Miguel Almirón

Deuce

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think De Zebri has been the key to taking them to the next level. They where no better than mid table under Potter.

Potter had them up to 9th and they were 4th when he left (albeit early in the season). They were on an upward trajectory. 

Not to knock on the job De Zerbi is doing but don't think it's out of the question Potter gets them to 6th last season as well. He really did choose a bad time to leave though I can see why he did. 

3 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

We are compliant with FFP for the period. Imagine any outgoing business with facilitate incomings. Whether that wad has been blown on the City lad or not who knows.

We don’t actually know that for this season we are in. Remember we spend a shit load in the summer.

I also do wonder whether the club where pushing it to the limits and got a bit scared with Everton and Forrest getting their wrists slapped.

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

45-50m (30 + 15-20) for Miggy and Tripps would be great business to be fair.

Only if we were able to get two through the door in the remaining few days. 

Anyone we do sign, their clubs won't have time to replace them, meaning the fees would be in the 'cant turn down' region - which doesnt suit us.

Can't see either leaving on that basis. Unless we have to sell to comply with FFP, which would be ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

We don’t actually know that for this season we are in. Remember we spend a shit load in the summer.

I also do wonder whether the club where pushing it to the limits and got a bit scared with Everton and Forrest getting their wrists slapped.

And we don’t actually know, or indeed have information to the contrary either. Ffs what have those running the club got to do, to convince some people that they’re not fucking clueless?

9 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

We are compliant with FFP for the period. Imagine any outgoing business with facilitate incomings. Whether that wad has been blown on the City lad or not who knows.

City lad ?

He is 18 and 6 month left on his contract 

probably a free or nominal fee 

12 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

I can honestly see this one happening.

It feels like the club HAVE to sell someone to comply with FFP.

Not to buy anyone. And I think it’s linked to Everton and Forrest.

I think you are wrong 

If we sell a player , we will replace 

Might not be like for like but we will get another player in 

3 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

And we don’t actually know, or indeed have information to the contrary either. Ffs what have those running the club got to do, to convince some people that they’re not fucking clueless?

No. Just to make sure we are not breaking the shitty rules the PL have put in place so our takeover went through.

I have no doubts that it only went through because we agreed to be squeaky clean.

Convinced.

2 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I think you are wrong 

If we sell a player , we will replace 

Might not be like for like but we will get another player in 

I hope so. But the signals coming out from the club are that we have to sell to comply with FFP.

By all accounts we may be skirting close to our PSR limits, but this sale if it goes through will be to free up wiggle room to allow us to bring other players in his window, following a Joelinton’s surgery. Not because we were fearing a points deduction.

9 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Only if we were able to get two through the door in the remaining few days. 

Anyone we do sign, their clubs won't have time to replace them, meaning the fees would be in the 'cant turn down' region - which doesnt suit us.

Can't see either leaving on that basis. Unless we have to sell to comply with FFP, which would be ridiculous.

We already have Tripps replacement in Tino and with the 45m or so it seems like we can go out and get MGW as Miggy's replacement and stay within FFP.

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

I would suggest instead of reading that, actually watch the Eales interview on the club website. You’ll find it FAR less sensationalist than much of the media reporting about it.

Oh I know. The media paint that picture. But I’ve studied our accounts for the last 3 years and we may be in breach depending on certain rulings from the Everton and Forrest appeals.

The club have been asked to be squeaky clean since the takeover.

And there is no doubt it’s not a coincidence that we have spent absolutely zero (Klopp can fuck off with his ceilings) this window so far.

By all means we are actually touting our players out.

1 minute ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Oh I know. The media paint that picture. But I’ve studied our accounts for the last 3 years and we may be in breach depending on certain rulings from the Everton and Forrest appeals.

The club have been asked to be squeaky clean since the takeover.

And there is no doubt it’s not a coincidence that we have spent absolutely zero (Klopp can fuck off with his ceilings) this window so far.

By all means we are actually touting our players out.

Well I’m not an accountant, but I think you might be putting 2&2 together and coming up with 5 myself

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Do nowt this window and we're OK ffp wise, but if we want to sign anyone we need to sell. It's mo worse or better than that. 

I’m not so sure mate. I’ve been reading we have pushed it to the wire when it comes to FFP. And we have been playing by the rules. Definitely.

Something is just off with this whole transfer window. For all teams.

Its no coincidence that hardly any transfer activity has happened.

My guess is the PL have said to all clubs. FFP is here. We need to be seen as regulators and with the governments independent involvement that they have said be above board.

Just now, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

I’m not so sure mate. I’ve been reading we have pushed it to the wire when it comes to FFP. And we have been playing by the rules. Definitely.

Something is just off with this whole transfer window. For all teams.

Its no coincidence that hardly any transfer activity has happened.

My guess is the PL have said to all clubs. FFP is here. We need to be seen as regulators and with the governments independent involvement that they have said be above board.

Mind if I could throw the PL under the bus and make it look like they had no control so governance is removed from them and especially Masters,I'd have hoyed £500m at this window alone.

I think people need to think back to previous January windows personally, there isn’t as much business done and what does happen often isn’t until the last week. I think it’s been a bit quieter this year but think that more to do with how the league is shaping up, rather than concerns about money myself.

if you’re a club in lower mid table at the minute, is there the same need to spend to keep ahead of the relegation chasers this year?

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

I think people need to think back to previous January windows personally, there isn’t as much business done and what does happen often isn’t until the last week. I think it’s been a bit quieter this year but think that more to do with how the league is shaping up, rather than concerns about money myself.

if you’re a club in lower mid table at the minute, is there the same need to spend to keep ahead of the relegation chasers this year?

Have a look at the last January spend to date in January compared to this one. Its a polar opposite.