Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 Newcastle United - 02/02/19 - post match p12...

Disco

Thought we were good today and on another day we get a point out of this. Enjoyed it even though we got nothing out of it. Some really good signs we're getting there and hopefully with our additions we can break a few teams down as we go on through the season.

Rafa got it spot on today as well.

Thought we were good today and on another day we get a point out of this. Enjoyed it even though we got nothing out of it. Some really good signs we're getting there and hopefully with our additions we can break a few teams down as we go on through the season.

*Richard Keys does not agree with this post*

*Richard Keys does not agree with this post*

**crumpy/away toon

yup. sums it up for me. no wrist-slashing tonight.

Agreed, thoughout the game I was thinking that if we got a chance we might take. In all honesty though Sours did eventually score and did miss a few sitters, I thought we dealt with them quite well and we were very much in a game. It was a game of old when I felt we were really competing, maybe it’s just the positive thoughts from Tuesday, but I honestly felt like we could turn the game and give them a real challenge.

If we play like that against most of the league, then we’ll quickly start picking up wins.

Despite the result, I enjoyed today. I think everyone gave their all, Atsu has got some critisicim today, but in all honesty I think he tried well and did reasonably well. Rondon was a handful, and I even thought Perez was one of our better players, if not our best player on the pitch.

There is a lot of positives to take from the game, and as I say, keep playing like that and the wins will follow.

Thought we were pretty comfortable and to lose it like that was a right kick in the pips.That  Cardiff win has pulled us back in , thank god we beat citeh .

We deserved a draw.

Agreed, thoughout the game I was thinking that if we got a chance we might take. In all honesty though Sours did eventually score and did miss a few sitters, I thought we dealt with them quite well and we were very much in a game. It was a game of old when I felt we were really competing, maybe it’s just the positive thoughts from Tuesday, but I honestly felt like we could turn the game and give them a real challenge.

If we play like that against most of the league, then we’ll quickly start picking up wins.

Despite the result, I enjoyed today. I think everyone gave their all, Atsu has got some critisicim today, but in all honesty I think he tried well and did reasonably well. Rondon was a handful, and I even thought Oerrz was one of our better players, if not our best player on the pitch.

There is a lot of positives to take from the game, and as I say, keep playing like that and the wins will follow.

Thought that was Perez's best game in ages. That control and turn in the middle was way above his pay-grade. I'd say he was our best player as well.

Atsu was the weak link for me, but considering the role he's playing is not his you've got to give him credit. Almiron slotting in there is going to be interesting.

I'm also glad Barreca got some (limited) game time. Hopefully its not one of those moves we make where the player isn't seen again. I think he's got a part to play this season and hopefully plays himself in to a permanent move here. Monaco should really be challenging for the title, therefore scrap what's happened this season a potentially title challenging Champions League playing team have seen something in him.

This formation really brings the best out in Perez and he's taken his opportunity well. With Almiron next to him we've hopefully got that attacking intent we've needed for so long to take those opportunities that the solid organisation at the back will present, could have done with a bit of creativity in midfield to link the two up but with those sublime passes from Schar we'll be ok and when Ki comes back into the team then we've got a functioning first 11. If all can stay fit to the end of the season we'll be looking up rather than down. Still way short of the squad depth we need though.

Never lost faith in Perez but as showed last season he picks up a level when players around him are performing. Having Longstaff, Atsu and Rondon around him are really helping him and with Almiron coming in soon we could soon rediscover peak Perez

Never lost faith in Perez but as showed last season he picks up a level when players around him are performing. Having Longstaff, Atsu and Rondon around him are really helping him and with Almiron coming in soon we could soon rediscover peak Perez

Maybe Almiron has made Perez up his game, he was terrific yesterday mind  ;)

Maybe Almiron has made Perez up his game, he was terrific yesterday mind  ;)

i didn't see yesterday properly due to being at work but it seemed like perez wasn't as isolated as he's been until recently...he's shite when he's up away from the rest of the team but when they manage to get in and around him consistently i think he's got a lot to offer myself

almiron could be huge, as we all know

When Atsu gets the ball deep he makes a decent run forward and plays it up field; almiron will carry it at pace into space and what it’s going to do is let our other guys get forward as well. He’d also do the same and carry And play it forward to the CF who’d then lay off back to him into space as Miguel is a very keen pass and move type of attacker. It’s going to be exciting if he and Rondon and Perez can get some really good chemistry going. Transforms us.

When Atsu gets the ball deep he makes a decent run forward and plays it up field; almiron will carry it at pace into space and what it’s going to do is let our other guys get forward as well. He’d also do the same and carry And play it forward to the CF who’d then lay off back to him into space as Miguel is a very keen pass and move type of attacker. It’s going to be exciting if he and Rondon and Perez can get some really good chemistry going. Transforms us.

How is Almiron at delivering a final ball/pass when trying to break down a defence that's playing slightly deeper than say Wolves will next Monday? I think he'll need to in that huge double header against Huddersfield and Burnley and haven't seen many clips of him doing that.

Sorry if this is not a popular opinion but i was at the game and from where I was standing, I thought we were shite. The only reason it wasn't 4 or 5 was completely down to Spurs and sweet fa to do with us.

Realistically, they should have been 3 nowt up at half time and if Perez had missed that header in the same way Moura did, we'd be round his house burning him at the stake. I was as gutted as anyone having got to 80 odd minutes without them scoring and even more sickening that is was a mistake but that is the risk you take if you say to a team like that 'here, have the ball, see if you can score'. They should have been well out of site before then and some of that goalmouth scrambling in the second half resembled the kind of comical stuff you'd expect to see if Hartlepool were playing in the Champion League. Awful.

We created one reasonable chance in the whole  match so maybe I can say '1' for us but christ, the scoreline flattered us completely and this could have been an absolute battering.

I'm not trying to put a dampener on things as overall its been a canny week and maybe it's because they took so long to score and but I'm genuinely bewildered at how some people think we deserved a point.

Sorry if this is not a popular opinion but i was at the game and from where I was standing, I thought we were shite. The only reason it wasn't 4 or 5 was completely down to Spurs and sweet fa to do with us.

Realistically, they should have been 3 nowt up at half time and if Perez had missed that header in the same way Moura did, we'd be round his house burning him at the stake. I was as gutted as anyone having got to 80 odd minutes without them scoring and even more sickening that is was a mistake but that is the risk you take if you say to a team like that 'here, have the ball, see if you can score'. They should have been well out of site before then and some of that goalmouth scrambling in the second half resembled the kind of comical stuff you'd expect to see if Hartlepool were playing in the Champion League. Awful.

We created one reasonable chance in the whole  match so maybe I can say '1' for us but christ, the scoreline flattered us completely and this could have been an absolute battering.

I'm not trying to put a dampener on things as overall its been a canny week and maybe it's because they took so long to score and but I'm genuinely bewildered at how some people think we deserved a point.

We deserved a point because it took them so long to score. That's kinda what people mean. At 0-0, take away the keeper error, it stays 0-0, ergo we get a point.

It's hardly an issue that the 3rd best team in the league was better than us. We kinda already know they are?

What’s going on with their attendance? 10,000 empty seats today (on top of the ones they aren’t allowed to fill), less than 30k there in their last home game. Seems very odd to me.

Spurs fan responded to this on twitter to say they're boycotting!

Said it's to do with being messed around over the new stadium, a big hike in ticket prices and dissatisfaction with Levy.

I thought we played really well and deserved a point.

I also thought Lejeune was poor for their goal, charged over and sold himself leaving a massive space for Son to have a shot.

In Dubravkas defence I also think Lascelles going to block it put him off a bit as well.

What’s going on with their attendance? 10,000 empty seats today (on top of the ones they aren’t allowed to fill), less than 30k there in their last home game. Seems very odd to me.

Said it's to do with being messed around over the new stadium, a big hike in ticket prices and dissatisfaction with Levy.

Surprised at that

How is Almiron at delivering a final ball/pass when trying to break down a defence that's playing slightly deeper than say Wolves will next Monday? I think he'll need to in that huge double header against Huddersfield and Burnley and haven't seen many clips of him doing that.

He's got quite a good cross from what I saw and good vision to unlock defenses. He's certainly got that in his pocket, his highlight reel stuff is generally the lung bursting runs from deep.

Surprised at that

Surely that's bollocks, whatever's going on they're sitting pretty in the league and as we know all too well the idea of a boycott in general doesn't often happen.