Chris Riggott?

Guest Darth Toon

I'd take him over Steven 'im only in the team 'cos i'm a pretend geordie' Taylor.  He was good for Derby when he was younger.  The way our defence has improved over the past few games, it'll be nice to see how he could fit in, given a few sessions with Pearson.  And why wouldn't you take him?  Would you rather have Ramage and Huntungton in the team?  LOL.

Guest durhamsmoggy

I reckon he's a good player, underrated. Was linked with Liverpool last season wasn't he?

I think he's better than anyone you have currently got

Is the right answer.

I think we should aim a little higher than Riggott, he is an average centre back. I can't help but remember when we played boro a couple of seasons back at the Riverside and a very poor, weak through ball came straight to Riggott which he just had to touch to stop it dead and move possession up field.......... it went straight under his foot as he tried to control it and bellamy ran behind him to score, the word comical springs to mind :lol:

I think we should aim a little higher than Riggott, he is an average centre back. I can't help but remember when we played boro a couple of seasons back at the Riverside and a very poor, weak through ball came straight to Riggott which he just had to touch to stop it dead and move possession up field.......... it went straight under his foot as he tried to control it and bellamy ran behind him to score, the word comical springs to mind :lol:

Yeah, cos players who do that once in their career must never be looked at, they must be shot dead immediatly or sold to a non-league club.  Fuck me.  Tell me, Shearer was wank cos he missed a few penalties?  Or Ryan Giggs is wank for missing that open goal in the cup a few yr ago.

Yeah, cos players who do that once in their career must never be looked at, they must be shot dead immediatly or sold to a non-league club. Fuck me. Tell me, Shearer was wank cos he missed a few penalties? Or Ryan Giggs is wank for missing that open goal in the cup a few yr ago.

What the hell are you on about? i think you need to read my post with a little more care. Was i saying he was shit based on that one incident?NO was i even saying he was shit?NO are you a pillock?YES

Yeah, cos players who do that once in their career must never be looked at, they must be shot dead immediatly or sold to a non-league club. Fuck me. Tell me, Shearer was wank cos he missed a few penalties? Or Ryan Giggs is wank for missing that open goal in the cup a few yr ago.

What the hell are you on about? i think you need to read my post with a little more care. Was i saying he was shit based on that one incident?NO was i even saying he was shit?NO are you a pillock?YES

you implied that you don't want him cos he let the ball roll under his foot...are you a pillock for thinking that he's an average player? YES.

you implied that you don't want him cos he let the ball roll under his foot...are you a pillock for thinking that he's an average player? YES.

I didn't implie, you assumed.

Ok fair digs, but he aint average when fit and playing regularly.

I can't say I have overly analysed him to be fair but from what i have seen of him i don't think he is much better than what we already have at centre back and there is surely better options. Chelsea rejects yes, Boro rejects?

I can't say I have overly analysed him to be fair but from what i have seen of him i don't think he is much better than what we already have at centre back and there is surely better options. Chelsea rejects yes, Boro rejects?

hmmmm.  He had pontential, jus never really developed it like he should have done (Chopra, anyone?) but still, give him a month or two with wor Roedenator and Pearson, and who knows?  He may not be Fabbio Cannavaro, but for 2 million, your going to get someone who's better than what we currently have.

Nazza it was implied by presentation, ommision, implication or any other f***ing term.

Riggott is a protege of McLaren. As MacLaren has left and CR has been recovering from torn ankle ligaments he is, if fully fit, worth buying.

He is young but experienced at PL level.

He is needed as replacement for Moore who is going back to OZ in May/June.

We need cover at CB and although we have Bramble, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Moore as CB's 1 is a baby and 1 is away so a replacement NOW is sensible. Moore has missed a few games through injury and we are thin in the middle at CB as well as LB and RB (excepting Nobby).

Riggott was also part of a Smoggies team that rarely let in more than 1 and was difficult to break down defensively. If they want to put their faith in Jonathon (my sicknote is tattooed on my hamstring) Woodgate fine. I'd take Riggott at 4 million. English so overpriced.

I'd take him over Steven 'im only in the team 'cos i'm a pretend geordie' Taylor.  He was good for Derby when he was younger.  The way our defence has improved over the past few games, it'll be nice to see how he could fit in, given a few sessions with Pearson.  And why wouldn't you take him?  Would you rather have Ramage and Huntungton in the team?  LOL.

Aye Taylor's shit like! Woeful again yesterday  :roll:

Guest nufcandy

god yeh he was, and you can tell he hates playing for the club too, cant you?! what a bastard ;)

god yeh he was, and you can tell he hates playing for the club too, cant you?! what a bastard ;)

fuck me, sorry for not licking his balls cos he's a well hard geordie.  you only rate him because he plays for us and is from shit shields.

F*** me, sorry for not licking his balls cos he's a well hard geordie.  you only rate him because he plays for us and is from shit shields.

Aye thats it, isnt he actually from London technically anyway?

F*** me, sorry for not licking his balls cos he's a well hard geordie.  you only rate him because he plays for us and is from shit shields.

Aye thats it, isnt he actually from London technically anyway?

Yup.  Cockney twat!

:winking:

Nazza it was implied by presentation, ommision, implication or any other f***ing term.

Riggott is a protege of McLaren. As MacLaren has left and CR has been recovering from torn ankle ligaments he is, if fully fit, worth buying.

He is young but experienced at PL level.

He is needed as replacement for Moore who is going back to OZ in May/June.

We need cover at CB and although we have Bramble, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Moore as CB's 1 is a baby and 1 is away so a replacement NOW is sensible. Moore has missed a few games through injury and we are thin in the middle at CB as well as LB and RB (excepting Nobby).

Riggott was also part of a Smoggies team that rarely let in more than 1 and was difficult to break down defensively. If they want to put their faith in Jonathon (my sicknote is tattooed on my hamstring) Woodgate fine. I'd take Riggott at 4 million. English so overpriced.

stop trying to cause arguements. It was sorted out last night between me and morph.

If thats the kind of money we are spending on a CH I would hope that we would be getting a lot better in quality that what we have got. Even though I think Riggott is better than our players IMO he wouldn't be that much of an improvement.

He was good for Derby when he was younger.

:lol:

worst player i have ever seen at st. james' park when he played for Derby, was diabolical. will never forget him for that performance, couldn't believe it when 'boro signed him a few years later

If we can afford a good CB (full backs a must) I would much rather go for Robert Kovac or Wes Brown...Robert Kovac should not be too expensive and has great experience...I do believe we could get him for a quite low price...Not the youngest though..