Stupid Idiotic Blabbermouth (aka Shepherd) at it again

James

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_1771377,00.html

SHEPHERD: ROEDER AN HONORARY GEORDIE

Posted 13/12/06 09:49

EmailPrintSave

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd has hailed the achievements of manager Glenn Roeder in the face of adversity.

The Magpies headed for their Barclays Premiership clash with Chelsea on Wednesday without 13 senior players, among them nine probable starters, through injury.

That is a situation which has left Roeder desperately trying to put together a team for weeks.

However, despite his problems, he has led his side through a run of eight games without defeat and has seen them lose only once in 12 attempts to drag themselves up the league table and into the knockout stages of the UEFA Cup.

Shepherd said: "I have supported Newcastle United for over 50 years but never in that time can I recall such a run of injuries as we are experiencing now.

"Yet in my meetings with Glenn Roeder, I have to say he has never used this as an excuse for any bad performance and he has always kept his head up and in recent weeks.

"The manager, his staff and the players have really done a fantastic job for this football club in the most difficult of circumstances.

"This is our 29th game of the season so far, and to have an unbeaten eight-match run when we have been playing in the Premiership and kept our hopes alive in Europe and the Carling Cup at the same time is some achievement.

"This was always going to be a difficult season for us going into it for the first time without Alan Shearer and then Michael Owen being injured before a ball was kicked, and while obviously we are looking for a higher Premiership placing, the board cannot complain at the recent efforts of the management and players.

"Indeed, if I did not know that Glenn Roeder is a cockney from east London, I would say he was one of us because he shows all the qualities of a Geordie."

Shepherd remained steadfastly behind the manager he fought to appoint during he summer as the pressure mounted earlier in the season.

Indeed, it was he who faced the flak over a dismal 1-0 home defeat by promoted Sheffield United on November 4, after which angry fans demanded his head.

Shepherd will once again support Roeder in the transfer market once the January transfer window opens - he has played down his interest in Liverpool striker Peter Crouch, but it is understood his name is among his list of potential targets.

In the meantime, he will hope for what would represent something of a miracle at Stamford Bridge, where Newcastle have not won in more than 20 years, tonight.

Shepherd said: "I am sure the players will have a go and rise to the challenge and if they do, anything can happen.

"And what I always say about records, either good or bad, is that they are always there to be broken."

He can't fucking help himself.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd has hailed the achievements of manager Glenn Roeder in the face of adversity.

I only read that line and i have to say i agree, we are picking our squad from bones right now and have somehow managed to show atleast some direction. credit where credit is due, hats of to glenn

I only read that line and i have to say i agree, we are picking our squad from bones right now and have somehow managed to show atleast some direction. credit where credit is due, hats of to glenn

definitely mate he has done a fantastic job in the state he finds his resources in

i dont like him as a bloke but you can only praise what he is doing at the moment

tonight at chelsea you will see a team at its roots but he will still go for the victory and play with passion

that is what i call a true manager

definitely mate he has done a fantastic job in the state he finds his resources in

i dont like him as a bloke but you can only praise what he is doing at the moment

tonight at chelsea you will see a team at its roots but he will still go for the victory and play with passion

that is what i call a true manager

I hope I'm due a whoosh.  bluebiggrin.gif

Going for the victory and playing with passion has been missing from by far the majority of games in the league this season, and (while willing) I havn't been persuaded that Roeder defines the term 'true manager' quite yet either.

Simply terrible that a chairman supports his manager and players like  blueconfused.gif

You are missing the fact that he plays the geordie card for the 1000th time, demonstrating that he is totally out of touch with the fans.

Simply terrible that a chairman supports his manager and players like  blueconfused.gif

You've completely missed the point! (Again!)

This is another example of Shepherd voicing his small minded parochialism. Shepherd seems to believe that Geordies are a sort of super race much like Hitler believed that a pure German Aryan race would one day rule the world. He's on record saying that ideally he'd want a team of Geordies managed by a Geordie manager.

It's utterly pathetic and continues to make NUFC a laughing stock!

This is another example of Shepherd voicing his small minded parochialism. Shepherd seems to believe that Geordies are a sort of super race much like Hitler believed that a pure German Aryan race would one day rule the world. He's on record saying that ideally he'd want a team of Geordies managed by a Geordie manager.

Its you that is missing the point.

It is irrelevant.

I don't consider we will be a laughing stock when we play in europe again soon - again. We were however a laughing stock when we spent decades struggling to even stay in the top league or the 2nd division, losing to utter shite teams that we shouldn't even be playing, selling our best players, and playing in front of sub 20,000 crowds.

You are missing the fact that he plays the geordie card for the 1000th time, demonstrating that he is totally out of touch with the fans.

Didn't Sir John Hall say the same ?

See my post to jimmymag

It is irrelevant.

I don't consider we will be a laughing stock when we play in europe again soon - again. We were however a laughing stock when we spent decades struggling to even stay in the top league or the 2nd division, losing to utter shite teams that we shouldn't even be playing, selling our best players, and playing in front of sub 20,000 crowds.

Oh FFS, it is you who has missed the fucking point.

Answer this question - Do you agree with Shepherd's 'us and them' approach to the Geordie nation and NUFC?

Didn't Sir John Hall say the same ?

See my post to jimmymag

Whatever SJH said is irrelevent. It is the current chairman I am worried about.

Ah, it's all starting to make sense now.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9195/shearerpj6.jpg

Heil Shepherd

It's like you can only be a real Newcastle fan if you are a Geordie. The chairman is an utter prick. I would love to know if anyone falls for this geordie (us and them) crap that he keeps spouting. "if he's a geordie then he must be class like!" It appeals to the slackjawed idiots who appear every time Sky are reporting around the ground. For example - "Where gonna win the league now like" after signing Owen.

You don't hear Man Utd going on about Fergie having all the qualities of a Manc, or Liverpool talking about scouse Benitez.

It is irrelevant.

emot-yawn.gif

It is irrelevant.

I consider us to be more of a laughing stock wasting millions and millions, with a thick chairman, always making the wrong choices, than being a normal Division 2 club living within our means.