Man Utd get Work Permit for Dong Fangzhou

Minhosa

he plays for antwerp in belgium division 2

He's been scoring some, but not really a world class player

but can imporove still

Is he already a Man Utd player then? and they've loaned him to Antwerp to let him develop whilst he gets his permit or have they actually signed him from them?

but can imporove still

Is he already a Man Utd player then? and they've loaned him to Antwerp to let him develop whilst he gets his permit or have they actually signed him from them?

They signed him before they bought Rooney I think.

EDIT - They signed him Feb 2004

He's signed for Man U, actually played for them in the preseason a lot this year.

They basically just had him loaned off to Antwerp long-term because they couldn't pick up a work permit for him.

He's a good player IMO, better than he gets credit for. But I don't think he'll every be a first-teamer for the manure. Mostly a signing with an eye to Chinese shirt sales I think.

Still, hope he proves me wrong. Always nice to see more asians in the prem.

but can imporove still

They signed him before they bought Rooney I think.

EDIT - They signed him Feb 2004

Cheers :thup:

yes antwerp has a deal with manure so they lend them players, i think they have 4 or 5 manure players on loan.

He's been playing for antwerp for a couple off years now

He's been ok this season in division2. Scores regulary. But remember, he plays in DIV2, not even the top league in belgium.

I think they just bought him for the chinese fanbase, and to sell more jerseys over there when he ever makes his return to manure.

http://www.rafc.be/images/spelersfotos/dong_fangzhuo.jpg

Dalian Yiteng Liantie FC Youth Team (12.96-05.00), Dalian Shide FC Youth Team (05.00-12.01), Dalian Sidelong FC (01.02-01.03), Dalian Shide FC (01.03-01.04), Manchester Utd23 januari 1985 

Born: Liaoning (China)

Nat: Chinees 

weight: 83 kg.

Lengt: 1,85 m.

I thought we signed some sort of link up deal with Dalian Shide a few years ago, to bring players like him to us?

The same with Telstar in Holland I thought.

Those both payed dividends obviously. Our team is overun with Dutch and Chinese. :S

Anyways, Dong beats Rossi tbh.

Those both payed dividends obviously. Our team is overun with Dutch and Chinese. :S

What? You must be kidding. Dong is good enough for Belgium Division 2 but far worse than Rossi. Frezzie Campbell is also better than Dong!

What? You must be kidding. Dong is good enough for Belgium Division 2 but far worse than Rossi. Frezzie Campbell is also better than Dong!

Rossi is a terrible footballer. Also highly overrated.

Also, regardless of your opinion on their footballing ability, Dong beats Rossi, at any other subject. Check your Man U trump cards tbh.

If you persist to think that Rossi is a terrible overrated footballer so be it.

I've seen nothing to refute my claim.

Delima thought we should sign him for £10 million even before he came here tbh.

Aye, along with the rest of Man Utd's academy side. :lol: