Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I'm way more angry at how furious some people are that this squad on its last legs is struggling, top 4 last season was a miracle! Dan Burn scored against PSG in the Champions League! We have beaten Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Villa this season and the only reason we aren't in a strong position to get out the champions league group stage is one of the worst refereeing decisions of all time. Things aren't that bad! yes our away form needs to improve! Yes we probably won't see us full strength again till next season but jesus were some of you here or just trapped in hyperbaric chambers for teh whole Ashley era? Is suddenly winning the only thing that matters? We lack depth have had terrible injury luck, things will get better, for the first time in a long time all the things that are wrong I know the club will actually address! 

Sorry just had to get that off my chest. I just see people acting like people on Arsenal Fan TV and what are you talking about???

Edited by Tiresias

18 minutes ago, Dokko said:

It's not just the streak. Its the time of year, games coming up, and derhy looming. He also had more options earlier in the season. As ever, people can't see the bigger picture. This is a proper rest for him.

It's a bit rich to be talking about people not seeing the bigger picture in such condescending fashion when you were against us appointing Howe and wanted Gerrard, like. :lol:

3 minutes ago, RS said:

The only people who will be calling for his head will be the standard toon fucktards with no football knowledge

Who's even calling for his head anyway?

Everyone is up for criticism/ praise and no one should be above it.

15 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Isak, Miggy, the goal, Wilson at the end , I think there might have been more.

And that’s not what you said, you said we’d been no threat at all and as bad as anything under Bruce. Short memories. Entitled as fuck. 

I think you’re leaning out that they hit the post / crossbar twice as well like.

Just now, NEEJ said:

It's a bit rich to be talking about people not seeing the bigger picture in such condescending fashion when you were against us appointing Howe and wanted Gerrard, like. :lol:

If a mic drop was a post, this would be it like :lol:

I'm sympathetic about today, he's totally strung with what we have in the cupboard. It was shit to watch but they all just looked absolutely spent, and the step down from Pope to Dubravka is a yawning chasm.

Unless he tells us otherwise afterwards we didn't get any more injuries, which is good, and we got Longstaff and Wilson back into the action. 

Hopefully the crowd can get them through Milan and as the days trundle on we get more options back. It's painful watching at the moment but there's not loads that I think could be done massively different, other than maybe using the admittedly crap bench options a bit sooner when the game is done and saving key legs.

Some of them were crap today but we were on a hiding to nothing really.

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

Spot on, you mention one bad thing and you get the old “our fan base ffs wanting him out”. 

2 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Nobody obviously, but it’s this constant ridiculous “questions need to be asked” whenever there is a loss. If it was just down to emotions of the minute, fine. But a few go on about it until the next damn game. 

We are in amazing position still considering the circumstances. European spot in the league, league cup quater final and further European football this season still in our hands with the hardest possible draws in both competitions. 

His squad management has been poor this season like soon as the injuries started to pile up I thought he'd use the squad to rotate out tired players but he didn't. Now we barely have a squad to rotate which isn't entirely his fault but could of been minimised by doing so. 

7 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

What? Stupid fuck. Show me where I wanted Gerrard?

Really disappointing today, I'm not really sure what our plan was meant to be in the first half which is ultimately where the game was lost, but this is kinda classic Howe. A couple of poor results usually culminate in fairly class winning run.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we win the next 4 in considerable style.

It is mad that we went from playing that fantastic football against Man U to the last  2 pitiful performances. Just so worryingly open at times.

Getting a few back this week will be huge.

38 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Been a supporter since a kid in the 60's climbing up the brick stairs at the gallowgaye also allowed an opinion

Even more concerning that the opinion is so shite after fucking decades.

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

His squad management has been poor this season like soon as the injuries started to pile up I thought he'd use the squad to rotate out tired players but he didn't. Now we barely have a squad to rotate which isn't entirely his fault but could of been minimised by doing so. 

I really think the rotation think is massively overplayed.

Defence aside, we rotated plenty when a decent amount of the squad were available.

Isak-Wilson, all 4 wingers getting starts, pretty much all of our midfield options apart from Miley (understandable) and Willock (injured) were used too despite there being some preseason hangover.

Edited by Gallowgate Toon

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

When? When should he have rotated and with who? 

Nomatter what happens (unless it gets extreme), he should be getting another try next season. Shouldn't even be a discussion about it right now though, way too early.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Really disappointing today, I'm not really sure what our plan was meant to be in the first half which is ultimately where the game was lost, but this is kinda classic Howe. A couple of poor results usually culminate in fairly class winning run.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we win the next 4 in considerable style.

It is mad that we went from playing that fantastic football against Man U to the last  2 pitiful performances. Just so worryingly open at times.

Getting a few back this week will be huge.

Maybe lacking the energy to close the gaps! We’ll pick up again. This is a journey we’re on and we’re going upwards. It’s bitter sweet to care again. Thank fuck we have a cloob back. Roll on Milan :indi: