Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Yes it’s not really new news but still useful to get a little reassurance from someone properly within the game

It's about the most solid thing we've had in weeks, it's greatly appreciated.

Guest Carrick18

Which podcast is it then? I know he does the one with that Taylor & Besty account and they always have a giggle about cats.

The crack is lifting on it like.

We on about Pod on the Tyne or no? Cos the banter on that is desperate.

Aye mate - proper “yer da” crack. :lol:

There was something a few ones back where Chris Waugh said he'd had a sausage and the ensuing bants was very yer'da. I think I'd rather pretend Caulkin just had nowt to do with it, like I sometimes try to pretend the Terminator sequels don't exist.

How was it pre-corona? I imagine it's difficult with no actual football, but it's devoid of any football chat at the moment.

I spoke this morning to the CEO of one of the most important organisations across  professional football - same person I mentioned last week - and he said  he was sure it was going to go through, once the PL had been seen to go through the piracy concerns. It felt like he was partly expressing an opinion but in his position, he is pretty much at the heart of professional football and it felt, unlike last week, that he was speaking with at least some level of knowledge. Have also posted pretty much same message on True Faith Facebook page but will try and resist twitter. .

Nice update  O0

What do you mean with the PL seen to go through the piracy though? As in they want it to look like it's been a real thorough process or as in they are still going through it?

Newspapers seem to have been awfully quiet the last few days, seemingly they can't be arsed to make shit up and speculate any longer.

As GM alluded to, maybe that's the tactic. Wait until it gets closer to the PL re starting then confirm the deal. At that point, a majority of the focus and media attention will be on football and Liverpool winning the league.

It's a daft theory I know but who the hell knows anything any more. :dontknow:

Twitter seems to have descended into some sort of mass posting aimed at the Premier League.

As if the social media guy is going to take any notice.

As a global enterprise they’ll not like their twitter feed being under siege from thousands of frustrated geordies. The premier league is all about image, whether it has any impact or not.

People are desperate for this to happen, I don’t blame anyone for wanting to vent their frustration at min.

It may be misguided but nothing about this process appears to take our hopes into account.

Which podcast is it then? I know he does the one with that Taylor & Besty account and they always have a giggle about cats.

Tried listening to it once and they were joking about Chris Waugh being called 'waffles'. Patter as dead as Bruce's dad, cringed to the point of wanting to top mesel.

Tried listening to it once and they were joking about Chris Waugh being called 'waffles'. Patter as dead as Bruce's dad , cringed to the point of wanting to top mesel.

Haha!

Guest Howaythetoon

I spoke this morning to the CEO of one of the most important organisations across  professional football - same person I mentioned last week - and he said  he was sure it was going to go through, once the PL had been seen to go through the piracy concerns. It felt like he was partly expressing an opinion but in his position, he is pretty much at the heart of professional football and it felt, unlike last week, that he was speaking with at least some level of knowledge. Have also posted pretty much same message on True Faith Facebook page but will try and resist twitter. .

Good to see you posting Golfmag, I’ve long since thought after these issues of piracy were brought up in the public domain, our would be owners just had to assure the PL in ways that would satisfy any future concerns which in doing so would also allow them to cover themselves against those with issues of their own accusing them of ignoring anything and or by the way of assurances they could appease PL TV rights holders.

It wouldn’t surprise me if our would-be owners had to agree to and sign some legally binding deal or terms stipulating they will guarantee to try and stop or prevent the piracy of PL content in their own country and to endeavour to fully commit to any and all wider joint efforts in conjunction with the PL itself, it’s media partners, it’s member clubs and it’s array of broadcasters who pay them to licence their content.

Could they legally insert such a thing separate to their other TOS and include it in any overall ruling and could other clubs challenge the legality of such a deal or terms specific to just one club/owners?

It would make sense for the PL to get their signature on something of that nature and just as much sense for our owners to sign something like that if not just to get this over the line, but show everyone with any previous concerns legitimately or not or may have cause for concern about sometime down the line over issues of piracy etc. they can guarantee no-one will ever be able to level anything at them and NUFC.

Who knows, hopefully this will all be over soon.

Tried listening to it once and they were joking about Chris Waugh being called 'waffles'. Patter as dead as Bruce's dad, cringed to the point of wanting to top mesel.

:scared:

Twitter seems to have descended into some sort of mass posting aimed at the Premier League.

As if the social media guy is going to take any notice.

Yes, from a post originating from our mate Gallowgate End[/member]  :lol:

It's all a ploy to spend fuck all again by FMA , classic ,hes had  had our pants down again.

Just waiting for this to fuck up, based on nothing but its us.

I'm in,out,in , out  :-*

Guest reefatoon

Is this the new thing to report? Moving all our games to neutral venues. Fucking lunacy.

Is this the new thing to report? Moving all our games to neutral venues. Fucking lunacy.

Could it be the other way too, worrying about protests if they don't approve it. Hedging their bets.

Guest reefatoon

Is this the new thing to report? Moving all our games to neutral venues. f***ing lunacy.

Could it be the other way too, worrying about protests if they don't approve it. Hedging their bets.

The whole thing is just lunacy whichever way. I am sure Liverpool fans are going to want to be around celebrating when they win it. Will they move their games to a neutral venue? Will they even talk about it or report it as a possibility? It’s just more nonsense talk around the takeover. Absolutely pointless click s****.

Move it to Hicksville sur Weir, it would send the “blue mackems” and the real ones round the bend to see Liverpool win the title and Us being taken over and celebrating in and around the stadium of crisp packets......

Sorry lads forgot that you can’t attend games 🥺