NUFC Time Machine

James

Can we stop Mike Ashley ever being born? Or his parents meeting up?

An unfortunate paradox prevents this....if it happened, then there would be no reason in the future or present to go back in time to prevent it, thus no one would go back in time to prevent it so it wouldn't happen then it would, or wouldn't....ow my head hurts. Stupid time travel with its grandfather and novikov paradoxes

I'm changing the terms of the OP because I don't even understand it  :lol: but

Summer 2004... not sell Gary Speed, sign Michael Carrick instead of Nicky Butt (groomed as his successor), and bring in one game of VAR to disallow Middlesbrough's last minute handball in the 2-2 opening game of 04/05. If we got off to a winning start, negativity about player power would subside and SBR would've not been sacked, meaning no Souness.

An unfortunate paradox prevents this....if it happened, then there would be no reason in the future or present to go back in time to prevent it, thus no one would go back in time to prevent it so it wouldn't happen then it would, or wouldn't....ow my head hurts. Stupid time travel with its grandfather and novikov paradoxes

For clarity  :idiot2:...lets say HTT goes back and stops Mike Ashley being born, there's no Mike Ashley running Newcastle now, so HTT decides not to go back in time to get rid of Mike Ashley, so he doesn't do it, and then all of a sudden there's a Mike Ashley again.

Too much temporal physics for one day

For clarity  :idiot2:...lets say HTT goes back and stops Mike Ashley being born, there's no Mike Ashley running Newcastle now, so HTT decides not to go back in time to get rid of Mike Ashley, so he doesn't do it, and then all of a sudden there's a Mike Ashley again.

Too much temporal physics for one day

That's not how BTTF worked though, so we're all good.

It also assumes there's only one timeline and no loops.

Very linear thinking 2/7.

Now that's a whole other branch of quantum determinism where cats in boxes start to be dead and alive at the same time