Freddy Eastwood or Dave Nugent

Guest nufc 4 life
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nufc 4 life

Both similar players but Nugent seems to have been doing it longer and Eastwood has had a £5m price tag stuck on his head.

They want £6m for Nugent

how do you know? not accusing you just interested lol

Both similar players but Nugent seems to have been doing it longer and Eastwood has had a £5m price tag stuck on his head.

They want £6m for Nugent

meh  bluebiggrin.gif

Manu want £6m for Alan Smith.

Tempted anyone?

They want £6m for Nugent

meh  bluebiggrin.gif

Manu want £6m for Alan Smith.

Tempted anyone?

Smith has always been a funny one for me, never sure whether he would be good or not. Not a great goalscorer but can hold the ball up and is a talented footballer.

Can't claim to be a big fan of either player. I don't rate Nugent at all - his record is nothing special and whenever he plays for the U21s he never really looks like getting a goal. Eastwood to me looks to be a better player in almost every sense bar athletism - I thought he was really good in terms of touch against Manure but I don't think he has enough ability to cope with the difference in size, strength, pace, etc. I also heard he's a gypsy...? Not sure how that would affect a big move.

I agree with that about Nugent, playing for the under 21's they seem to use him as the carthorse player, where they have him knock it down for Milner, Bent, Routledge etc. If he was bought to do a similar job to that I be pleased, but i'm sure he'd be bought as a goalscorer and tbh his record isn't great.

I'd rather go for Marlon King at Watford.

Guest nufc 4 life

I like the look of Estwood but I bet he will end up at Man Ure,

lifelong Man Ure fan aint he?

Nugent is a top player aso but can't see us paying the big fee that will be asked.

Is 5 mil a big fee and i doubt man u would go for Eastwood they don't exactly need him, but he is a lifelong fan

wtf

:lol:

Eastwood scores a free-kick against Man Utd and he becomes Romario.  Even Derby preferred Steve Howard to Eastwood up front and they siad Eastwood was worth no more than 1 mil.  And he isn't exactly setting the league alight is he?

Guest nufc 4 life

wtf

Eastwood scores a free-kick against Man Utd and he becomes Romario. Even Derby preferred Steve Howard to Eastwood up front and they siad Eastwood was worth no more than 1 mil. And he isn't exactly setting the league alight is he?

didnt you look at the first couple of pages and the stats on wikipedia

wtf

Eastwood scores a free-kick against Man Utd and he becomes Romario. Even Derby preferred Steve Howard to Eastwood up front and they siad Eastwood was worth no more than 1 mil. And he isn't exactly setting the league alight is he?

Yes.

Next.

Guest nufc 4 life

wtf

Yes.

Next.

hes scored a few more than just a decent freekick thats my point

wtf

Yes.

Next.

hes scored a few more than just a decent freekick thats my point

10,000 leagues under the sea, yes.  Championship? No.  Premiership? No.  WTF's it mean on Wiki by Romany Roots?  Is that another way of saying he's a gyppo?

Chopra only cost Cardiff £500,000 (iirc)  bluedead.gif

I was listening to Radio 5 Live a month or so back and they had Dave Jones being interviewed

He mentioned that Cardiff only paid £300k for Chops  blueupset.gif

At the prices being mentioned neither even though I know next to nothing about both of them. Their stats aren't that impressive and at 21/23 they should be close to their full potential. Even our reject Chopra looks a better prospect. 6 million? That's what Huntelaar cost @j@x a couple of months ago, or twice what Van Persie cost Arsenal! Another example of how massively overpriced British players are.. If we were to go British I would try for Ashton at a couple of million more; a good goalscorer and quite complimentary to Owen and Martins..

At the prices being mentioned neither even though I know next to nothing about both of them. Their stats aren't that impressive and at 21/23 they should be close to their full potential. Even our reject Chopra looks a better prospect. 6 million? That's what Huntelaar cost @j@x a couple of months ago, or twice what Van Persie cost Arsenal! Another example of how massively overpriced British players are.. If we were to go British I would try for Ashton at a couple of million more; a good goalscorer and quite complimentary to Owen and Martins..

Ashton would cost you £11m+, not that he's worth it mind.

Toon Taylor... who's this Billy Jones?

Nugent. Been raving about him for a while. He hasn't got too many goals this season but he's still a key player for Preston, possibly their best. He can drive at defenders, using his pace and strength, and he's got fantastic technique infront of goal. I've seen little of him this season, mostly last season, but i really like him. I know very little about Eastwood - but he ain't really done enough to save Southend this season. Scored a bundle of goals in League 1, but Lee Trundle does (did) that season in-season out.

Toon Taylor... who's this Billy Jones?

Nugent. Been raving about him for a while. He hasn't got too many goals this season but he's still a key player for Preston, possibly their best. He can drive at defenders, using his pace and strength, and he's got fantastic technique infront of goal. I've seen little of him this season, mostly last season, but i really like him. I know very little about Eastwood - but he ain't really done enough to save Southend this season. Scored a bundle of goals in League 1, but Lee Trundle does (did) that season in-season out.

Billy Jones, classy little right back for Crewe, although can play across the back 4 no problem and in midfield if required, which is what we need tbh with all our injuries.

About 19, into his 4th season now as a 1st teamer, at 19! Must of played 100 games already if not more.

Solid, consistent, a leader, big tackler, big heart, fans love him. (scored a couple of peaches as well)

Big moves awaits him, i just hope its us. Stuart Pearce is a fan, i think he'd be excellent under him.

A one for the future, but would be able to do a job now.