We have to win against Watford now.

Guest Deep456

Emre isn't a left winger and playing 2 DM's at home to Watford is asking for you to get beat.

ok so what should we start luque out on the left...psssh be a hot day in greenland before that happens, duff won't be fit to start so by my calculations emre is our only left sided player left

Put Milner on the left.

and dyer on the right? but if emre's ankle is fine he'll be in the starting line up, will we drop butt?? hope not

Emre isn't a left winger and playing 2 DM's at home to Watford is asking for you to get beat.

ok so what should we start luque out on the left...psssh be a hot day in greenland before that happens, duff won't be fit to start so by my calculations emre is our only left sided player left

Put Milner on the left.

and dyer on the right? but if emre's ankle is fine he'll be in the starting line up, will we drop butt?? hope not

Drop Parker.

:|

I am not too optimistic about this game.

No Emre, no Solano, no Zoggy... so that means we will be relying heavily upon Milner for a supply of crosses, which is fine, but he usually needs about 6 tries before he gets on right. Zoggy has not been great this season but he does knwo where his team mates are... whereas a midfield of Parker, Dyer, Butt and Milner has no clue. We are going to have to rely on pace on our wings for break aways. Defo need to keep the ball short and wide when in posession then nip one into Sibi or Martins for a goal.

If Watford score early they could batter the confidence of our players and the crowd will turn.

Bit harsh on the lad considering there's fuk all ever to aim for.

Martins is usually in a shit position, and Sibby arrives four days later.

If he ran to the line, then waited for those two to get in the box he'd have been tackled several times over.

He should maybe start cutting inside and learning how to shoot, thought he was part striker when he joined?

Aye, Sibi is slow - but he gets about the box and knows where to receive a ball. All of his goals have come from crosses. Agree about Martins, his positional sense inside the box is non-existant.

But Milner's final ball is shit, simple as really.

He's 20 years old, ffs. I doubt Nobby's crosses were world class at that age, either.

Not saying he won't improve. Of course he will - he's great talent.

This season though, his final ball's been shit. Don't really see how anyone can argue with that. :?

No Emre, no Solano, no Zoggy... so that means we will be relying heavily upon Milner for a supply of crosses, which is fine, but he usually needs about 6 tries before he gets on right. Zoggy has not been great this season but he does knwo where his team mates are... whereas a midfield of Parker, Dyer, Butt and Milner has no clue. We are going to have to rely on pace on our wings for break aways. Defo need to keep the ball short and wide when in posession then nip one into Sibi or Martins for a goal.

If Watford score early they could batter the confidence of our players and the crowd will turn.

If he ran to the line, then waited for those two to get in the box he'd have been tackled several times over.

He should maybe start cutting inside and learning how to shoot, thought he was part striker when he joined?

Aye, Sibi is slow - but he gets about the box and knows where to receive a ball. All of his goals have come from crosses. Agree about Martins, his positional sense inside the box is non-existant.

He's 20 years old, ffs. I doubt Nobby's crosses were world class at that age, either.

This season though, his final ball's been shit. Don't really see how anyone can argue with that. :?

Its not been spot on, but no winger has been able to do well simply as the attack are shite (positionally) in and around the box.

If we had a target-man Milner would be assisting a hell of a lot more, most of Martins play is through the middle, Sibby picks up scraps and occasionally musters enough steam to get in the box, and Milner has found him a couple of times, but generally my point stands, Milner arrives way too quick when going down the wing for what we currently have upfront.

But yes, its heads down, hit and hope, but he's looking up more and more. Before he went to Villa, he couldn't take on a fellow winger, now he can skip past pretty much anyone a few times per game, certainly a huge improvement.

Bit by bit he's getting there, i expect him to crack crossing this season, then we need to get him cutting inside and shooting, if he could do all of that by 22, he'd be fantastic asset.

If we had a target-man Milner would be assisting a hell of a lot more

I'd disagree with that aswell... most of Milner's crosses are just drilled into the first or second man.

Milner's crossing has been no worse than N'Zogbia's or Duff's, just people have a bee in their bonnet about Milner. First thing most people seem to say is "well his crossing's shite", ignoring the fact that he's put some wonderful crosses into the box in recent games (against Reading, either the Martins header which hit the bar or the Sib header that should have easily been buried was from a Milner cross, the other from a Solano one). I think N'Zogbia will be better than Milner, though I like them both, but N'Zogbia's crossing this season has been woeful.

Don't even get me started on fucking Duff.

If we had a target-man Milner would be assisting a hell of a lot more

I'd disagree with that aswell... most of Milner's crosses are just drilled into the first or second man.

Because he's generally had to stand about for 2mins while the rest of the team catch up, defender isnt caught on the hop.

Needs to be quick onto the fullback, a more talented winger would then take him on, but he's not got that bit sussed either.

That aside, his crossing isn't as bad as people make out, its getting better each game, and i hope it continues.

Has Duff actually crossed a ball this season?

His cross for Solano against Pompey in the cup was a beauty. Came when he was playing up front, rather ironically, cos he's been fucking useless on the left.

Guest TheOrder

How can you say that? How ignorant. Some of our most important goals this season have come from Milner crosses. His final ball has improved no end since he's been back.

Not been ignorant, i know, he's planted one or two peaches. I can only count two actually... the Palermo one and the Vigo one.

On the whole - his balls are generally pants.

I beg to differ again mate.

Another important assist leading to a massively important goal.

Milner's crossing has been no worse than N'Zogbia's or Duff's, just people have a bee in their bonnet about Milner. First thing most people seem to say is "well his crossing's shite", ignoring the fact that he's put some wonderful crosses into the box in recent games (against Reading, either the Martins header which hit the bar or the Sib header that should have easily been buried was from a Milner cross, the other from a Solano one). I think N'Zogbia will be better than Milner, though I like them both, but N'Zogbia's crossing this season has been woeful.

It's not just his crossing though. I think Milner is too stupid to be a footballer. he often beats his man, but instead of advancing into the box, he turns again and start running towards the corner-flag and puts in a crap ball or loses it before.

Milner does put in a lot of poor balls BUT he also puts in a good amount of "perfect" balls which are almost impossible not to score. He was the 7th most productive player in the league last season and is only 20 years old.

N'Zogbia hasn't looked half as good this season but gets the old "he's young, just a difficult second season" etc.. and is given excuses because he had an excellent season last year but although Milner also had an excellent season last year because it was with us it doesn't count and he is just "shit"  bluesigh.gif

It's not just his crossing though. I think Milner is too stupid to be a footballer. he often beats his man, but instead of advancing into the box, he turns again and start running towards the corner-flag and puts in a crap ball or loses it before.

Towelie sees stuff that SBR, MON, GR, me and 1000s of others cant. Am sorry i thought he was a good player, i was obviously wrong.

Don't even get me started on f***ing Duff.

Towelie sees stuff that SBR, MON, GR, me and 1000s of others cant. Am sorry i thought he was a good player, i was obviously wrong.

Another one whose missus got knocked up by a Newcastle player tbh!

Guest TheOrder

There's too many Football Manager users on this forum. Haven't a clue how the game is played, and judge players on youtube compilation, or highlights on T.V.

Even lower than pub fans in my opinion, you know the ones that stand at the bar, with beer belly hanging over his lacoste tracksuit bottoms, ' Shola ya fucking stupid thick cunt. Emre fuck off back to Turkey. HOWAY SHEEEARER''

Milner does put in a lot of poor balls BUT he also puts in a good amount of "perfect" balls which are almost impossible not to score. He was the 7th most productive player in the league last season and is only 20 years old.

N'Zogbia hasn't looked half as good this season but gets the old "he's young, just a difficult second season" etc.. and is given excuses because he had an excellent season last year but although Milner also had an excellent season last year because it was with us it doesn't count and he is just "shit" bluesigh.gif

Yea i agree with that, Its hard to believe Milner is only 20 because he's been around for a while. Yea he's quite hit or miss atm but atleast he is creating. I love to see Milner pop up with a goal because he deserves it, If i was to be critical of Milner it would be that he doesnt score enough

N'Zogbia hasn't looked half as good this season but gets the old "he's young, just a difficult second season" etc.. and is given excuses because he had an excellent season last year but although Milner also had an excellent season last year because it was with us it doesn't count and he is just "shit" bluesigh.gif

Yea i agree with that, Its hard to believe Milner is only 20 because he's been around for a while. Yea he's quite hit or miss atm but atleast he is creating. I love to see Milner pop up with a goal because he deserves it, If i was to be critical of Milner it would be that he doesnt score enough

Yep, part of his game he really needs to work on is goalscoring. Also needs to get his crossing a little more consistant as he has the talent and ability to put in a beautiful ball with either foot and I can see why people get frustrated because he needs to do it a little more.

If Milner was a little sharper in the finishing dept. he could have had 6 or 7 goals this season. From the good positions he has, don't like to use the term, but "wasted".