Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

Yeah, yeah, all shock, horror, and ad homs but not a single substantive counter argument, as usual.

Because there is nothing to counter argue about. People know fine and well now, you just pop in here all antagonistic and full of fury, looking for an argument that nobody can be arsed to have with you. The attitude of always jumping in that you are constantly right on all matters doesn't help your cause either and probably why most people just let you get on with it. Nobody wants to argue at all, it only seems to end up that way when you make an appearance.

Ehh hold on, I was responding to the people who are desperate for the Saudi state to own their football club trying to lay down to other people what is and isn't decent.  If pointing out that I think that's bullshit and they aren't in any position to arbitrate decency makes people uncomfortable, makes me antagonistic, or makes people think I have nefarious reasons for posting, so be it.

See, you twist it to come across in your antagonistic way. the bit in bold isn't true though. People are not "desperate for the Saudi state to own their football club". The majority of people are desperate to see the back of Ashley, this doesn't make them fans of "baby bombers" or dying to see "mass murderers", and you know this as it has been discussed to death already. It's always put across as all people are cunts who don't agree with your own take.

Wish you'd get over this whole tackling me and not the issue thing like. I'm being honest with my points, if you don't think I'm not being honest then don't reply to me like you say you've already been doing.

The people who applauded the post against mine and ManDoon's supposed indecency are desperate for this takeover to happen. Whether you want to frame that as being desperate for Ashley to leave or being desperate for this specific takeover by the Saudi state to happen, it still doesn't put them in any position to tell anyone what is and isn't decent and it doesn't help the argument that it's just desperation for Ashley to leave when there was potentially another offer on the table a few weeks back and folk were saying they'd prefer the Saudis.

Sorry, not sure what you mean in that first sentence. I am not tackling you, I am just replying to your comments, as you are the one making them. Also not sure what you mean about being honest or not, nobody is calling you a liar. People can disagree with you though, especially when you put it across so over the top and crass as you do.

"It doesn't put them in any position". Well that's compared to your own take. I also don't think anyone who agreed with it should be called fans of baby bombers as you so dramatically replied with for full effect. When you need to start throwing comments like that about it is only for the reason of arguing and not to discuss anything.

What I mean by the first sentence is that you seem more concerned with the supposed nefariousness of my posting than what I'm actually posting. As if I'm not really invested in the points I'm making, or that I'm deliberately posting in a dishonest way that's nearer to trollery than inciting debate.

And yeah, of course it's based on my own take, I don't think the people who can look at what the Saudi state has done square in the eyes and then justified wanting this takeover to happen are in any position to scold others for not coming up to their own standards of what is and isn't decent. I'm sorry, but I just don't. Everyone can come to their own conclusion about the takeover, just as I have, just as you have, just as everyone else has, but to then go on and try and tell other people what is and isn't morally decent is, imo, a total piss take.

I'm actually enjoying debating with you, so don't take it as some kind of personal attack. I don't normally pay much attention to the name that posts when I read and more just what has been said and I respond. I just feel your posts stand out as they always come across in an antagonistic way, instead of a reasoned way. It was not about what you are trying to say. For me, it's more about how you put it across and how you come across when posting it. Especially such inflammatory wording as "Desperate to support baby bombers" etc. It just comes across as a way of arguing (see we have managed to turn this thread into even more filth again.  :lol:)  Catch you again same time next week?

:lol: Nah that's fair. Don't for one second think that I don't know I'm shit at making persuasive arguments like.

:lol:  :thup: We are just a passionate bunch at the end of the day.

What you have to bear in mind with ManDoon's take is that the way a lot of our fans went on (including starting on one of the members of this forum) during the Hull protest against Pardew a few years ago probably radicalised a lot of us into actively despising sections of our support. :lol: Agree with it or disagree with it, that's just how it is.

And what you and others still fail to understand, is that abusing our own supporters even when you fundamentally disagree with what they are doing achieved nothing other than make you feel better. It entrenches their position and made them even more unlikely to see the bigger picture and change their ways.

Greg, you know as well as I do that I left the whole campaigning side of things ages ago. There were times in the past when I and others took our frustration out on fans, realised it was counterproductive and attempted to do the whole kubaya thing, but it changed nothing and never would have. Rafa leaving/Bruce's arrival was the only thing that made the crowds finally dip and no amount of us being nice to fans we disagree with would change anything prior to that. Again though, I dunno why I keep having to make this point, but people hurling abuse, spitting at you, and starting on you aren't simply fans with a difference of opinion.

It's not about being nice, it's about educating them but we never really got the chance to do that given a lot of those of us involved in effect gave up the fight, and then a load of new people tried the same old things we had done and surprise surprise nothing changed.

I was there as you know - and those in that category you mentioned was a very small minority of the majority of others that just ignored it and kept on going (it probably felt like more at the time but the grant scheme of the 40 odd thousands it really wasn't many, as horrible as it was). Idiots are idiots and we have some in our fan base as does every club. To turn that around and tarnish all match going fans and abusing them on here and elsewhere does nothing though - it literally achieves nothing. It is giving up and just ranting to make yourself feel better.

You are probably right that nothing meaningful would have ever changed, but if that is your view and you decided to give up that fight then let it be. But don't make yourself feel better by going around calling out other fans, it's antagonistic and utterly pointless and just drives further division.

I haven't done that Greg. I've ranted in the past about people still going to the match despite hating Ashley, as loads of us have on here, but that's not what was happening in this discussion at all.

"mike ashley is a terrible guy, look how he treated keegan, shearer, the fans, his employees at SD, he's a parasite"

"fuck off, support the team not the regime! you're not proper fans!"

"just saying it would be good to maybe stop attending games and not give him money"

"fuck off, im a real fan, support the team not the regime!"

"he's literally trying to make employees work through a pandemic"

"don't care"

*mike ashley doesn't give ST holders their money back in an unsurprising move*

"this is a fucking disgrace! the club are a joke!"

"you could always cancel your direct debit?"

"no way I don't want to lose my loyalty points"

O0

How many more last words do you intend to have on this?

Can I ask what changed in people's perceptions from these posts to the one i just made?

NUFC fans moaning about this, just days after Mike Ashley put it out to the world that he views profit for SD as more important that people's health and well being :lol:

Thick cunts, every one of them.

What did they expect man? And why should the club in all truth, they have overheads and bills to pay. Support your club you fucking numpties. Selfish bastards.

:lol:

What the fuck did they expect?  :lol: They know who they’re dealing with, the subservient little maggots will always crawl back.

Loving the amount of "can't believe they've done this, shocking" sentiments around.

Like being surprised the sky's blue.

They knew what he was like, they knew what was coming, all they had to do was cancel the direct debit. A million percent there will be no compensation for games missed either if it's cancelled or played behind closed doors and they'll all be "shocked" again, idiots!

Not a single dissenting voice when this was first announced? but i make one comment on the SAME FUCKING THING, palnese gets his pearls clutched so tightly he's cutting off the circulation to his hand, and suddenly i want every single season ticket holder to be penniless? what a fucking joke. That's the last I'll say on the matter. Cute gang attack though.

Wasn't aware of the history, not that I think it matters, just didn't think the comments on fellow supporters/geordies/people were particularly 'right on' with the current spirit of community. Obviously a very sore point for some, and I'm not here to change anyone's mind.

If you went and paid to attend games and now cannot attend games you shouldn't be charged for it doesn't really need to be anything more than a business transaction goods and services and all that just like Ashley has treated the fan base and the club in general.

Guest godzilla

godzilla[/member] Only you and I can save this thread now.

See you in about 20 pages, that's how long it usually lasts for  :lol:

Make of that what you will

Saudi flags in Twitter handles can get in the fucking sea.

It is cringe, but I've seen people do just as bad on here with their avatar.

The Saudi flags are just a show of defiance now, more of a reaction to the waves of moral criticism coming the way of NUFC since the takeover commenced. I no longer feel any cringe at all when I see them. I can empathise with those of our fans who genuinely hold a moral stance against Saudi Arabia in general, there are certainly plenty of reasons to do so. The rest of the opposition coming from other clubs and their fans can get to fuck. Have some of those saudi flags in the avatars you cunts. Get used to it.

Can I ask what changed in people's perceptions from these posts to the one i just made?

NUFC fans moaning about this, just days after Mike Ashley put it out to the world that he views profit for SD as more important that people's health and well being :lol:

What did they expect man? And why should the club in all truth, they have overheads and bills to pay. Support your club you fucking numpties. Selfish bastards.

What the fuck did they expect?  :lol: They know who they’re dealing with, the subservient little maggots will always crawl back.

Loving the amount of "can't believe they've done this, shocking" sentiments around.

They knew what he was like, they knew what was coming, all they had to do was cancel the direct debit. A million percent there will be no compensation for games missed either if it's cancelled or played behind closed doors and they'll all be "shocked" again, idiots!

Not a single dissenting voice when this was first announced? but i make one comment on the SAME FUCKING THING, palnese gets his pearls clutched so tightly he's cutting off the circulation to his hand, and suddenly i want every single season ticket holder to be penniless? what a fucking joke. That's the last I'll say on the matter. Cute gang attack though.

Read all the fallout, genuinely childish most of it,usual four or five on one, but have to say I've had this ages back,  I'll have it again, see it happen to another poster,  same old same old, That was a very good come back grabbing all those quotes from different members, it's often certain posters only challenge certain posters comments.

I've said similar in different context, ie: Tory voters who have hit hard times if they voted Tory they can only blame themselves. I still have Tory voting friends it changes nothing.

It's an opinion but some take opinions as almost prejudice remarks.

This post of Mandoons is fair game, after reading it all as a spectator.

Dont want to join or be part of it further, I dont agree with him or others, each fan is entitled to their own, but the post here sums up how some act on here.

Cv19. Taking money off fans for nothing in return in this current economical climate is terrible. Normally I'd also think well its their own fault for putting money in to Ashley's pocket but that football shit doesn't matter too much now, money in pockets, food on tables are priority.

If you can't see that, then KI doubles down then expect the floodgates to open.

I still agree fullheartedly with what I said, it doesn't excuse what Ashley has done, but it's par for the course. If those fans put their season ticket/loyalty points ahead of financial security then they're as much to blame for their plight.

I still agree fullheartedly with what I said, it doesn't excuse what Ashley has done, but it's par for the course. If those fans put their season ticket/loyalty points ahead of financial security then they're as much to blame for their plight.

As an aside, cancelling your direct debit doesn't get your money back that you've already paid out and should be refunded.

What a stupid comment :lol:

This pandemic has meant a lot of people have lost financial security. People’s situation can change at the drop of a hat.