Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Honestly think if this doesn't go through (and I still think it will), there will be a sale in a fairly short time frame. Once someone in properly in the selling mentality, it will happen.

Ashley has form for this as well, dropping the price to £80m back in 2009 to get a deal done when the £100m deal fell through.

I am all in with the Saudis, and have always been since they first pitched in. I am not really interested in American owners, or for that matter most of the other options mentioned. As others have mentioned, they'll probably just load the club with debt Glazer style. I think this is a once in a lifetime chance with Stavely. Reubens and PIF, if it falls through, not really arsed if we get sold or not.

Honestly think if this doesn't go through (and I still think it will), there will be a sale in a fairly short time frame. Once someone in properly in the selling mentality, it will happen.

Ashley has form for this as well, dropping the price to £80m back in 2009 to get a deal done when the £100m deal fell through.

I am all in with the Saudis, and have always been since they first pitched in. I am not really interested in American owners, or for that matter most of the other options mentioned. As others have mentioned, they'll probably just load the club with debt Glazer style. I think this is a once in a lifetime chance with Stavely. Reubens and PIF, if it falls through, not really arsed if we get sold or not.

Same, and it’s not exactly a quick process even if someone else does come in.

Guest Carrick18

Caulkins podcast is out.

This the one where they harp on about cats?

It feels a bit self-indulgent sometimes.

Mind you, I feel like Caulkin has become a lot more emotive since joining the Athletic. He really does eulogise about the club these days.

Worst Poster of Year. Every year

Who are you?

Serious question Greg - why do you ask this? Not the first time I’ve seen you do this?

Just curious as to who it is when newly registered posters talk about things that occurred before their registration date.

Snap this is a tipping point in our history. It could be something very special under this lot.

Who are you?

Serious question Greg - why do you ask this? Not the first time I’ve seen you do this?

Just curious as to who it is when newly registered posters talk about things that occurred before their registration date.

It's palnese.

Guest The Little Waster

Which podcast is it then? I know he does the one with that Taylor & Besty account and they always have a giggle about cats.

That one, with the Athletic.

Pod On The Tyne

ffs

My thoughts too, Staveley and co or bust.

Who are you?

You’ve asked me this before and Ive been a member for almost a decade? Just comes across as a “who are you and why are you even here?” type question...

NB: This isn’t a prompt for another “I’ve been a member for x years” series of posts!

Which podcast is it then? I know he does the one with that Taylor & Besty account and they always have a giggle about cats.

The crack is lifting on it like.

I'll skip. I'd imagine NUFC360 or anyone on here will stick any snippets worth listening to online

I spoke this morning to the CEO of one of the most important organisations across  professional football - same person I mentioned last week - and he said  he was sure it was going to go through, once the PL had been seen to go through the piracy concerns. It felt like he was partly expressing an opinion but in his position, he is pretty much at the heart of professional football and it felt, unlike last week, that he was speaking with at least some level of knowledge. Have also posted pretty much same message on True Faith Facebook page but will try and resist twitter. .

We on about Pod on the Tyne or no? Cos the banter on that is desperate.

I spoke this morning to the CEO of one of the most important organisations across  professional football - same person I mentioned last week - and he said  he was sure it was going to go through, once the PL had been seen to go through the piracy concerns. It felt like he was partly expressing an opinion but in his position, he is pretty much at the heart of professional football and it felt, unlike last week, that he was speaking with at least some level of knowledge. Have also posted pretty much same message on True Faith Facebook page but will try and resist twitter. .

Nice one.

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s not gonna fail, they will/will have made a tentative look into any links to piracy and challenged them on it, if they can guarantee assurances there won’t be any practices of piracy or future accusations, that will satisfy them. If they were to try and delve deeper which they have no real right to or the power to, they’d find nothing anyway. I think the piracy issues is more about appeasing other clubs/current tv rights holders rather than any actual desire to truly investigate things further independently. And legally, again, they have no authority.

If it was as simple as you make it sound, surely it would not still be an issue.

Maybe it isn’t an issue still or ever was in terms of it being a deal breaker?

The whole process is obviously far from simple, but I’d wager any issues raised are less simple or less complicated than many seem to assume, claim or try to make out or to any extent that would prevent the takeover.

I remain 100% confident and feel relaxed about it all anyway :thup:

Thanks for sharing, positive sign definitely!

Aye mate - proper “yer da” crack. :lol:

So once the potential Red flags are ironed out it'll go through? Did we not already know this?

Aye mate - proper “yer da” crack. :lol:

There was something a few ones back where Chris Waugh said he'd had a sausage and the ensuing bants was very yer'da. I think I'd rather pretend Caulkin just had nowt to do with it, like I sometimes try to pretend the Terminator sequels don't exist.