Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Perhaps the PL dont have a preference. It's not a case of whether they want it to happen. That's just conspiracy theorist bullshit, intended to make an excuse for why the PL might block it. There wont be an agenda, other than to avoid a shit storm.

The most likely scenario is that their legal team will look at all the evidence and make a recommendation to the executive based on that.

It's taking so long because their legal team has most probably being trying to work out their position with regards to paying the TV companies who havent been able to show football and where they stand legally on sending footballers back to work.

Theres no grand conspiracy, it's just tedious as fuck.

The PL won't as an organisation have a preference, but the organisation is made up of people who probably do. If I was a member of the PL committee, I'd still be a Newcastle fan, although I would like to think that wouldn't affect my opinion. But it would be there subconsciously nevertheless. As a Newcastle fan, I wouldn't want to see another team getting a huge advantage financially for example.

But I'd still do my job and try to stay objective, and I'm sure the PL committee members will try to do the same. But let's not pretend they are robots, as individuals they will have a preference. Given half a chance, they'd probably prefer to tell us to fuck off.

I’m curious about the hypothetical impact of a protest outside of SJP about the delay and wider season ticket issues. I think it would put significant external pressure on the PL if there was the threat of fan congregation (even social distant) on a certain date of no decision was made.

everyone who went would be arrested and given a football banning order.

What planet are you on, man? Imagine even hypothetically threatening to protest over that with everything that's going on in the world.

You are right I’m slowly going mental like the rest of us. But that’s part of the problem really!

Look at this man. Some people need a fucking psychiatrist, not a takeover.

https://twitter.com/dannyschof81/status/1268509082002079744

Whats wrong with calling out trolls and bullshit?

Look at Facebook and the way that’s gone and is unusable for anyone these days due to all the bullshit on it.

I don’t think he’s done anything wrong in reporting him. Yeah ok he’s been proper rattled, but meh, got to beat the trolls.

What planet are you on, man? Imagine even hypothetically threatening to protest over that with everything that's going on in the world.

You are right I’m slowly going mental like the rest of us. But that’s part of the problem really!

I generally appreciate the desire to find a different angle on stuff, but that one just got me a bit. Sorry. Can relate to the slow descent into madness.

To keep things marginally on track I'd also heard from "a source" that 1st June was the date, though I didn't buy it. It came from someone who'd normally be very sensible too, which sort of shows just how much of a crock of shit these things tend to be.

I can't see it being knocked back, seems to my untrained eyes that the PL is just being very careful and getting written responses from PIF on everything that's being flagged up to cover themselves legally if something else turns out to be the case. That's bound to be an incredibly slow process. Our corporate solicitors have been moving even slower than usual since lockdown was enforced, the absolute parasites that they are.

Look at Facebook and the way that’s gone and is unusable for anyone these days due to all the bullshit on it.

I don’t think he’s done anything wrong in reporting him. Yeah ok he’s been proper rattled, but meh, got to beat the trolls.

Seek help.

Seek help.

Tbf I think both of you are agreeing with each other and haven’t realised yet!

I was in a middle of something and when l saw what that troll says it gave me a profound scare.

The thing is this is the best can happen to any football team in the world. I cant tell you guys how unlucky we were during the years.

This takeover succeeded means everything for our team and our life. It is the single most important thing right now to keep me going.

I don’t think the WTO thing has anything to do with it.

They already have a version of it, plus I don’t think it would hold much weight when the French court dismissed the case. President has already been set and at a greater level.

This simply isn't true though. The French court case ruled that Arabsat was indeed carrying the signal, and they're headquartered in Riyadh. The bit you're citing is that they said that because Arabsat doesn't really have much impact in France, they couldn't award damages because in France there wasn't "clear and illegal disruption" to French revenues and broadcasts.

It's not like Arabsat were found innocent, quite the reverse. They just couldn't be sued in Saudi because they were blocked from doing so by the Saudi government, so they tried to sue in France. And although the French court was happy that Arabsat were carrying a pirate signal, the reach of the satellite signal wasn't strong enough for it to impact French revenues.

People need to stop painting this like the French court looked into Arabsat and found it was absolutely fine. :lol:

Yes but everyone seems to be overlooking that Arabsat is owned by about 25 middle east countries including Egypt, SA and Qatar to name just a few.

SA has something like a 38% share of the business and is the major shareholder, but Qatar are also a shareholder of Arabsat with something like an 18% shareholding.  I would have thought that as a shareholder surely they would also be judged culpable if Arabsat was providing a platform for a pirate signal?

I don’t think the WTO thing has anything to do with it.

They already have a version of it, plus I don’t think it would hold much weight when the French court dismissed the case. President has already been set and at a greater level.

This simply isn't true though. The French court case ruled that Arabsat was indeed carrying the signal, and they're headquartered in Riyadh. The bit you're citing is that they said that because Arabsat doesn't really have much impact in France, they couldn't award damages because in France there wasn't "clear and illegal disruption" to French revenues and broadcasts.

It's not like Arabsat were found innocent, quite the reverse. They just couldn't be sued in Saudi because they were blocked from doing so by the Saudi government, so they tried to sue in France. And although the French court was happy that Arabsat were carrying a pirate signal, the reach of the satellite signal wasn't strong enough for it to impact French revenues.

People need to stop painting this like the French court looked into Arabsat and found it was absolutely fine. :lol:

Yes but everyone seems to be overlooking that Arabsat is owned by about 25 middle east countries including Egypt, SA and Qatar to name just a few.

SA has something like a 38% share of the business and is the major shareholder, but Qatar are also a shareholder of Arabsat with something like an 18% shareholding.  I would have thought that as a shareholder surely they would also be judged culpable if Arabsat was providing a platform for a pirate signal?

Qatar own 9.8%, to the best of my knowledge. But it's moot. The Saudi's plus Kuwait have a controlling majority. If they're exercising that majority, they have some culpability. But you're not automatically responsible for a company's actions just because you're a shareholder, that's crazy talk. I've got shares in several companies but I have no responsibility for any of their actions. :lol:

Obviously f#ck all happening on the takeover front today, not a bad thing though in the grand scheme of things.

If that smarmy t%#t masters doesn’t get his finger out shortly, maybe Brucey might take the decision out of his hands.

Wouldn’t be hard to imagine a major collapse after the restart.

Though unlikely how many would take relegation now, the decision passes to the EFL who are only to happy to have the league flooded with Saudi cash, and they pass the takeover.

Or stay up and the premier league block it. I know what I would choose.

Obviously f#ck all happening on the takeover front today, not a bad thing though in the grand scheme of things.

If that smarmy t%#t masters doesn’t get his finger out shortly, maybe Brucey might take the decision out of his hands.

Though unlikely how many would take relegation now, the decision passes to the EFL who are only to happy to have the league flooded with Saudi cash, and they pass the takeover.

is that an option..im in if it gets it over the line

It would certainly take bein and the Qatari’s out of the picture.

It would certainly take bein and the Qatari’s out of the picture.

known the pl they would probly null and void any promotion and we,ll be stuck down there forever  :lol:

Not sure I'd take a relegation just to get it over the line. That league is notoriously difficult to get out of, and it's getting harder every year. It was all well and good having Rafa in charge leading the way, but a season in the Championship with Bruce at the helm fills me with dread.

Really regretting abandoning my stance that we would never get taken over and allowed myself even a little hope, even as one who does have qualms about this was so happy to even start to think it was happening, and now the doubts are just coming back. If I'd stuck to my ashley will never sell policy I'd still be nonplussed.