the state he finds his resources in

i dont like him as a bloke but you can only praise what he is doing at the moment

tonight at chelsea you will see a team at its roots but he will still go for the victory and play with passion

that is what i call a true manager

Really? For me it's been the other way around for most of the season.

Guest Gemmill

Ok so its sychophantic and it could be patronising but so fucking what. At least on the surface he supports his manager, team and region. In this respect he is NO different to many other proud and parochial chairmen.

I've always espoused Geordies as "God's chosen people" which is ridiculous but if you can have no pride in youre birthplace shut up.

Some of the anti Shepherd sentiment here is boring and its leaching onto threads where it is totally out of context and making this fabulous board a fucking drag to troll through. Some of us have a life and don't have the time to read cut and paste argumentative crap. Unfortunately the perpetrators of this art form will always win as they are so fucking ignorant they actually think they are right and even worse doing the rest of us a favour.

The pro-Shepherd v anti-Shepherd argument is as dull as fuck, but I'm surprised you can't see the issue people have with Shepherd's parochial "Me Geordie.  Geordie am best" witterings.  This bloke, chairman of a football club and PLC genuinely believes that to call someone a Geordie is some sort of supreme compliment.  I mean really, do you hear any other club chairmen talk like this?  Can you imagine the Liverpool board coming out with comments about Benitez having the "spirit of a scouser", or the Man United chairman saying that Alex Ferguson's successor is going to need to be a Mancunian.  David Dein wittering on about cockneys?  It's a whole heap of shit and we're all bored and embarrassed by it.

I'm not really arsed about his comments either way tbh, although I do think he is a bit obsessed with the whole Geordie-nation shite. Or at least he thinks it's what the fans want to hear. And some probably do want to hear that.

I will agree with comments from Alex and kiwi.

Like Alex I couldn't give a toss either way. Like Alex I agree he is a bit obsessed. Like Alex I agree that its what some fans want to hear, in fact, more than some. A lot more than some would care to admit.

Like kiwi I agree if you can't have pride in your birthplace then its pretty sad. Like kiwi I agree that the anti shepherd stuff is totally out of context and irrelevant.

And I'll add the view - for those who are bothered and "embarrassed" - the majority of people outside the area that I come across, who are even bothered at all and that isn't too many - realise that the vast majority of Newcastle fans/Geordies don't feel the need to spout off about the Geordie nation stuff ie they realise he is just talking up the club and think there is no harm in it. If anything, they feel sorry for the people who are so obsessed by Shepherds own "obsession" it is THOSE people they feel embarrassed for.