Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think it’s important to note that progressing doesn’t mean finishing at least one position higher every season. 

Very much agree with this. 

More than anything (for me anyway) is it feels like the progression has stopped off the pitch. Everything just feels very stale at the minute, add that to the disaster of the transfer window, the lack of stadium/training ground updates and still no new sponsors. The off the pitch stuff has directly effected us on the pitch imo.

On 20/10/2024 at 12:27, Ikon said:

I think we had like one ”big chance created” more than Brighton. We played well in the 1st half until the last third. We were dominant but we barely created anything despite that. I read a lot of “IF he had scored this and that”. You see top teams and players miss chances every game, but the good ones create enough chances for a couple to go in at least. 

They didn’t really create much though, the second half chances were there due to us pushing up and individual howlers from mostly Tino. Think it very much was a ”if he had scored” match, if we go up 1-0 we IMO batter them.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

More than anything (for me anyway) is it feels like the progression has stopped off the pitch. Everything just feels very stale at the minute, add that to the disaster of the transfer window, the lack of stadium/training ground updates and still no new sponsors. The off the pitch stuff has directly effected us on the pitch imo.

I guess it’ll feel stale until it doesn’t, unless we have inside knowledge of the workings. 

We appointed a performance director and a new director of football, two major shareholders left. There’s obviously activity behind the scenes. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Agree. Momentum has gone while we going into a period of transition. Hopefully they can all get on the same page soon. 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

They didn’t really create much though, the second half chances were there due to us pushing up and individual howlers from mostly Tino. Think it very much was a ”if he had scored” match, if we go up 1-0 we IMO batter them.

We win that match 9x out of 10 with how we played that first 30 mins. In the Howe era we bag a goal at home (our streak was fucking insane by the way). At 1-1 we go and win that match too IMHO. Results like this happen in football.

1 minute ago, khay said:

Agree. Momentum has gone while we going into a period of transition. Hopefully they can all get on the same page soon. 

I wouldn’t say transition is stale though, it’s a period of great change. It just doesn’t show immediate results.

Personally I feel like a lot has been happening even though the big announcements haven’t been made on things like stadium. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It was a really poor window no doubt and it’s probably led to how things are going on the pitch.  I don’t think it was a disaster, that would have been selling an Isak, Bruno etc on top without a replacement. We’ve got a chance in January to sort some of it out 

1 minute ago, Andy84 said:

It was a really poor window no doubt and it’s probably led to how things are going on the pitch.  I don’t think it was a disaster, that would have been selling an Isak, Bruno etc on top without a replacement. We’ve got a chance in January to sort some of it out 

They have definitely earned the chance to put it right, although I’m not sure January will be the time we do it.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I felt so flat after the transfer window, and it has only continued into the season. Howe has been let down, no doubt about that. Hes not perfect, but wont blame too much on him this season. Was very positive about Mitchell, but the whole club has felt sour after he came in. Lets hope thats just a feeling..

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

I felt so flat after the transfer window, and it has only continued into the season. Howe has been let down, no doubt about that. Hes not perfect, but wont blame too much on him this season. Was very positive about Mitchell, but the whole club has felt sour after he came in. Lets hope thats just a feeling..

Amanda and Mehrdad leaving hasn’t helped any of this too.

4 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Amanda and Mehrdad leaving hasn’t helped any of this too.

Maybe it was just too much happening at the same time. Amanda, Mehrdad and Ashworth leaving almost at the same time. Of cource Mitchell will get his chance to shine, but hes made a horrible first impression, wont lie about that.

Edited by nufc123

10 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think it’s important to note that progressing doesn’t mean finishing at least one position higher every season. 

This is true.

Honestly, all I want at the minute is for whatever transfer budget we have to be used more wisely to better balance out the first team and squad.

We seem to be waiting for the perfect player before making a move at the minute, and are also looking to spend quite big on them too.

Think we'd have been better off looking at players with a bit of room for growth for less money across different areas of the team, and would have been much stronger for it by now.

We also need to start looking more outside the Premier League - this includes the Championship. And also keep more of an eye on any young players that become available at Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal due to a lack of opportunities as their academies are so strong.

We've all seen how well Delap, who came through at Man City, has performed for Ipswich. He cost £5 million more than what we spent on Osula, who we refuse to put in games despite having no striker available.

7 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Maybe it was just too much happening at the same time. Amanda, Mehrdad and Ashworth leaving almost at the same time. Of cource Mitchell will get his chance to shine, but hes made a horrible first impression, wont lie about that.

I’ll judge him after next summer. Eddie came out fighting after the appointment. Honestly don’t believe he was happy to have a new boss. Amanda and Mehrdad gave him cart blanch as they had no experience in football management. Ashworth and Eddie didn’t gel. I love Eddie and hope he has success with us, but he is a headstrong stubborn fucker whether that’s to his detriment only time will tell.

There's a staleness about the way we're playing, and the lack of new bodies will be a major contributing factor. We're nothing new to most of the teams we play week-in, week-out.

It's still Eddie's job to motivate the players we do have but he has been royally fucked over by the board two transfer windows running. Complete lack of forward planning by the top brass that has predictably started to bite us in the arse. 

Edited by Holmesy

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This is true.

Honestly, all I want at the minute is for whatever transfer budget we have to be used more wisely to better balance out the first team and squad.

We seem to be waiting for the perfect player before making a move at the minute, and are also looking to spend quite big on them too.

Think we'd have been better off looking at players with a bit of room for growth for less money across different areas of the team, and would have been much stronger for it by now.

We also need to start looking more outside the Premier League - this includes the Championship. And also keep more of an eye on any young players that become available at Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal due to a lack of opportunities as their academies are so strong.

We've all seen how well Delap, who came through at Man City, has performed for Ipswich. He cost £5 million more than what we spent on Osula, who we refuse to put in games despite having no striker available.

I think the appointment of Mitchell will see this happen.

Edited by Scoot

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This is true.

I think there is only one person responsible for any of the above. I see Mitchell as somebody that will look to do those things and hopefully (although January is not the best window) we get to see that.

2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I’ll judge him after next summer. Eddie came out fighting after the appointment. Honestly don’t believe he was happy to have a new boss. Amanda and Mehrdad gave him cart blanch as they had no experience in football management. Ashworth and Eddie didn’t gel. I love Eddie and hope he has success with us, but he is a headstrong stubborn fucker whether that’s to his detriment only time will tell.

He’ll still be getting used to managing a club the size of what Newcastle is now.

Even when he joined, he could control a lot as we were short of management bodies.

In a recent interview he said how the biggest negative difference compared to Bournemouth is the difference in control he has.

I’m with you and hope we have success under Howe. If we don’t then we’ll move on and have success with someone else. Our base compared to when we appointed Howe is significantly higher and he’ll forever have played a key part in any success when end up having.

14 minutes ago, KaKa said:

This is true.

Even if we have to make a signing that doesn't fit our blueprint to give the existing players a bit of extra motivation, and freshen things up a bit, they should just get it done.

It's like there's no recognition of the additional impact that new signings have outside of just improving the quality of the squad. Give a 1 year contract to a sexy, continental free signing if that's what it takes. 

Edited by Holmesy

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

Even if we have to make a signing that doesn't fit our blueprint to give the existing players a bit of extra motivation, and freshen things up a bit, they should just get it done.

It's like there's no recognition of the additional impact that new signings have outside of just improving the quality of the squad. 

Yeah but the “group” [emoji38] it’s like we’re the only special needs team that requires special needs players. Most of the other clubs seem to make it work with their purchases (Manure and Chewsee aside) 

11 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I think the appointment of Mitchell will see this happen.

11 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I think there is only one person responsible for any of the above. I see Mitchell as somebody that will look to do those things and hopefully (although January is not the best window) we get to see that.

I think Mitchell can really help improve things considerably. Hopefully Howe is open to it.

Just now, KaKa said:

I think Mitchell can really help improve things considerably. Hopefully Howe is open to it.

Me too. Hopefully they can make it work. Because the bosses will only back one of them and it won’t be Eddie!

Problem now is that we rarely want to spend extra to get someone in january. If we don't, that will be 3 windows of selling Minteh and Anderson, while signing Kelly and Osula.. Really hope we can manage to get someone that can do a job immidiately for an okay price, but that much easier said than done.

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Problem now is that we rarely want to spend extra to get someone in january. If we don't, that will be 3 windows of selling Minteh and Anderson, while signing Kelly and Osula.. Really hope we can manage to get someone that can do a job immidiately for an okay price, but that much easier said than done.

If Mitchell can't find someone like that, given his extensive network, questions need to start being asked. And even if we can save £5-10m by waiting until the summer, they have a duty to the players, fans and manager to forego that £5-10m to get the player in in January and make up for the total fucking debacle of the past tow transfer windows. 

4 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

If Mitchell can't find someone like that, given his extensive network, questions need to start being asked. And even if we can save £5-10m by waiting until the summer, they have a duty to the players, fans and manager to forego that £5-10m to get the player in in January and make up for the total fucking debacle of the past tow transfer windows. 

Well, apart from the first window we haven't been able to find that after the takeover. We were able to get Gordon, who turned out to be great, but he did nothing in the first 6 months.

Edited by Erikse