Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Good and unsurprising news. Quite how necessary it was for Howe to go public with this - especially when they were all out there in Germany together - I don't know. All a bit strange but hopefully the lines are drawn and we can press on. 

I guess he had already asked internally and got nothing concrete back and didn't want to find out he didnt have a veto on players when the transfers started happening. I do find it a bit worrying though he felt a need to send messages to owners through media, doesn't seem very Howe and also doesn't seem good communication internally, albeit I do think Staverley was more hands on than any board member usually is but surely when Mitchell was hired he was given clear lines of authority, why didn't this come to Howe if the answer was no Howe gets final veto on anyone but happy to receive a shortlist? (which feels relatively normal, albeit clubs vary on the veto bit)

That's reassuring. It was very clear from Howe's comments that something wasn't quite right and needed to be sorted out. And on the back of that, they have all met and seem to have figured it all out. That's good communication, even if perhaps it took a little more time than it should have to get everything settled. 

Particularly notable to me was the comment about being happy to sign foreign players, that reads as Howe responding directly to a big criticism of him by some. 

Hopefully this draws a line under the whole thing and we start making the signings we desperately need.

42 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

“Player sales have also been discussed and it would appear increasingly certain that England international Kieran Trippier will be sold this summer, with interest from clubs in Saudi Arabia. There are also doubts about midfielder Sean Longstaff, who only has a year left on his contract, as well as winger Miguel Almiron and centre forward Callum Wilson, who has picked up a back injury early in pre-season.”

With all due respect to the players mentioned, it could be a phenomenal window if we can sell those four for decent ‘bunce’ and bring in improvements in two of the positions—perhaps stick with what we have in Midfield and use Longstaff funds elsewhere and Tripper funds/flexibility for a player capable of playing CB/RB (cover).  

With Miley injured, Tonali banned for 2 games, and Willock not fully training yet, we'd definitely need another CM if we sold Longstaff imo

Though I can't imagine us selling Longstaff, just seems the steady eddie type that a manager would like to have, always fit, follows instructions, homegrown etc etc 

Wouldn't mind being wrong though 🙂

25 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

That bald cunt couldnt find a pulse on his own wrist

Over the, considerable, years I've quoted from a comedy routine (think it was Morecambe and Wise) 

"don't worry, I've got my finger on the pulse" 

"you'll not find a pulse where you keep your finger" 

2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Over the, considerable, years I've quoted from a comedy routine (think it was Morecambe and Wise) 

"don't worry, I've got my finger on the pulse" 

"you'll not find a pulse where you keep your finger" 

Absolutely love M&W mind

21 minutes ago, Heyzeus scrogg said:

Young Edward wasn't our fog choice, so I couldn't get stressed about it look at the Atlanta manager or the bloke at Girona we might just kick on,it took man city a while,it took the jubilee club 5years to win division B of the North east sunday league ffs

this needs to be brought back into the every day vernacular.

"who's gann'n fog?"

i love my kids but they come out with some shite like.

too many good words being replaced with likes of  Rizz, Drip, Fam, Slay, Zesty (this one in particular they use to desribe me when i try getting a hug). etc

1 hour ago, Memphis said:

Particularly notable to me was the comment about being happy to sign foreign players, that reads as Howe responding directly to a big criticism of him by some. 

Yeah that was interesting. It was so stereotypical it read like a parody. I was almost wondering if Mitchell, as an outsider, had been taken in by our online fans.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Yeah that was interesting. It was so stereotypical it read like a parody. I was almost wondering if Mitchell, as an outsider, had been taken in by our online fans.

Or proof, if ever it was needed, Baldward had just made it all up. The Brexit Eddie stuff just read off here 😂

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Or proof, if ever it was needed, Baldward had just made it all up. The Brexit Eddie stuff just read off here 😂

Yeah, I'm hesitant to take the report too seriously for that reason...

20 hours ago, Gawalls said:

You mean people on here focus on the 1% doubt and not the 99% - the part where he said the words “absolutely committed” several times?

Nah I think you’re wrong mate, people on here don’t do that.

Well, I did say his interview had introduced a tiny element of doubt, if you want to put a number on it I suppose 1% could describe it. Obviously people are going to focus on it, because when he says stuff to the press about what his boundaries are, then speculation will start. I've already said that he's just basically jostling for position, I don't think he's going anywhere. But there is still a question mark on whether he'll be allowed as much control over some aspects as previously when there was no DOF, or at least one who was as recruitment focused as Mitchell. Then there is also the role of Bunce as Performance Director. Will that interfere with Howe's training methods? Legit questions I think.

5 hours ago, huss9 said:

this needs to be brought back into the every day vernacular.

"who's gann'n fog?"

i love my kids but they come out with some shite like.

too many good words being replaced with likes of  Rizz, Drip, Fam, Slay, Zesty (this one in particular they use to desribe me when i try getting a hug). etc

Aye or when someone sparked a snout up you would say “fog on”.