Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I wonder if when a decision is made it’ll be leaked prior or it’ll just all of a sudden land on us?

You'll just be on here arguing about sandals or something at 9 on a friday or something then there will be a statement put out by the club.

😂😂😂

I wonder if when a decision is made it’ll be leaked prior or it’ll just all of a sudden land on us?

Given the way the rest of the deal has played out, I'd say it will be leaked imho.

I was thinking because of how Caulkin indicated a few weeks back that the deal was almost done (as the buyers believed it to be the case). I’m guessing he won’t do the same this time given the fallout from that when it didn’t happen that way.

I was thinking because of how Caulkin indicated a few weeks back that the deal was almost done (as the buyers believed it to be the case). I’m guessing he won’t do the same this time given the fallout from that when it didn’t happen that way.

He more or less said as much in the last Athletic podcast. Basically saying he won't be reporting anything until the money has been transferred.

He more or less said as much in the last Athletic podcast. Basically saying he won't be reporting anything until the money has been transferred.

So he thinks the money will be transferred then?

I think the government will step in soon, it's taking so long now it will get to the point where they will embarrass the Saudis.

Whilst I have thought there is limited value in the writing of letters to the PL, I do think there is some (limited) value in contacting MP's.

NUFC supporters could contact their local MP and put to their MP their desire to see the takeover go through.  They could also ask their MP to please make representations on their behalf (their constituents) to the PL and to the Government in support of the takeover.  If the government was inclined to take any action it would be helpful to them to have some political coverage by saying they were representing voters who contacted them in support.

Can you post your letter to your MP here first please? I think it would cheer everyone up a lot.

The PL can block it if they like. My interest in NUFC and PL has declined so much over the years, and all the stuff with Rafa just made my interest next to nothing. That being said, all this fakeover stuff, made my interest spark a tad. But nah, block it and they can fuck right off.

All of a sudden?

Well like Gorilla said before, am I just going to be talking about some random topic on this forum and then twitter will go wild as it’s a “done deal” or is it going to leak that we’re going to get a decision for 5 days and then we’ll all be having on for another couple to stew while the money is transferred. Or worse if it’s rejected. Given how it was reported as imminent a couple of weeks back whether journalists will keep it close until it’s signed off. Some of suggested Caulkin won’t be saying anything.

The PL can block it if they like. My interest in NUFC and PL has declined so much over the years, and all the stuff with Rafa just made my interest next to nothing. That being said, all this fakeover stuff, made my interest spark a tad. But nah, block it and they can fuck right off.

Same here, no way am I going back to Ashley and Bruce  :huff:

the pl will be on this deal 100% now full steam ahead, they wont be waiting for the official WHO report, its in everyones best interest to get this done now as soon as possible

Guest chopey

the pl will be on this deal 100% now full steam ahead, they wont be waiting for the official WHO report, its in everyones best interest to get this done now as soon as possible

My feelings 100%, just get it done.

Didn't he contradict that thought this week by saying the FA has been asking information regarding the piracy?

besides the benefits the takeover will bring to football no way are the pl in a position to knock back any potential investment in the area in these hard times ,its going through im 100% confident

I suspect Caulkin doesnt know as much as hes implied. We know he has a line to Staveley but I think hes been playing on that a touch.

I like Caulkin, hes as sound as a journalist gets but hes still a journalist and his game is selling stories.

This "leave poor george alone", carry on, is lifting. He knows the rules, you dont give people snippets and expect them not to ask more questions.

I think the issue is people asking the same questions over and over again. There's only so many times you can answer.

Tend to agree with this, there's another massive shitstorm on the horizon and the one way that they can attempt to nullify this is by concluding this in advance, with a clear and concise statement absolving PIF of any links whatsoever to the piracy.  Of course, this is only valid if no links exist to PIF.

This "leave poor george alone", carry on, is lifting. He knows the rules, you dont give people snippets and expect them not to ask more questions.

I think the issue is people asking the same questions over and over again. There's only so many times you can answer.

Has he only just discovered Twitter and is getting the hang of it?

He's the only one who has repeatedly and consistently been on the side of us, as fans. Never tried to bullshit, never wrote clickbait crap, just reported what he's been told honestly. He has a directly line to the buyers and is reporting what they're telling him. He's pretty much the only journo above criticism. He's admitted himself, he shouldn't have said as much as he did because it's given people false hope when they read into his every single word - and he therefore has stopped. Every time he has said it's close, it has has been slowed down by the PL for some reason. His info is always bang on.