Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Our boy Miguel Delaney saying the PL are waiting on WTOs verdict

Does this WTO report carry any clout in terms of whether they can reject the takeover based on what is said in it?

Have a look at the twitter link I posted previous page as it gives an insight to this

Just this second read it. I take it as the WTO report is nothing to worry about?

So surely the final copy must be different from the draft copy to warrant them waiting for it. It must also contain new evidence to what they already have, otherwise what would be the point in waiting.

Does this WTO report carry any clout in terms of whether they can reject the takeover based on what is said in it?

Have a look at the twitter link I posted previous page as it gives an insight to this

Just this second read it. I take it as the WTO report is nothing to worry about?

Yep, other than it delaying it even longer, no matter what is in it, it can’t stop the takeover legally.

Guest godzilla

You can only really go off what he was saying and he worked there 15 years so obviously knows the 'ins and out'. Thought this part was particularly interesting:

My only concern is if the Saudis get bored and move on to a different club.

Probably. Could see some legal action against PL purely to spite Qatar, and a massive bid for next set of TV rights, while Newcastle dropped and some German/Italian team becoming their focus. Probably not Roma after their begging, Juventus and the Milan's ruled out...who's next? Germany pretty much a closed shop given their ownership models. France....what's the point? Spain, if not Real Madrid or Barcelona then nah? Portugal? Potentially, but not a great league.  Scotland would be amusing

Guest godzilla

So surely the final copy must be different from the draft copy to warrant them waiting for it. It must also contain new evidence to what they already have, otherwise what would be the point in waiting.

This is only coming from Delaney though that they're waiting for it

Ahaha, what was Terry expecting?

:lol: Imagine ever thinking that wouldn't be a waste of your time.

Maybe, but it seems pretty clear that the PL have bowed to external pressure opposing the deal in their handling of the OD test. I don't think there's any harm in Newcastle supporters putting whatever pressure they can on the PL to get a decision made.

You can only really go off what he was saying and he worked there 15 years so obviously knows the 'ins and out'. Thought this part was particularly interesting:

Still a bit confusing as to what he's saying but I take it the WTO report means fuck all. If so, what the hell are they waiting for it for?

Guest godzilla

Still a bit confusing as to what he's saying but I take it the WTO report means f*** all. If so, what the hell are they waiting for it for?

Exactly, but more to the point in question can the Premier League use this report 'legally' anyway to knock back the takeover.

We know that a decision will eventually get made.

I can totally wait this out.

Knowing that Ashley's ownership could potentially end with one decision is the most hopeful and optimistic I've been since KK returned.

The big, big positive is, there is nothing Mike can do about it now.  It's out of his hands.  No moving the goal posts, it's past that point. 

Let's hope it's sooner rather than later but there is no point throwing toys out of the pram just yet. 

Ahaha, what was Terry expecting?

:lol: Imagine ever thinking that wouldn't be a waste of your time.

Maybe, but it seems pretty clear that the PL have bowed to external pressure opposing the deal in their handling of the OD test. I don't think there's any harm in Newcastle supporters putting whatever pressure they can on the PL to get a decision made.

Hold up. Just seen the typo.

unBALE?

They're dropping ol' Tez a hint methinks. It's on.

Got to suspect something is up when this prick gives out good vibes for us. Probably double bluffing as he knows it will be blocked so wants to give us false hope.  :lol:

I wouldn’t take much notice of the Guardian article.

It’s easy/lazy for them to say they are waiting for the WTO report. In reality we know that they already have that report, that report has no real authority, and they would have to link the privacy to PIF directly.

Still a bit confusing as to what he's saying but I take it the WTO report means f*** all. If so, what the hell are they waiting for it for?

Exactly, but more to the point in question can the Premier League use this report 'legally' anyway to knock back the takeover.

'Legally' there doesn't seem to be any requirement in the OD test for there to be an actual conviction or other ruling with legal status. In theory the PL could take into account any evidence that they deem to be appropriate, however, they'd have to be sure it's robust enough to stand up to legal challenge if they were to reject on that basis.

Still a bit confusing as to what he's saying but I take it the WTO report means fuck all. If so, what the hell are they waiting for it for?

Maybe there is a chance that the published report has further things in it so they need to go through it before proceeding ? Perhaps the PL have told all parties that it's a green light, subject the published report not being different to the version they have already had.

My only concern is if the Saudis get bored and move on to a different club.

Probably. Could see some legal action against PL purely to spite Qatar, and a massive bid for next set of TV rights, while Newcastle dropped and some German/Italian team becoming their focus. Probably not Roma after their begging, Juventus and the Milan's ruled out...who's next? Germany pretty much a closed shop given their ownership models. France....what's the point? Spain, if not Real Madrid or Barcelona then nah? Portugal? Potentially, but not a great league.  Scotland would be amusing

“Mbappe signs for Inverness Caledonian Thistle”

'Legally' there doesn't seem to be any requirement in the OD test for there to be an actual conviction or other ruling with legal status. In theory the PL could take into account any evidence that they deem to be appropriate, however, they'd have to be sure it's robust enough to stand up to legal challenge if they were to reject on that basis.

Indeed - the Football Laws Twitter thread from a few pages ago seemed to suggest that the PL can refuse the deal based on nothing more evidentiary than feelings. It’s an exclusive club, and they’re not bound to let people in if they don’t want. I’m pretty sure they don’t have to disclose their reasons, or even what they considered.

That’s not to say they will or won’t approve it. But I don’t think PIF suing the PL is any prospect if it doesn’t go through.

Why are we listening to The Guardian and Miguel Delaney who both seem to have a massive agenda against this takeover. Nobody knows when it will be complete. Could be today, could be tomorrow and it could be in 2 weeks time who knows but don’t listen to that shitty paper and a jealous Man Utd fan.