Freddy Eastwood or Dave Nugent

Guest nufc 4 life
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.football.co.uk/crewe/players/billy_jones_105236.shtml

Profile: Billy Jones came through the Crewe youth academy and made his debut as a 16-year-old. He performed well and soon found himself as a regular in the first team. He has captained the England Under-16 and under-17 teams and recently made his debut for the under-19 team.His first ever senior goal was voted 'goal of the season' and he won the 'young player of the year award' and the traveling fans player of the year awards. Jones got injured in the second half of last season but still managed 24 appearances and this season he is being used in midfield instead of defence.

http://www.fansfc.com/speculation_news.asp?sid=7877&fcid=3

Alex boss Dario Gradi said: “It is my job to sell him and get as much money as I can for him.”

/\/\ Man City with a £500k bid, offer £1m and he's ours, no regrets imo.

SS's Jones profile:

http://home.skysports.com/player.aspx?plid=31223&clid=51&cpid=11

----------------------------------

Some info on him.

Guest nufc 4 life

he would be a good player for us imho but we need someone with premiership experience or top league in a similar leadue i.e holland , good one for the future, but he would'ntbe a Terry type player which is what we need desperately to help out Taylor although he has been perfoming brill of late he cant do it all on his own, jones is another ramager, huntingon, taylor just better then ramage and huntington do you agree

he would be a good player for us imho but we need someone with premiership experience or top league in a similar leadue i.e holland , good one for the future, but he would'ntbe a Terry type player which is what we need desperately to help out Taylor although he has been perfoming brill of late he cant do it all on his own, jones is another ramager, huntingon, taylor just better then ramage and huntington do you agree

He has enough quality just like Taylor to make an England call up.

For £500k its worth a gander.

He's been playing as a DMC this season, another area in the future we have nothing for. Billy Jones has EPL class written through him like a stick of rock, we need him in our squad.

Guest Deep456

EPL? what does that means sorry lol bit slow and yeah if we could get him for that i would pay up to 1.5 what bout u

English Premier League :D

EPL? what does that means sorry lol bit slow and yeah if we could get him for that i would pay up to 1.5 what bout u

I'd pay anything up to that for him, but Crewe, running on a tight budget, in League one are willing to talk at £500k.

I'd actually offer them the £500k and loan him back for the season, or if he's decent enough from the off, offer a loanee of our own to them for the remainder of the season.

If a bidding war starts, or looks likely, just offer a straight £1m and you'd be talking to him that day, Crewe aren't afraid to sell when the money is right.

Nicky Maynard is another player from Crewe who i think could be one to watch, but only burst on the scene this season, scored some goals mind you, but i think next season we'll see if its real quality or not.

-------------------------------------------------------

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=431347&plid=52544&clid=51&cpid=11

Crewe Alexandra have placed Jon Otsemobor on the transfer list, but Nicky Maynard has signed a new contract at Gresty Road.

Otsemobor has been put up for sale by Crewe boss Dario Gradi after refusing to sign an extension to his deal which expires at the end of the season.

Gradi is unhappy with the full back's stance and admits he has no option but to circulate Otsemobor's name to other clubs.

"We've transfer listed Otsemobor because he has decided against signing a new deal," Gradi told the club's official website.

"He has told me that he is happy to wait until the summer, but we're not happy with that, we don't want to wait until Christmas.

"We rely heavily on selling players, more and more so in fact, and if everybody took the stance that Otsemobor and Billy Jones have, then we'd be playing non-league football in a few years' time."

Gradi could replace Otsemobor by handing French defender Patrick Noubissie a short-term deal after a trial with the League One club.

But Gradi has been boosted by teenage striker Maynard's commitment to the club by extending his contract through to 2010.

Maynard has scored 11 goals for Crewe this season, but has missed the last three matches with a hamstring injury.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=434912&plid=31223&clid=51&cpid=11

Crewe Alexandra are determined to get the top price for Jon Otsemobor, amid reports Bolton Wanderers want the full-back.

Otsemobor has been placed on the transfer list at Gresty Road after rejecting an offer to extend his contract, which expires at the end of the season.

He has been linked with a January move to Bolton, where he spent two months on loan from Liverpool back in 2004.

Crewe boss Dario Gradi is believed to want £400,000 for the defender and is keen for the club to receive a fair price for Otsemobor.

"I still think he owes us because we rescued him from Rotherham," Gradi told the club's official website.

"When we did the same with Jermaine Wright from Wolves' reserves, he refused to sign a new contract, but we got £500,000 for him.

"He owed us, we got our money, so that was that."

Billy Jones is also in the same situation as Otsemobor, and Gradi feels he has no option but to sell the versatile teenager in January.

He added: "I have always stated how disappointed I am in the two lads that have turned down a new contract.

"I always thought that one day, one of our kids could well turn around and say he isn't signing, but I never expected it to be Billy. I've told him that.

"Now it is my job to sell him and get as much money as I can for him, as to not put those kids coming up behind him in any jeopardy."

-----------------------------------

Jones is off this window, i hope were watching.

Billy Jones is a name I've heard a lot. Never seen him myself but he's constantly linked with City. Wouldn't be suprised to see him here given the number of reports, but Pearce recently said he'll be looking abroad in January because in his opinion, lower league players are overpriced. He could have been referring to this guy - £2m seems to be the asking price in most of the stories I've read.

Honestly, we had a gem with us and his name is Michael Chopra.

He has a much better proven record, and he has also looked a better player than both. Shame that we lost him to Cardiff.

For the sake of this debate, I would prefer Eastwood. Nugent to me is more of a playmaker. His scoring record is actually not impressive. Supposedly the new person will partner Martin. Given Martin's habit to drift outwide or to the midfield, I think Eastwood would compliment him  more.

Chopra was afverage for us goes to the championship, scores a few goals (still a few less than f*cking Rasiak and a couple more than Gray!) and he is a gem! :jesus:

I think the point being made is we flogged someone (Chopra) to Cardiff for a pittance, and now the talk is of signing someone like Eastwood or Nugent who haven't scored as many as Chopra. Now that bit is the bit that looks more than just a tad dim-witted on behalf of our club. Maybe?

Guest nufc 4 life

Chopra was afverage for us goes to the championship, scores a few goals (still a few less than f*cking Rasiak and a couple more than Gray!) and he is a gem! :jesus:

I think the point being made is we flogged someone (Chopra) to Cardiff for a pittance, and now the talk is of signing someone like Eastwood or Nugent who haven't scored as many as Chopra. Now that bit is the bit that looks more than just a tad dim-witted on behalf of our club. Maybe?

exactly

I agree with that but Chopra is still being called a gem and what not, i thought that all stopped when he stopped scoring but i suppose he notched again recently so will be Shearer mk11 for while again.

The thing that gets me about the Chopra thing is at the time of selling him, I was all for it and all for a new and in theory better striker to be signed as a replacement.

Which of course we didn't and are now being quoted/rumoured to be after players of the same calibre of Chopra, so it seems as instead of regressing by not signing a decent replacement we might as well have kept Chopra.

Another fuck up by Newcastle United.

a lot of money, would rather go for Alan Smith for £6m.

signing alan smith would be fantastic for this club. however, not going to happen as sir alex has just came out in response to everton's interest and said he is going NOWHERE.  wonder if he means during the window or in his career?

Didn't we offer Chopra a new contract and he decided to move on as a free agent? Don't remember us deciding to sell him.

We offered him a new contract but he decided to move on, because of his age Cardiff had to agree a fee with us.

Guest Action Verb

The thing that gets me about the Chopra thing is at the time of selling him, I was all for it and all for a new and in theory better striker to be signed as a replacement.

Which of course we didn't and are now being quoted/rumoured to be after players of the same calibre of Chopra, so it seems as instead of regressing by not signing a decent replacement we might as well have kept Chopra.

Another F*** up by Newcastle United.

Chopra didn't want to stay.

NEXT.