Taylor and Ramage.

Guest TheOrder

Unlike some, I don't mind the tone of "I told you so" threads, so I think this is a good thread.

I also don't mind admitting it looks like I was wrong about Ramage, a disaster at LB to the extent I couldn't see him being particularly

good at CB either, but he's looking a really solid player so credit where it's due.

BTW I think the only Newcastle players currently of England  International quality are Dyer and Butt.

The back four is playing so much better as a unit since Pearson arrived. The line that they've kept when playing for offside has been impeccable.

Taylor has grown up and lost that hesitation. He's making his own decisions, including ones where he charges forward very effectively. His decision-making still needs to improve, but he's now imposing himself on the game, rather being dictated to.

Ramage reads the game brilliantly, but I'm still not convinced that he's strong enough in the air. We still look weak defending crosses and set pieces, and that may get found out against Bolton.

Huntington I'd agree looks to have the potential to be the best of the three. He's got a good professional mentality already - either the ball or the man gets past me, but not both.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

As I personally don't like players with little to no technical ability, I'll never be a huge Ramage fan. He makes some good last ditch challenges but his football ability is so non-existant that he will let you down again and again

As I personally don't like players with little to no technical ability, I'll never be a huge Ramage fan. He makes some good last ditch challenges but his football ability is so non-existant that he will let you down again and again

Had you not actually mentioned Ramage I'd have thought you were talking about Parker there, tbh.

Had you not actually mentioned Ramage I'd have thought you were talking about Parker there, tbh.

Obsessed, tbh.

I'd leave them as a partnership and just buy back-up in Jan, let them develop, unless we can buy world-class players for those positions that is, then I say play them together. A top-class partnership is what we need, not top-class individuals which lets be honest Ramage is very unlikely to become. They can be to us what Hyypia and Carragher was/is to Liverpool, not the most gifted individually and lacking various attributes but my, what an excellent partnership. I'd hate to see another wasted money player signed to interupt a promising partnership.

Well to compensate, you can put your house mortgage on that happening though!! Lot of money there to be won.

Obsessed, tbh.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,34143.msg662623.html#msg662623

Unlike some, I don't mind the tone of "I told you so" threads, so I think this is a good thread.

I also don't mind admitting it looks like I was wrong about Ramage, a disaster at LB to the extent I couldn't see him being particularly

good at CB either, but he's looking a really solid player so credit where it's due.

BTW I think the only Newcastle players currently of England  International quality are Dyer and Butt.

Owen?  :winking:

Aye, Ramage has proved himself more than capable at the centre of the defence and I will have no problem eating a large helping of humble pie if he continues in the vein of form he's in at the moment.

:clap:

P.S. If he could actually sort out his passing ability he would be fucking ace!!

I agree. I think all 11 players should have some degree of technique. Ramage has none.

His hoofs upfield more often than not concede possession and invite pressure back onto us. Against teams like Spurs on an off-day you will get away with this but against better teams it is vital that you don't keep giving the ball away cheaply because they will punish you.

Hats off to him for his performances lately, he has a decent reading of the game and his tackling is good. But for me he lacks too much to ever be a viable long-term option in the first team. I'd like him to stick with us in the long-term as backup though.

I still think we're lacking a quality, experienced central defender to play alongside Taylor. In the summer I'd like us to try our luck for someone like Andrade (Depor are 15th, need money and have very little left to cash in on). It's possible both Moore and Bramble will be leaving which will leave us with virtually no defenders, so it is an area worth investing in properly over the summer.

Owen?  :winking:

Aye, good point. I'd forgotten all about him, tbh.

Taylor and Ramage are the best CB's in the club at the moment,they are both young and show great enthusiasm in every game,Taylor is a brilliant defender since the day he made his debut,sure sometime's he makes a fool of himself,but there is no doubt that he is one of the strongest,better,young defenders in england at the moment,there might just come a day when we see him captining england in an international match,but for now i will be more then happy to see him start every game for nufc

Ramage is also a good defender,he is much better as CB then LB or RB,and i think with a bit more hard work he can get alot better in the future.

just hope roeders keeps those two in the first team,and don't put Moore or Bramble as first teamers the min they are back from injurey

They have done well, always rated Taylor but hats off to Ramage who is certainly a lot better in the centre than at full back (which is fair enough as they are very different positions!)

Agreed. But Ramage made as many mistakes that cost us dearly as Bramble, rememnber.

He seems to have settled down well now though, and I couldnt be more delighted.

I just hope that Roeder stops selecting him at full back, and get some good young full backs in January.

Agreed. But Ramage made as many mistakes that cost us dearly as Bramble, .

Trust me,no one is near that recored..

Making great use of that quote-function ;)

blueeek.gif

well,trying something new..was stupid ending up with two blank quote's and a sentence in the middle  bluedead.gif

gonna fix it now  :winking:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

totally agree there

I still believe that in the  end Ramage and Taylor are going to be superb center partnership ,but is going to take some  time  and I am not sure that we are going to give them that time but I hope so.

And I think that Peter Ramage is going to develop in to Newcastle  Jamie Carragher type of player, not good on the ball but his wiliness and love for the club is going to carry him on.

As for Steven Taylor he is going to be one Greatest no doubt about it.

totally agree there

:lol: :lol:

I bet some people are starting to prefer the times when you weren't so active on the forum.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

this isn't Titanic, if you can't control a football you can't control a football, no amount of "being aGeordie" or l"ove and desire" is going to change that. Unbelievable the slack he gets just because people perceive him as a Geordie

this isn't Titanic, if you can't control a football you can't control a football, no amount of "being aGeordie" or l"ove and desire" is going to change that. Unbelievable the slack he gets just because people perceive him as a Geordie

So what if he gets some slack I think it is important for every club to stay in touch with their roots and what better way are to do that then play home-grown players. So he messed up today but come on in not like he has been doing those kind of mistake on regular basis

Guest Alan Shearer 9

So what if he gets some slack I think it is important for every club to stay in touch with their roots and what better way are to do that then play home-grown players.

I agree as long as they're not total shit like Ramage. Taylor is great,