Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Geoff Shreeves says they are waiting for the WTO report

I’ve read enough comments out there suggesting the WTO report would take years to progress any further than just a report....both SA and Quatar have a opportunity to question its validity....no doubt if its very negative SA would take up this option....Are the PL going to wait this long before they give their decision....and as many have mentioned before PIF would be unlikely to be included in this report....I’m still positive that the takeover will happen, sooner rather than a later.

Why would the Public Investment Fund of Saudi be involved with tv piracy? The notion is mental.

The question is are the Premier League differentiating between PIF and the rest of the Kingdom?

I’m fairly certain Yasir Al-Rumayyan is squeaky clean. So his part in PIF isn’t in question.

It’s how they view MBS. Do the PL have the balls to label him as a criminal and thus putting all that trade they do with the UK into question? That is what’s at stake if they are embarrassed here.

Really don't want American owners. Not seen one lot yet who are doing anything other than trying to fill their pockets. Just be less cunty versions of Ashley.

Aye Liverpool are absolutely shite

The fact spurs have had to loan 175 million from the Bank of England should spell alarm bells to the premier league.

They market themselves as the best league in the world, but let’s face it football is fu#%ed in the short, and possibly mid term.

To turn away potential new owners who will undoubtedly spend money and attract top players would be a massive call, and go against all their marketing of being the biggest and best.

I can’t see clubs splashing the cash for a long time. If PIF go and buy a club in Spain or Italy, and start splashing the cash taking our top players it won’t do anything for the leagues status or image.

That’s why I think Winter is right, money does talk and that’s why this deal will go through.

Aside from the length of time that has passed on this takeover it is quite interesting to see the journalists interacting with each other, clearly with different opinions and/or sources. That tweet from Henry Winter has drawn replies questioning Staveley's credibility from other journalists and also input from others about the WTO, piracy and human rights. I think it has been quite clear this is anything but normal and surely the credibility of the media must be questioned. I'm the same as I was a few weeks ago as nothing has seemingly changed - the interest is real, it would seem to be that the Premier League are considering the application and there is no more news.

The Telegraph article this evening is an example of this from the journalist, credit he has added the additional letter to his article, but this 'exclusive' just uses the term used in the BBC interview about 'fully considering' that came out a few weeks ago. Expect the following next week: Newcastle in talks with Coutinho agent, WTO Piracy report to scupper Saudi deal for Newcastle, Treble for Joelinton, What's the difference between Amazon Prime and Sky Sports coverage? and 'what's really happening with the NUFC takeover'. I must admit it will be nice to talk about actual football once this is over either way.

Such an exhausting process. Still dont see anything new other than PR propaganda from the PL. Considering considering considering.. the longer we draw it out the more care we have taken.. sorry we tried.

Any kind or shit they are perceived to be getting to block the deal pails in comparison to what will come of they do.

Guest chopey

I think the government will step in soon, it's taking so long now it will get to the point where they will embarrass the Saudis.

I think the government will step in soon, it's taking so long now it will get to the point where they will embarrass the Saudis.

Whilst I have thought there is limited value in the writing of letters to the PL, I do think there is some (limited) value in contacting MP's.

NUFC supporters could contact their local MP and put to their MP their desire to see the takeover go through.  They could also ask their MP to please make representations on their behalf (their constituents) to the PL and to the Government in support of the takeover.  If the government was inclined to take any action it would be helpful to them to have some political coverage by saying they were representing voters who contacted them in support.

For what it's worth I'm now 100% behind this Saudi takeover

You can't get the platinum trophy for 100% until you've put a Saudi flag in your Twitter handle and abused a widow.

True Saudi supporters know she was only a girlfriend.