Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest godzilla

I think it's clear that Sean is either a kid or is a WUM. If he wants to learn about NUFC accounts he should look at Chris Holts stuff on Twitter.

Yes Mike Ashley has had free advertising but hes lost a lot of money with NUFC, most of it because of his own mismanagement.

You're a WUM.

How has he not made money owning us? Go on tell us all.

If he loans us money, we owe it him back. He's been getting advertising (around £8 million a year) free, taking profit from sales of merchandise.

If he ever wants to sell us, he'll make a hefty profit.

But no he's not made a penny. Poor Mike eh.  :lol:

Well show me where you get these factual figures from I have asked several times. The accounts, which are the official record of NUFC show that over the 12 year period he has been owner of the club he has lost a substantial amount. As for making a hefty profit if he sells that's the one point I do agree on and it's the only way he will make a hefty profit also, which was the original point I was making.

For those that look at the page count as a sign whether anything has happened 50 pages of biscuit choices is going to be a disappointment.

It takes the biscuit like.

Ahh f*** this I'm gonna me eat some Mini Rolls (Jaffa cake)

What's up with Jaffa Cakes these days. Has the UK gone off them?

They're constantly on sale. I got a triple pack in Tesco the other day for £1.25. Last night I picked up a double pack in ASDA for 50P. I can't get enough of the stuff. I can easily eat 18 Jaffa Cakes with my morning cuppa.

Is you Mike Ashley?

Jaffa Cakes are England's best creation -- there are two Brit stores near where I live that sell imported stuff, and Jaffa Cakes are either constantly sold out or on back order.

Get yourself to ASDA.

Fill a suitcase with 50P Jaffa Cakes.

? ? ? ?

Profit.

You'd have to pay for re-packaging. Would probably lose money. Unless you sell them at a car-boot sale, just in the cellophane packing.

Or do the question marks suggest you shoplift the Jaffas? If so it doesn't matter where you go.

I think it's clear that Sean is either a kid or is a WUM. If he wants to learn about NUFC accounts he should look at Chris Holts stuff on Twitter.

Yes Mike Ashley has had free advertising but hes lost a lot of money with NUFC, most of it because of his own mismanagement.

You're a WUM.

If he loans us money, we owe it him back. He's been getting advertising (around £8 million a year) free, taking profit from sales of merchandise.

Well show me where you get these factual figures from I have asked several times. The accounts, which are the official record of NUFC show that over the 12 year period he has been owner of the club he has lost a substantial amount. As for making a hefty profit if he sells that's the one point I do agree on and it's the only way he will make a hefty profit also, which was the original point I was making.

There's definitely a bit of over-simplification in there. Sports Direct has undoubtedly benefitted from its association with the club and therefore, Ashley has as well.

What would be the cost of advertising at the stadium to the level he has? £25m per season?  Any loss that might show on the balance sheet has been recouped, probably  many times over, whether directly or indirectly.

Presumably the club shop revenue would have to be specified on the balance sheet, but would how much of that is siphoned off to SD have to be declared?

They're constantly on sale. I got a triple pack in Tesco the other day for £1.25. Last night I picked up a double pack in ASDA for 50P. I can't get enough of the stuff. I can easily eat 18 Jaffa Cakes with my morning cuppa.

Is you Mike Ashley?

Jaffa Cakes are England's best creation -- there are two Brit stores near where I live that sell imported stuff, and Jaffa Cakes are either constantly sold out or on back order.

Get yourself to ASDA.

? ? ? ?

Profit.

You'd have to pay for re-packaging. Would probably lose money. Unless you sell them at a car-boot sale, just in the cellophane packing.

Or do the question marks suggest you shoplift the Jaffas? If so it doesn't matter where you go.

There'd be no need to re-package. You'd sell them by the box load, door to door to those waiting for the store to be restocked.

How much is a box going for these days DJ_NUFC? I know you'd have to factor in petrol but you're still looking at a hefty profit.

Is you Mike Ashley?

Get yourself to ASDA.

? ? ? ?

Profit.

There'd be no need to re-package. You'd sell them by the box load, door to door to those waiting for the store to be restocked.

How much is a box going for these days DJ_NUFC? I know you'd have to factor in petrol but you're still looking at a hefty profit.

Nah. At best you'd cover the cost of your own consumption.

You're a WUM.

There's definitely a bit of over-simplification in there. Sports Direct has undoubtedly benefitted from its association with the club and therefore, Ashley has as well.

What would be the cost of advertising at the stadium to the level he has? £25m per season?  Any loss that might show on the balance sheet has been recouped, probably  many times over, whether directly or indirectly.

Presumably the club shop revenue would have to be specified on the balance sheet, but would how much of that is siphoned off to SD have to be declared?

NUFC purchase merchandise through SD to sell as SD get it at a better rate. SD then get a percentage of merchandising profits.

People claiming Ashley doesn’t benefit? FFS.

Is you Mike Ashley?

Get yourself to ASDA.

? ? ? ?

Profit.

Not if you're buying them for 50P over here and selling them for over $5 across there. How much does it cost a to fill a Toyota Prius? Like $40? That's all you'd need.

Is you Mike Ashley?

Get yourself to ASDA.

? ? ? ?

Profit.

Not if you're buying them for 50P over here and selling them for over $5 across there. How much does it cost a to fill a Toyota Prius? Like $40? That's all you'd need.

How big is this suitcase?

Guest godzilla

You're a WUM.

We don't know what the figures are so it's all speculation and assumption until I presume the next accounts when this advertisement will be shown as per forum minutes which stated a fee was being paid (not be anywhere near £25 million mind and especially for a company like Sports Direct).

The point I was replying to is that someone said he would never sell due to him make annual profits and this is just not the case and for anyone stating it is the case, then please show where this factual information is coming from to support it.

Is you Mike Ashley?

Get yourself to ASDA.

? ? ? ?

Profit.

How big is this suitcase?

Big enough that it's classed as checked luggage.

You'd also then be able to fill your carry on luggage with Jaffa Cakes as well.

Guest godzilla

You're a WUM.

NUFC purchase merchandise through SD to sell as SD get it at a better rate. SD then get a percentage of merchandising profits.

Nobody said he doesn't but can you say to what amount he does benefit?

You're a WUM.

Nobody said he doesn't but can you say to what amount he does benefit?

Ignoring advertising and marketing? Probably. Including it, pretty much impossible.