What do people (other fans) think of us?

IndonesianToon

Somebody please help me out with this one.

especially in England and generally in Europe.

About our Footie club ?

About our Team (current and past) ?

About us (the fans) ?

About our stadium?

And about the city (Newcastle)?

I would hear personal experiences also.

Do we have someone here who are regular member of other's club forum

a la KingDawson ( perhaps KingBramble ) ?

I'm one of NUFC International based fans.

Have been live in another side of globe and never been in europe before.

We don't talk a lot about premierclub other than the top 4 here.

We have loads of ManU, Arse and Pool Fans here, and

quite alot of chelski's too lately (Glory Hunter)

I've met several toon fans too (not many).

Thanx

Howaythelads

especially in England and generally in Europe

erm i guess it depends who you talk to! 

i dont think asking  nufc fans what they think other fans think of us, will get you the right answer)

you ill have to ask OTHER fans yourself.

Guest ruskieray

I'm a Londoner and Arsenal supporter but always follow NUFC and Liverpool with interest and support too, have done ever since I was a kid. Often visit other club websites and this is one of my favourite  :thup: Liverpool fan sites are the worst; I've never seen so much written vitriol and bile as appears on them.

Can't believe it's 37 years! (Excluding the intertoto).  bluesigh.gif

The squad has quality when fit, but the worst luck of any team ever in the Premiership. Shay Given is IMO one of the very very best goalkeepers in the world, if not the best.

SJP is a magnificent arena, better atmosphere than Old Trafford but not as smart as Emirates ;)

Never understood the bare chest thing in winter. Mad or hard. Probably both.  blueconfused.gif

Fat Freddy does put his hand in his pocket to be fair.

Fans: Tend to know their football and show respect for supporters of other clubs and in turn are respected back. Deserve some glory.

Alan Shearer is a God.

NUFC are in the Premiership because that is where they should be just as Sunderland are now where they should be!

It pisses me off as most other fans think we're all thick as fuck due to everytime we sign some fucker Sky Sports is stood outside the ground with about 200 charva's all making a mockery of us all.

Guest Gemmill

The number of dickheads we have ringing in to phone-ins to tell everyone that we're the best fans in the world does us no favours tbh.  I think the sensible, more open-minded of opposition fans will realise that these don't make up the majority of Newcastle fans though.  At least I hope so.  All that shit does my head in.  As do the retards that gather outside the ground like clapping seals whenever we sign someone.

The number of dickheads we have ringing in to phone-ins to tell everyone that we're the best fans in the world does us no favours tbh.  I think the sensible, more open-minded of opposition fans will realise that these don't make up the majority of Newcastle fans though.  At least I hope so.  All that shit does my head in.  As do the retards that gather outside the ground like clapping seals whenever we sign someone.

Totally agree, but the fact is supporters of others clubs have plenty of ammunition. I don't much like the geordie boot boys chant for that reason.

It pisses me off as most other fans think we're all thick as fuck due to everytime we sign some fucker Sky Sports is stood outside the ground with about 200 charva's all making a mockery of us all.

Take it easy Francis. Yes it's pretty cringeworthy, but at least it could be seen as marking us out as being a little more passionate than most. I'm certainly not bothered one bit what some Fulham or City supporter, thinks about us because of it.

We're not as popular as we like to think we are,after what I've read on forums and heard on National radio stations.

I talk to so many people who listen to that bloody talksport as a religion, yet so few of them seem to realise its a station designed just to wind people up. 90% of the presenters dont seem to have the first clue about football - or how to discuss it properly, they just go round and round having the same arguments and getting people to ring in by insulting thier club.

fucktards like them are responsable for a hell of alot of misconceptions about teams fans and the game in general.

I live in the Midlands, the majority of my mates are Villa, Albion and Wolves fans. Some seem to think we are a few more 'Luque signings' from being leeds. Others think that we have extremely shit trainin (this is due to our injury list).

However, i feel the general thought of us, is that the fans are always over optimistic. They admit that we have a good team but our board and coaching staff are just not good enough to win a trophy.

I like Newcastle as a club but its not a commonly held view here. I think a lot of angst comes from the way the club is presented in the media, which is a bit silly really. Sheperd constanlty embrassases himself with some rediculous statements (Didn't he claim Newcastle was the 8th biggest job in the world or something like that?), You seemed to get labled as bestest most loyal fans in the world and whatnot - "If any club deserves a trohpy, its them". I don't agree with a lt of the stuff that is said about the club but I don't see why I should that against John Q Geordie, it just makes me think whoever is on the telly/radio/paper/etc is a bit of a numpty.

Guest Gemmill

I like Newcastle as a club but its not a commonly held view here. I think a lot of angst comes from the way the club is presented in the media, which is a bit silly really. Sheperd constanlty embrassases himself with some rediculous statements (Didn't he claim Newcastle was the 8th biggest job in the world or something like that?), You seemed to get labled as bestest most loyal fans in the world and whatnot - "If any club deserves a trohpy, its them". I don't agree with a lt of the stuff that is said about the club but I don't see why I should that against John Q Geordie, it just makes me think whoever is on the telly/radio/paper/etc is a bit of a numpty.

That's what I was getting at when I said that I hoped that your average intelligent fan could see past what the likes of Adrian Durham tell them about Newcastle fans. 

The number of dickheads we have ringing in to phone-ins to tell everyone that we're the best fans in the world does us no favours tbh. I think the sensible, more open-minded of opposition fans will realise that these don't make up the majority of Newcastle fans though. At least I hope so. All that shit does my head in. As do the retards that gather outside the ground like clapping seals whenever we sign someone.

I think most fans would have "sympathy" with Newcastle fans, with the extraordinary lack of success for the money spent, and the quality of players you've had (I don't want to get into a "our net spend is actually about the same as Fulham's" style argument, but you can't argue with signings like Shearer or Owen being of the highest level).

However, the obssession with attendances / best fans in the world / we're a massive club thing is what annoys fans of other clubs. Yes, your support is pretty impressive, yes, we wish ours was that good, but it is done to death somewhat. Oh, and there is a general perception that NUFC are a Sky era club - fortunes improved as Sky started running the game, pretty much loved by Sky ever since.

I'd still say the general "like / dislike" balance is in your favour though, just not anywhere near as much as it used to be.

Guest TheDutchman

About our Footie club ?

About us (the fans) ?

About our stadium?

Thanx

Howaythelads

About our Footie club ?

About us (the fans) ?

About our stadium?

Thanx

Howaythelads

Dutch footballfans dont have special feelings for NUFC. Thats because no dutch players play for the Toon at the moment. And because the performances of toon army arent very well at the moment. This in contrast with Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. Because of the dutch players those clubs are very popular in my country.

The city of Newcastle is getting more and more popular in Holland. Thats because of the ferry between IJmuiden and Newcastle.

Supporters of clubs who recently played NUFC (NAC, Heerenveen) are lyric about the town, the people, the stadium and the club.

And in my country the Geordies are known for their resistance against cold weather.

He is called King Dawson as that is their central defence, Ledley King and Michael Dawson