The Same Type of Player

Stal

The important thing to remember is you must NEVER compare a black player to a white player and vice-versa. Protocol does not and will never allow this.

In a similar vein to this, remember reading on here years ago someone saying sissoko had "all the attributes" to be our yaya toure.

He literally had none.

Interesting question, because part of the fascination of football is that every player brings their own unique package, which becomes more and more apparent the more you see of them.

Hansen and Stones is a good call.

Andy Carroll and Duncan Ferguson, I'd say.

On the opposite tack, the player who I'd say was most unique, the most difficult to compare with others, was Cruyff.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll probably think of more later, but off the top of my head:

Beardsley - Arshavin

Rob Lee - Lampard

Ruel Fox - Shaun Wright Phillips

Giggs - Sané

Shearer - Kane

Sheringham - Ashton

When Müller used to score goals I always thought of him as a goalscoring Milner as well.

Guest firetotheworks

Pablo Aimar and Juan Roman Riquelme.

Aimar played further forward didn't he? In more of an Ortega or Rui Costa role and style? Always thought of Riquelme as more in Xavi's style.

Pablo Aimar and Juan Roman Riquelme.

Aimar played further forward didn't he? In more of an Ortega or Rui Costa role and style? Always thought of Riquelme as more in Xavi's style.

For most of his career Riquelme was number 10. Only later did he become a deep lying playmaker, a role he was great at too, dictating the tempo of games similarly to Pirlo. He and Aimar, however, had a very similar playmaker style in terms of assisting, flair, dribbling out of ridiculous situations, and being two of the last breed of true number 10s, otherwise known in England as luxury players. Both superbly talented, the type you would pay your money to watch.

Guest neesy111

Riquelme's career reminds of Ben Arfa's a little.  Could had been one of the very best with his talent, but off the field issues etc prevented him from being so.