Toon line up top targets

Guest smoggeordie

Gemmill, you didnt think that you had to do anything other than plan properly to get the transfer market right.

Errrr yeah, that's what I thought.  :roll:

Actually, I think you need to plan to give yourself a chance of being successful in the transfer window.  Obviously there are still things that can go wrong, but by planning you attempt to mitigate the risk of these events occuring.  We failed to plan and so we left ourselves wide open to the fuck ups that ensued.

Now stop playing Mr. Big Businessman ffs.  bluebigrazz.gif

how do you know they didn't, thats exactly what he is pointing out ?

And - what fuck ups are you talking about, you still aren't insisting we should have spent our big money on a defender instead of Martins I hope ? I'm sure Luque and Ameobi would have scored loads of goals  :lol:

Never mind Gem, we won't mention the fact the club knew they would be without Owen for all of the season so didn't bother planning to replace him and bought defenders instead ........

No Leazes, the argument you had about defenders instead of Martins was with Dan.  You see, you should try to remember who you have these disputes with instead of attributing every opinion you hear on here to whoever you're arguing with at that time.  You've tried it twice now with me in this thread - first a random reference to Bolton and now this wittering about Martins.  You really are a silly old man.

The fuck-ups I'm referring to are as follows:

- Scouting Kuyt all summer only for him to reveal on the last failed scouting trip in his post-match interview that he was all but signed for Liverpool.

- A failed bid for Huth as he was about to sit at his Press Conference at Boro

- A failed bid for Zat Knight, having realised that Roeder's number one target all summer had gone to Boro, despite having been freely available all transfer window

- A failed bid for Mark Viduka (embarrassingly enough this bid was actually turned down at Huth's press conference by Keith Lamb.  Oh dear.  At the time poor James Milner was already at Villa about to sign for them and we had to tell him to come home - seems we forgot to enquire as to Viduka's availability before we packed Milner off to Villa.  Planning.  Heard of it?)

- The aforementioned Milner debacle

- The signing of Bernard and the subsequent "I can't believe how skinny he is!" comments.  Didn't bother to meet with him before we signed him then Glenn?  Clever.  Planning.  Heard of it?

No doubt all of the above is fine and is just part of the rich fabric of the football world in your view.  You're still a joke btw.  :thup:

and tbh, i never said any of those things either.

not like leazes to put words in people's mouths is it?

:roll:

Guest Gemmill

Gemmill, you didnt think that you had to do anything other than plan properly to get the transfer market right.

Actually, I think you need to plan to give yourself a chance of being successful in the transfer window.  Obviously there are still things that can go wrong, but by planning you attempt to mitigate the risk of these events occuring.  We failed to plan and so we left ourselves wide open to the fuck ups that ensued.

And - what fuck ups are you talking about, you still aren't insisting we should have spent our big money on a defender instead of Martins I hope ? I'm sure Luque and Ameobi would have scored loads of goals  :lol:

Never mind Gem, we won't mention the fact the club knew they would be without Owen for all of the season so didn't bother planning to replace him and bought defenders instead ........

No Leazes, the argument you had about defenders instead of Martins was with Dan.  You see, you should try to remember who you have these disputes with instead of attributing every opinion you hear on here to whoever you're arguing with at that time.  You've tried it twice now with me in this thread - first a random reference to Bolton and now this wittering about Martins.  You really are a silly old man.

- Scouting Kuyt all summer only for him to reveal on the last failed scouting trip in his post-match interview that he was all but signed for Liverpool.

- A failed bid for Zat Knight, having realised that Roeder's number one target all summer had gone to Boro, despite having been freely available all transfer window

- A failed bid for Mark Viduka (embarrassingly enough this bid was actually turned down at Huth's press conference by Keith Lamb.  Oh dear.  At the time poor James Milner was already at Villa about to sign for them and we had to tell him to come home - seems we forgot to enquire as to Viduka's availability before we packed Milner off to Villa.  Planning.  Heard of it?)

- The signing of Bernard and the subsequent "I can't believe how skinny he is!" comments.  Didn't bother to meet with him before we signed him then Glenn?  Clever.  Planning.  Heard of it?

No doubt all of the above is fine and is just part of the rich fabric of the football world in your view.  You're still a joke btw.  :thup:

whos Leazes ?

Anyway, the difference about defenders and attackers isn't just with Dan, its also with others including you now  :lol:

As for kuyt, ,,.......err we got Duff, they got Kuyt, i hope Liverpool supporters aren't criticising their club for lack of planning to get Duff --you see Gem, not everyone gets their targets, as is pointed out, it is absolute naivety to suggest otherwise. Having qualified for europe more than any other club bar 4 over a span of a decade, this tells you most of our "plans" work out how we hope.

Most of the players currently playing for Newcastle United were brought in by managers who targetted them and wanted them, but you can carry on making things up if you want to continue being a joke - along with your daft chums - among people who know what they are talking about and don't have a "damned if they do damned if they don't" agenda, like you and your daft chums.

I don't remember anywhere saying Zat knight was Roeders first choice transfer target, but I do remember a lot of groundwork being laid for Martins. But as I said, keep making things up and I will continue laughing when you do.

The Milner "deal" was nothing, that is football. No doubt if we had continued allowing him to leave after the deal for Viduka had collapsed you would be slating the club for allowing him to complete the deal in view of the fact we had a small squad already.

The small squad which is due to the fact that we backed teh manager you said should be given a shitload of cash to build his own team, except I don't find that funny in the slightest.

The signing of Huth has been discussed. We correctly spent our money elsewhere. As has been pointed out by a few other people, where would we be without the goals of Martins and Sibierski ? And now Zoggy is injured, Duff will play more - not that expecting a young lad like Zoggy to play 50 games a season justified the purchase of an older more experienced player with his best years in front of him, which is of course "lack of planning"

Keep the cliches coming though.

You're an idiot and I'm not getting dragged into another argument with you because you're like someone's fucking decrepit old granny who's set in their ways and their views, no matter how stupid, and you'll never see sense.

Needless to say, most of the above post was a heap of shite.  :thup:

My cousins girlfriend operates the Newcastle United fax machine, and provided me with some info:

There is a list of players who have agreed to sign for the club on principal, but will only join as long as other players we have promised to buy also agree to sign. We have therefore faxed a list of phone numbers to all of these players so that they can ring each other up and confirm that they are signing for Newcastle.

My cousin has interrogated his girlfriend (who knows nothing about football - requirement of the job apparently) and discovered that the following players are on the list:

Raul

Klose

Shaun Wright Phillips

Joey Barton

Leighton Baines

Micah Richards

Zat Knight

Sylvain Distin

Juan Pablo Sorin

Miguel

No.

You didn't answer my point about Ridsdale - He got Leeds into the CL semi final, spent millions buying them more England Internationals than Fred has bought for us, all this while getting them millions in debt.

Did that make him a good chairman since he showed so much ambition?

whos Leazes ?

Anyway, the difference about defenders and attackers isn't just with Dan, its also with others including you now  :lol:

As for kuyt, ,,.......err we got Duff, they got Kuyt, i hope Liverpool supporters aren't criticising their club for lack of planning to get Duff --you see Gem, not everyone gets their targets, as is pointed out, it is absolute naivety to suggest otherwise. Having qualified for europe more than any other club bar 4 over a span of a decade, this tells you most of our "plans" work out how we hope.

Most of the players currently playing for Newcastle United were brought in by managers who targetted them and wanted them, but you can carry on making things up if you want to continue being a joke - along with your daft chums - among people who know what they are talking about and don't have a "damned if they do damned if they don't" agenda, like you and your daft chums.

I don't remember anywhere saying Zat knight was Roeders first choice transfer target, but I do remember a lot of groundwork being laid for Martins. But as I said, keep making things up and I will continue laughing when you do.

The Milner "deal" was nothing, that is football. No doubt if we had continued allowing him to leave after the deal for Viduka had collapsed you would be slating the club for allowing him to complete the deal in view of the fact we had a small squad already.

The small squad which is due to the fact that we backed teh manager you said should be given a shitload of cash to build his own team, except I don't find that funny in the slightest.

The signing of Huth has been discussed. We correctly spent our money elsewhere. As has been pointed out by a few other people, where would we be without the goals of Martins and Sibierski ? And now Zoggy is injured, Duff will play more - not that expecting a young lad like Zoggy to play 50 games a season justified the purchase of an older more experienced player with his best years in front of him, which is of course "lack of planning"

Keep the cliches coming though.

You're an idiot and I'm not getting dragged into another argument with you because you're like someone's fucking decrepit old granny who's set in their ways and their views, no matter how stupid, and you'll never see sense.

Needless to say, most of the above post was a heap of shite.  :thup:

most of what I posted is fact. Like I said, keep making things up, while no doubt your chums will agree with you, being just as daft.

The signing of Huth has been discussed. We correctly spent our money elsewhere. As has been pointed out by a few other people, where would we be without the goals of Martins and Sibierski ?

We were chasing Huth AFTER we had already bought Martins and Duff, Sibierski was free so how did we correctly spend our money elsewhere?

Coming from someone who thought we signed Owen when we were in Europe it's easy to see how you got so confused.

leazesmag aka ne5 aka double wanker likes to accuse people he's ranting at that they said things they didn't in a rather feeble attempt to justify his cretinous views.

more intelligent than your usual drivel tbh

My cousins girlfriend operates the Newcastle United fax machine, and provided me with some info:

There is a list of players who have agreed to sign for the club on principal, but will only join as long as other players we have promised to buy also agree to sign. We have therefore faxed a list of phone numbers to all of these players so that they can ring each other up and confirm that they are signing for Newcastle.

My cousin has interrogated his girlfriend (who knows nothing about football - requirement of the job apparently) and discovered that the following players are on the list:

Raul

Klose

Shaun Wright Phillips

Joey Barton

Leighton Baines

Micah Richards

Zat Knight

Sylvain Distin

Juan Pablo Sorin

Miguel

No.

You are right, no.

Imagine it though:

(Phone rings)

Hello?

ello, is zis Zat?

is this what?

No, excuse my eenglish, I am from Barcelona. You are Zat Kneeght from Ful-Hamm?

Yes. Who's speaking like?

Zis is Raul.

From Real Madrid. Or you said Barcelona?

Zat was an Eenglish joke, I watch Fawlty Towers to eemprove my Eeenglish.

Dont call me a joke.

Haha funny eenglishman. You are signing for Newcastle no?

Yes.

That is good, they told me you were, but i just wanted to check zese things before I signs the paper. See you in january.

leazesmag aka ne5 aka double wanker likes to accuse people he's ranting at that they said things they didn't in a rather feeble attempt to justify his cretinous views.

Ranting ?

Correcting you, when you spout rubbish, especially when you think the chairman is the manager, as you do on countless occasions.

:lol:

more intelligent than your usual drivel tbh

I still think he is a quality player, Leazes, despite him being utterly dismal for us to present. I just think spending a third of the eventual budget on left-wing was daft. N'Zogbia, though young, had a breakthrough season last year, even under Souness, leading to the likes of Arsenal being linked with his signing. I don't think we needed to upset that progression with a third of our spending power.

I think we bought him because he was cheap, not because we needed him. That £5m would have been better spent on the defence.

You disagree I know, so I won't argue.

I don't think we needed Duff, tbh. I think I said so at the time, but maybe not. Perhaps someone will check for me.

While not too disappointed that Duff came in, the only reason he's not a crap buy is the fee being relatively small.

I'd rather we'd signed another centre forward given the injury to Owen, tbh. Ameobi is crap and Luque is a waste of space, that left us with just Martins and Sibierski, so we really needed 3 strikers, not just two. IMO.

You didn't answer my point about Ridsdale - He got Leeds into the CL semi final, spent millions buying them more England Internationals than Fred has bought for us, all this while getting them millions in debt.

Did that make him a good chairman since he showed so much ambition?

I don't believe I have ever said that. What is that you said about putting words into peoples mouths ?

While you are here, there are a few people who are saying we should spend megabuck - not including me though - that you can direct that question to, one or two of them are your chums from toontastic .

I don't suppose you will believe me that pre-1992 the club almost folded through 30 years of not showing ambition and selling our best players ? You should think about that.

I still think he is a quality player, Leazes, despite him being utterly dismal for us to present. I just think spending a third of the eventual budget on left-wing was daft. N'Zogbia, though young, had a breakthrough season last year, even under Souness, leading to the likes of Arsenal being linked with his signing. I don't think we needed to upset that progression with a third of our spending power.

I think we bought him because he was cheap, not because we needed him. That £5m would have been better spent on the defence.

You disagree I know, so I won't argue.

I don't think we needed Duff, tbh. I think I said so at the time, but maybe not. Perhaps someone will check for me.

While not too disappointed that Duff came in, the only reason he's not a crap buy is the fee being relatively small.

I'd rather we'd signed another centre forward given the injury to Owen, tbh. Ameobi is crap and Luque is a waste of space, that left us with just Martins and Sibierski, so we really needed 3 strikers, not just two. IMO.

I am happy with Duff - if he regains the quality he showed when he was at Blackburn - but if we had spent the money elsewhere I would far rather have spent it on an out and out forward than a defender.

Actually, I think you need to plan to give yourself a chance of being successful in the transfer window.  Obviously there are still things that can go wrong, but by planning you attempt to mitigate the risk of these events occuring.  We failed to plan and so we left ourselves wide open to the F*** ups that ensued.

How many back up plans would you need to ensure you never fucked up? So, just in case we dont get Huth, we'll go for Campbell and just in case we dont get him we'll go for Knight, then Woodgate, then ... ad infinitum untill you've been through every single f***ing permutation?

Players were clearly available though! Huth nearly joined the smogs earlier in the window but that fell through due to a medical, why didnt we go for him then?

Im sorry, I agree there is bad luck and good luck involved sometimes but when there are players clearly available and we don't manage to sign one and fail with last minutes bids this all points to bad planning.

Can't read the posts that are being made? You may want to ignore those of myself and NE5 out of some immature motivation, but there are other people here making some sound and very logical comments and you're ignoring those too.

It's nowt to do with bad planning.

Guest thompers

:lol: Nowt to do with bad planning. And freddy still wears childrens sized clothes?

It's ok having views, but either call a spade a spade or fuck off imo.

How many back up plans would you need to ensure you never fucked up? So, just in case we dont get Huth, we'll go for Campbell and just in case we dont get him we'll go for Knight, then Woodgate, then ... ad infinitum untill you've been through every single fucking permutation?

Just the one plan would have done like.  I probably would have implemented it some time around when it was splashed all over the press that Boro were on the verge of signing Huth, maybe before.  I doubt I would have waited much longer than that.  I assume that if your company was planning one of its deals and it got wind that a competitor was moving in on the target, that you would up your game?  Or would you wait until an hour before they went to the stock exchange with it to make your move?

You can up your game as much as you want but if your competitor makes a better offer then thats that mate. All i am saying is that like the Owen deal, this is a game where you CAN NOT plan for every eventuality and you need to ride your luck and last summer we clearly were in a shit position from the off. After the Owen injury the club did not pursue a defender but got an attacker. As my assumption is that we could afford one or the other, we made the right choice in spending it on an attacker and not a defender. That meant a shite situation defensively but is, in hindsight, what i would have done too. Or would you rather swap Marting for Huth and Knight? :lol:

Kuyt - didnt choose us, comp made a better offer.

Huth - shite and doing shite and failed a medical (my big business wouldnt have even looked at that deal, risks are far too high)

Knight - Rhymes with ?

The Bridge, Viduka, Milner fuck up - Aye, thats when the cards didnt land right, i agree there.

Bernard - will give you that one.

Duff, Martins and Sib did help me get over those 5 enormous disappointments

Actually, I think you need to plan to give yourself a chance of being successful in the transfer window.  Obviously there are still things that can go wrong, but by planning you attempt to mitigate the risk of these events occuring.  We failed to plan and so we left ourselves wide open to the F*** ups that ensued.

How many back up plans would you need to ensure you never fucked up? So, just in case we dont get Huth, we'll go for Campbell and just in case we dont get him we'll go for Knight, then Woodgate, then ... ad infinitum untill you've been through every single f***ing permutation?

Players were clearly available though! Huth nearly joined the smogs earlier in the window but that fell through due to a medical, why didnt we go for him then?

Im sorry, I agree there is bad luck and good luck involved sometimes but when there are players clearly available and we don't manage to sign one and fail with last minutes bids this all points to bad planning.

Can't read the posts that are being made? You may want to ignore those of myself and NE5 out of some immature motivation, but there are other people here making some sound and very logical comments and you're ignoring those too.

In other words the only people who aren't "idiots" are the ones who agree with you?

I have nothing left to say on the matter, I have said all I have to say and unlike yourself and your "chum" NE5 repeating myself again and again and again and again gives me no cheap frills.

Not bad planning  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thup:

Oh and by the way my mummy didn't tuck me up last night, yours did  :thup: *

* Childish insult, know you like those.

In other words the only people who aren't "idiots" are the ones who agree with you?

I have nothing left to say on the matter, I have said all I have to say and unlike yourself and your "chum" NE5 repeating myself again and again and again and again gives me no cheap frills.

Not bad planning  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thup:

Oh and by the way my mummy didn't tuck me up last night, yours did  :thup: *

* Childish insult, know you like those.

Daft lad.

How many back up plans would you need to ensure you never fucked up? So, just in case we dont get Huth, we'll go for Campbell and just in case we dont get him we'll go for Knight, then Woodgate, then ... ad infinitum untill you've been through every single fucking permutation?

Just the one plan would have done like.  I probably would have implemented it some time around when it was splashed all over the press that Boro were on the verge of signing Huth, maybe before.  I doubt I would have waited much longer than that.  I assume that if your company was planning one of its deals and it got wind that a competitor was moving in on the target, that you would up your game?  Or would you wait until an hour before they went to the stock exchange with it to make your move?

You can up your game as much as you want but if your competitor makes a better offer then thats that mate. All i am saying is that like the Owen deal, this is a game where you CAN NOT plan for every eventuality and you need to ride your luck and last summer we clearly were in a shit position from the off. After the Owen injury the club did not pursue a defender but got an attacker. As my assumption is that we could afford one or the other, we made the right choice in spending it on an attacker and not a defender. That meant a shite situation defensively but is, in hindsight, what i would have done too. Or would you rather swap Marting for Huth and Knight? :lol:

Huth - shite and doing shite and failed a medical (my big business wouldnt have even looked at that deal, risks are far too high)

Knight - Rhymes with ?

The Bridge, Viduka, Milner fuck up - Aye, thats when the cards didnt land right, i agree there.

you're pissing in the wind here mate. Sadly there are people who think - in true championship manager style - that all we have to do is pick a player, and he will sign, but if he signs for someone else, its "bad planning" - the cliche of the moment.

I have asked a question earlier, which is open to anyone - list the players on Newcastles books currently in the first team squad that were not targetted and wanted by the manager, because the vast majority of our current players are exactly that ie targetted, wanted and "planned". So far, despite idiots saying we don't "plan" ANY signings, NOBODY has replied with names and the reasons behind these signings.   

Sadly also, is that the "damned if they do damned if they don't" brigade, like Gemmill, know full well that if the club had bought 2 defenders with that 10m quid they would now be saying the club should have bought a striker having lost Shearer, Bellamy and Owen.

If not for Martins and Sibierski we would be in the bottom 3 and nailed on relegation certs, whatever the quality of our defenders. That is still a danger if one of them is injured.

Still, Gemma is intelligent you know ......   :lol:

Lets cram the team with defenders eh ! Which would then be the nailed on, guaranteed succesful "plan"

Knight - Rhymes with ?

you're pissing in the wind here mate. Sadly there are people who think - in true championship manager style - that all we have to do is pick a player, and he will sign, but if he signs for someone else, its "bad planning" - the cliche of the moment.

I have asked a question earlier, which is open to anyone - list the players on Newcastles books currently in the first team squad that were not targetted and wanted by the manager, because the vast majority of our current players are exactly that. So far, despite idiots saying we don't "plan" ANY signings, NOBODY has replied with names and the reasons behind these signings.   

Not everyone wants to come here for a start. Its a tricky business and you can 'plan' all you like but nothing guarantees success on or off the field. Add in the shitheads who call themselves agents and then attracting the best talent becomes a fucking lottery. I think we could have done better but am pleased that we prioritised the most important position. Unfortunately it came at the expense of the second most important.

if the club had bought 2 defenders with that 10m quid they would now be saying the club should have bought a striker having lost Shearer, Bellamy and Owen.

If not for Martins and Sibierski we would be in the bottom 3 and nailed on relegation certs, whatever the quality of our defenders. That is still a danger if one of them is injured.

Couldnt agree more with that. Not a popular stance but there you go. Cant say there werent mistakes and bad decisions but i'd rather have martins and sib than huth and knight.