Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Dokko said:

It was a free hit for the beginning of his reign and he lost the final, so failed that one. 

This is tough right now. Players don't look happy either. They were happy both those times you talk about. 

A free hit when a good percentage of the forum were calling for his head? It didn’t seem like a free hit when he first got here. The revisionist history on here is sometimes breathtaking.

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Not really like.

And they could have had 8.

Isak, Miggy, the goal, Wilson at the end , I think there might have been more.

And that’s not what you said, you said we’d been no threat at all and as bad as anything under Bruce. Short memories. Entitled as fuck. 

Everyone’s knackered I get it, but the last 4 away games we’ve conceded:

2.46xg to Bournemouth

4.54xg to PSG

3.36xg to Everton

3.88xg to Spurs

We could’ve been absolutely hammered in all of them. We have to do something differently away from home.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

It's not just the streak. Its the time of year, games coming up, and derhy looming. He also had more options earlier in the season. As ever, people can't see the bigger picture. This is a proper rest for him.

Can't See the bigger picture? Howay, stop being so patronizing, if there is a bigger picture it is that we have been utterly shanked with injuries, we've had to play the same 11 for 5 games in 2 weeks, with one of them players being a 17 year old. A week ago, we beat Man United & Chelsea comfortably, and where cheated out of a win in Paris. That week has caught up to us, the players where absolutely on their feet, if Miggy isn't running, you know there are issues with fatigue. 

We have had it so good over the last two years, these players and this manager, have produced some of the best moments in a generation, and for the first time we hit a sticky patch, and a patch that is more then explainable, and yet people shit their kegs. Some perspective, two years ago, we where in the relegation zone, winless, by rights we should be no where near the Champions League yet, and yet this group of players, and manager, got us their. Now we have the worst injury crisis in 30 years, and we lose a couple of games and all of a sudden people turn. Its ridiculous frankly.

9 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

First big test of his time here I feel at the moment. This has been genuinely as bad as anything under Bruce.

have you forgotten winter 2021 when we were still stinking the league out looking nailed on for relegation and scraping a 1 nowt home win against Burnley sent the crowd into raptures ? 

I’d say keeping us up given the steaming turd he inherited from Bruce was his first big test and he passed with flying colours 

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Don’t think anyone is arguing it’s poor, but he compared it to Bruce which is utterly ridiculous.

I don’t think it’s ridiculous at all, Bruce era was go away and roll over, you can definitely argue that’s what we’ve done in these last 3 games. And as I mentioned the context is crucial our players have very little in the tank but this doesn’t change the fact in our last 3 away games we’ve been well off it and second best by some distance as we were during the Bruce days. 

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Did I imagine us beating Man Utd 3 games ago? And Chelsea not long before that? And City, and Man Utd again? Etc. etc. etc.? 

Some of you go on like Howe is taking us down. Feel gaslit to fuck reading this forum after a loss :lol:

This place after a heavy defeat does make you question the very fabric of reality. We all know it was super shite, but does anyone think it would have been the same with a near full squad. 

2 pretty shite performances and people writing him off!?! Had some great results/performances just before these two.. people really need to chill the fuck out. I’m as sore as anyone that we’ve lost the last two but it’s still so early in the season. 

Just now, mouldy_uk said:

This place after a heavy defeat does make you question the very fabric of reality. We all know it was super shite, but does anyone think it would have been the same with a near full squad. 

Probably would have been, we've won 2 in 12 away games :lol:

Just now, r0cafella said:

I don’t think it’s ridiculous at all, Bruce era was go away and roll over, you can definitely argue that’s what we’ve done in these last 3 games. And as I mentioned the context is crucial our players have very little in the tank but this doesn’t change the fact in our last 3 away games we’ve been well off it and second best by some distance as we were during the Bruce days. 

It really is embarrassing to compare Howe to Bruce, yeah it’s been awful last 3 games but surely Howe and the players deserve a bit of leeway. Genuinely amazed anyone could compare the two tbh.

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

have you forgotten winter 2021 when we were still stinking the league out looking nailed on for relegation and scraping a 1 nowt home win against Burnley sent the crowd into raptures ? 

I’d say keeping us up given the steaming turd he inherited from Bruce was his first big test and he passed with flying colours 

And Dokko certainly didn’t give him a free hit. IIRC, wasnt he one of the most vociferous in calling for Howe’s head?

He's put his detractors back in their place each and every time there's been a question over his leadership. I've no doubt he'll do it again. This isn't some one-dimensional managerial dinosaur we're talking about. He's meticulous and he'll be straight on it from the moment they're back in the dressing room. 

We have players returning from injury and a nice run of fixtures coming up after Wednesday. He's more than earned a bit of blind faith from us lot. 

We'll do Milan, just watch. Eddie Howe's black and white army! 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

It really is embarrassing to compare Howe to Bruce, yeah it’s been awful last 3 games but surely Howe and the players deserve a bit of leeway. Genuinely amazed anyone could compare the two tbh.

You’re missing the point, I’m not comparing them as managers and neither is @ponsaelius. We are stating the performance are akin to those of a Bruce side. 

I understand emotions are running high but let’s focus on the points being made and not ones which are made by other posters. 

nobody is calling for the manager to go or anything of that nature, just some concerns over the levels of performance these last few away games which is perfectly valid imo.