Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

A few months ago I assumed that we'd see RB & PCP officially bid for the club, pass the test then onboard PIF later where the further tests can take however long it takes. Obviously that didn't happen, but could it have? If so we'd have been home and dry.

Asking more questions about the piracy ffs. What more can the buyers possibly answer with? What more could they want since theyve been sitting on this for months? "Here Amanda, we are going to stamp on your foot and jizz in your eye. Could you say 'Arrrrrr' for me? Yes, it's totally part of the test."

Guest reefatoon

Just hurry up and block it so we don't have to read the same old stories every day. Dull as fuck this constant talk about the same two/three things every day in the papers. The against it brigade do love to play it out in the papers and public, it's all we are hearing. Just needs to all disappear now so we can go back to the mind numbing hum drum of Ashley, Charnley and Bruce. At least the paper spin is always positive when talking about those knackers.

This just needs to reach a conclusion FFS.

I'll happily deal with being stuck in the middle of a geo-political war WHEN we have the benefits of new owners and no Ashley.

Until that point, this is pure torment with zero upside.

Hurry up FFS.

A few months ago I assumed that we'd see RB & PCP officially bid for the club, pass the test then onboard PIF later where the further tests can take however long it takes. Obviously that didn't happen, but could it have? If so we'd have been home and dry.

It crossed my mind why the Reubens, in particular, didn't just step in and fund the deal whilst waiting for PIF clearance tbh.

That way, the fans/staff/whole club benefit, we can begin plans to move forward pending their arrival and Ashley can die celebrating his windfall with eighteen pints and falling into a fire face first.

The other interesting element here, if this doesn't get approved imminently, is that Amanda Staveley's court case against Barclays is due to be heard over the next few weeks.

AFAIK she gave assurances over that claim to Ashley as part of guaranteeing the nufc deal (her element? I can't recall....).

If she goes on to lose that claim against Barclays then surely there'd be implications for the NUFC deal too?

It crossed my mind why the Reubens, in particular, didn't just step in and fund the deal whilst waiting for PIF clearance tbh.

That way, the fans/staff/whole club benefit, we can begin plans to move forward pending their arrival and Ashley can die celebrating his windfall with eighteen pints and falling into a fire face first.

Wonder if its the backup plan? If rejected we'll come back without PIF.,,,then sneak them through the backdoor at a later date.

Guest godzilla

Wonder if its the backup plan? If rejected we'll come back without PIF.,,,then sneak them through the backdoor at a later date.

You can't just sneak them through the back door they would still have to go through the test.

You can't just sneak them through the back door they would still have to go through the test.

I know man  :lol:

Well it would certainly buy everyone time and tbh, PIF, could easily send the Reubens the cash to fund it.

Buy it in their name. RB & PCP clear the tests and take over the club and then sell the 80% to them for £1 but without any media scrutiny nor rush.

That way they can allow the PL tests to take as long as they take and still control the club via the RB's and PCP.

I can't understand why they haven't done that tbh.

Also, if this does get rejected, it would be one way of solving things without Qatar/Bein having been seen to have won or got one over on them so publically.

Hmmm...

Any rumour as to who these American buyers are that HW refers to?

Also, didn't he state that it was actually Mauriss on the Sunday Supplement or on some zoom thing about a month ago?

I'm sure he was the first one to break Mauriss's name, so is he now saying that this isn't the case?

Guest godzilla

Well it would certainly buy everyone time and tbh, PIF, could easily send the Reubens the cash to fund it.

Buy it in their name. RB & PCP clear the tests and take over the club and then sell the 80% to them for £1 but without any media scrutiny nor rush.

That way they can allow the PL tests to take as long as they take and still control the club via the RB's and PCP.

I can't understand why they haven't done that tbh.

Also, if this does get rejected, it would be one way of solving things without Qatar/Bein having been seen to have won or got one over on them so publically.

If it was rejected though then I wouldn't have thought they would be interested in just being a silent partner to be honest. Honestly think it's important to them for their image (economic) globally to say that they own a football club in the world's number 1 league.

Guest godzilla

Hmmm...

Any rumour as to who these American buyers are that HW refers to?

Also, didn't he state that it was actually Mauriss on the Sunday Supplement or on some zoom thing about a month ago?

I'm sure he was the first one to break Mauriss's name, so is he now saying that this isn't the case?

Think it was the Mirror who broke it and don't think he actually commented on who it may be, until he mentioned it wasn't Mauriss in his tweet yesterday.

Of all the people to dig at, Caulkin is the last. He reports facts as much as he is able.

He doesn’t win up fans like Edwards or regurgitate shite like Ryder. I find this negativity more than baffling - it’s fucking stupid. He’s Actively on our side - a rare thing.

Guest Butcher

Of all the people to dig at, Caulkin is the last. He reports facts as much as he is able.

He doesn’t win up fans like Edwards or regurgitate s**** like Ryder. I find this negativity more than baffling - it’s f***ing stupid. He’s Actively on our side - a rare thing.

Couldn't agree more. But if he's wrong about this takeover The Athletic will lose a subscriber :lol: