Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Newcastle United - 02/02/19 - post match p12...

Disco

Sorry if this is not a popular opinion but i was at the game and from where I was standing, I thought we were shite. The only reason it wasn't 4 or 5 was completely down to Spurs and sweet fa to do with us.

Realistically, they should have been 3 nowt up at half time and if Perez had missed that header in the same way Moura did, we'd be round his house burning him at the stake. I was as gutted as anyone having got to 80 odd minutes without them scoring and even more sickening that is was a mistake but that is the risk you take if you say to a team like that 'here, have the ball, see if you can score'. They should have been well out of site before then and some of that goalmouth scrambling in the second half resembled the kind of comical stuff you'd expect to see if Hartlepool were playing in the Champion League. Awful.

We created one reasonable chance in the whole  match so maybe I can say '1' for us but christ, the scoreline flattered us completely and this could have been an absolute battering.

I'm not trying to put a dampener on things as overall its been a canny week and maybe it's because they took so long to score and but I'm genuinely bewildered at how some people think we deserved a point.

We deserved a point because it took them so long to score. That's kinda what people mean. At 0-0, take away the keeper error, it stays 0-0, ergo we get a point.

It's hardly an issue that the 3rd best team in the league was better than us. We kinda already know they are?

Its amazing how the best teams just play crap against us and we're shit and lucky not to concede, you wouldn't guess that's there's 2 teams in the game and they both have an effect on how the game progresses. Now I'm not saying we're any great shakes but we know how to limit good teams, we make them look bad and limit them to half chances, then we try and score with the 1 or 2 that we get, it worked against City, not against Spurs.

There is a gulf in class and respectively we didn't play well but relatively we did, as everyone has said, the score was probably right but it's still a gut punch that we didn't get the draw after all that hard work they put in.

Sorry if this is not a popular opinion but i was at the game and from where I was standing, I thought we were shite. The only reason it wasn't 4 or 5 was completely down to Spurs and sweet fa to do with us.

Realistically, they should have been 3 nowt up at half time and if Perez had missed that header in the same way Moura did, we'd be round his house burning him at the stake. I was as gutted as anyone having got to 80 odd minutes without them scoring and even more sickening that is was a mistake but that is the risk you take if you say to a team like that 'here, have the ball, see if you can score'. They should have been well out of site before then and some of that goalmouth scrambling in the second half resembled the kind of comical stuff you'd expect to see if Hartlepool were playing in the Champion League. Awful.

We created one reasonable chance in the whole  match so maybe I can say '1' for us but christ, the scoreline flattered us completely and this could have been an absolute battering.

I'm not trying to put a dampener on things as overall its been a canny week and maybe it's because they took so long to score and but I'm genuinely bewildered at how some people think we deserved a point.

We deserved a point because it took them so long to score. That's kinda what people mean. At 0-0, take away the keeper error, it stays 0-0, ergo we get a point.

It's hardly an issue that the 3rd best team in the league was better than us. We kinda already know they are?

Its amazing how the best teams just play crap against us and we're shit and lucky not to concede, you wouldn't guess that's there's 2 teams in the game and they both have an effect on how the game progresses. Now I'm not saying we're any great shakes but we know how to limit good teams, we make them look bad and limit them to half chances, then we try and score with the 1 or 2 that we get, it worked against City, not against Spurs.

There is a gulf in class and respectively we didn't play well but relatively we did, as everyone has said, the score was probably right but it's still a gut punch that we didn't get the draw after all that hard work they put in.

:thup: