Roeders Signings half a season on...

Lloydie

Guest Deep456

Aye the fact that he hasn't even scored 15 premiership goals yet makes this kid look a little more stupid than he normaly does!

Aye your a big man aren't you.  :thup: I bet anyone a piece of battenberg he will though.

Aye the fact that he hasn't even scored 15 premiership goals yet makes this kid look a little more stupid than he normaly does!

Lol, I mean your another idiot who can't take a joke. I bet anyone a piece of battenberg he will though.

:jesus: this forum really needs an age limit!

Guest Deep456

Lol, I mean your another idiot who can't take a joke. I bet anyone a piece of battenberg he will though.

:jesus: this forum really needs an age limit!

How can you not like battenberg?

Merry Christmas btw.

Guest TheOrder

Aye your a big man aren't you.  :thup: I bet anyone a piece of battenberg he will though.

Howay, calm down lads. The little'un is just excited for Santy Claus coming down this chimney tonight,

Guest Deep456

Aye your a big man aren't you. :thup: I bet anyone a piece of battenberg he will though.

Howay, calm down lads. The little'un is just excited for Santy Claus coming down this chimney tonight,

Aye Santa could you get me a signed shirt from Freddy?

Nice first post, Lloydie!

Duff - 4/10. Hasn't delivered the good on the pitch and wasn't needed in the first place. Cannot see how he can even surpass the 5 out of 10 mark th. I have faith in him to get better, but he won't get significantly better, i don't think. I've realised why Chelsea only let him go for a surprisingly low amount of money.

Martins - 8/10. ALways had faith in him to come good, yet never expected a huge amount in his first season. If someone had offered me at the start of the season 11 goals from Martins come May, i would have been relatively happy. Now he's on course to get atleast 15, which is a bloody good achievement considering his circumstances. Roeder knew what we needed and he delivered.

Giuseppe Rossi - 6/10. Came in to make up the numbers really, and that's what he's done. It was disgraceful that we were forced into signing him, because we should have bought someone long before. It was a clear panic buy, and Roeder got a relatively decent one. Rossi's come in and done what was needed, tbh, and you can't slate him for that. Looks a decent player.

Sibierski - 7/10. Not only has he become a cup talisman, but he has actually looked a half-decent player. Excellent value for money; he's done an almighty job for us. Again, a bit of a disgrace that we were forced into brining someone of Sibierski's stature in, but out of all panic buys, this is a canny one. He's come in and done more than what was expected - a cracking job.

Bernard - 0/10. Temporary fan-appeasing exercise.

Duff - 4/10. Hasn't delivered the good on the pitch and wasn't needed in the first place. Cannot see how he can even surpass the 5 out of 10 mark th. I have faith in him to get better, but he won't get significantly better, i don't think. I've realised why Chelsea only let him go for a surprisingly low amount of money.

Martins - 8/10. ALways had faith in him to come good, yet never expected a huge amount in his first season. If someone had offered me at the start of the season 11 goals from Martins come May, i would have been relatively happy. Now he's on course to get atleast 15, which is a bloody good achievement considering his circumstances. Roeder knew what we needed and he delivered.

Giuseppe Rossi - 6/10. Came in to make up the numbers really, and that's what he's done. It was disgraceful that we were forced into signing him, because we should have bought someone long before. It was a clear panic buy, and Roeder got a relatively decent one. Rossi's come in and done what was needed, tbh, and you can't slate him for that. Looks a decent player.

Sibierski - 7/10. Not only has he become a cup talisman, but he has actually looked a half-decent player. Excellent value for money; he's done an almighty job for us. Again, a bit of a disgrace that we were forced into brining someone of Sibierski's stature in, but out of all panic buys, this is a canny one. He's come in and done more than what was expected - a cracking job.

We have been finding more space and speed in recent weeks making us a much better attacking force, and hope that Duff will get a chance to improve his performances with the increased momentum of his teammates. I think he will get better and become an important player for us.

Agree with the other comments though.

Very good first post by the way Lloydie - welcome, and apologies about the childish bickering that Deep seems to have started (case of a n00b finding his feet, doubt you will have the same problem though)

We have been finding more space and speed in recent weeks making us a much better attacking force, and hope that Duff will get a chance to improve his performances with the increased momentum of his teammates. I think he will get better and become an important player for us.

I know mate, i've said frequently that i though Duff's poor performances might have been caused by him playing in a shite team. I expect him to pick up atleast a little bit now that we're playing well...

could you add Milner to this list? Milner hadn't played under Roeder until this season and in effect has kind of been a new signing of Roeders. (notice the kind of!)

Add Butt aswell then

Different player under Roeder.

I know mate, i've said frequently that i though Duff's poor performances might have been caused by him playing in a shite team. I expect him to pick up atleast a little bit now that we're playing well...

I share your vision.

How come, if we have such great cover for his position, we have had to use a CM to play out of position to cover for him?

Dyer up front, Milner on the right, Nobby at right back.

Yes? Because they've been needed there, haven't they? Signing Duff was NOT a bad move from Roeder. Sure, you can say that he should play because he's been shite, but to say that it was a bad signing because we had enough cover is just not true.

Yes, they were needed in other positions because we lack cover in those other positions.

Thats the point being made. We have ample wingers as well as cover for both wings, but not enough fullbacks and forwards. It makes no sense to purchase another winger for a sizeable fee and huge wages, and then use the current wingers elsewhere.

Likewise, if we did need another winger, why has Duff played several games up front, a position that he looks completely alien to? Because we have wingers who can play on the left, but dont have enough forwards? Its obvious to many that he was a player signed because of reputation, a trophy signing, and not because he was actually needed.

If Duff can find his earlier form, I will be delighted, he was a quality player, especially when he switched flanks - but until then, in my eyes, hes been a complete waste of 5mill and whatever wages hes on (supposedly 65k+). Especially considering the player meant to make way for him in the squad overall - Milner, who was earmarked to be sold and not in the same league as the old Duff - has been outperforming him by a country mile thus far.

Guest TheOrder

Beggers belief. Why don't you think he'll get better? He's needs to play in a winning team at the moment, and nows the perfect time. We're playing good football, we're winning games, and our strikers are striving on crosses, and I believe when Duffer is fit, he's going to be a big player for us.

I don't understand why people can chalk a player off in just three months, it's fucking ridiculous man.

Beggers belief. Why don't you think he'll get better? He's needs to play in a winning team at the moment, and nows the perfect time. We're playing good football, we're winning games, and our strikers are striving on crosses, and I believe when Duffer is fit, he's going to be a big player for us.

I don't understand why people can chalk a player off in just three months, it's f***ing ridiculous man.

Because hed been poor for Chelsea - hardly a losing team - for a long while prior to his move. This form isnt temporary because of a move or the team struggling - hes been like this for Chelsea for at least a season and a half.

I would absolutely love for Duff to get back to the form that made him a 17mill man wanted by the likes of ManU, that would be f***ing awesome, but I cant help but think alot of people are living in hope when trying to justify this purchase of what is the shadow of the player he used to be, and without doubt, a trophy signing that was made because he was a big name player became available rather than a player we desperately needed.

Duff - 4/10. Hasn't delivered the good on the pitch and wasn't needed in the first place. Cannot see how he can even surpass the 5 out of 10 mark th. I have faith in him to get better, but he won't get significantly better, i don't think. I've realised why Chelsea only let him go for a surprisingly low amount of money

I don't understand why people can chalk a player off in just three months, it's f***ing ridiculous man.

You missed the part where i said "I have faith in him to get better", then?

Yes, they were needed in other positions because we lack cover in those other positions.

Thats the point being made. We have ample wingers as well as cover for both wings, but not enough fullbacks and forwards. It makes no sense to purchase another winger for a sizeable fee and huge wages, and then use the current wingers elsewhere.

Likewise, if we did need another winger, why has Duff played several games up front, a position that he looks completely alien to? Because we have wingers who can play on the left, but dont have enough forwards? Its obvious to many that he was a player signed because of reputation, a trophy signing, and not because he was actually needed.

If Duff can find his earlier form, I will be delighted, he was a quality player, especially when he switched flanks - but until then, in my eyes, hes been a complete waste of 5mill and whatever wages hes on (supposedly 65k+). Especially considering the player meant to make way for him in the squad overall - Milner, who was earmarked to be sold and not in the same league as the old Duff - has been outperforming him by a country mile thus far.

Because hed been poor for Chelsea - hardly a losing team - for a long while prior to his move. This form isnt temporary because of a move or the team struggling - hes been like this for Chelsea for at least a season and a half.

I would absolutely love for Duff to get back to the form that made him a 17mill man wanted by the likes of ManU, that would be f***ing awesome, but I cant help but think alot of people are living in hope when trying to justify this purchase of what is the shadow of the player he used to be, and without doubt, a trophy signing that was made because he was a big name player became available rather than a player we desperately needed.

Excellent posts TMonkey. Thanks. Just like we don't need SWP even if he is available at 5 millions. That 5 millions, the player wages, the massive signing on fee should be channelled to areas we need to strengthen, ie strikers and full backs.