Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

FIX.thumb.png.c6768dfc669250f07a28bb938526290c.png

6 of the last 9 league games are away, and it will probably be too near for the Derby and Pompey cup matches to be at SJP, so realistically only Liverpool Feds or Huddersfield if they were wanting to have a match at SJP. I thought they might have had the Pompey match there, but they usually announce them about 5 weeks in advance. More chance of a bigger crowd later in the year I guess.

Get yourselves down, if you're a fan of your local team and of football. No, it's not like watching the blokes (not necessarily a bad thing) but they're worth a look and they deserve your support - they run themselves into the ground for each other.  Honestly have absolutely loved watching them this season, when they click they're fucking great :)

Definitely not all, given that we got put out of the FA Cup by Manchester United not too long ago. Not sure if this one is League Cup or the League Cup though. I watch Alnwick Town as well and they seem to play in as many different League Cups as they have league fixtures

Edited by OpenC

9 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Definitely not all, given that we got put out of the FA Cup by Manchester United not too long ago. Not sure if this one is League Cup or the League Cup though. I watch Alnwick Town as well and they seem to play in as many different League Cups as they have league fixtures

Looks like its the League cup for the 3rd and 4th tier.

I've bought 4 tickets, 2 adults, 2 concessions, £13 is very good value for a good family day out.

Match should be well poised, with both sides currently topping their regional 3rd tier:

image.thumb.png.5bf4e6f7a419ef65b24c9bcf3d26531d.png

image.thumb.png.6cc6e4b4439c667c85b9a84d681120f2.png

I assume it's decided on the day, and not two legs, or a replay, and if so does anyone know if their could be ET, or straight to pens?

Lasses Papa John Pizza Cup, good enough for the time being :) Theoretically, given the position that we and Portsmouth are in at the top of the 3rd divisions, the winner of this should really go on to win the cup then

Edited by OpenC

Such a big game. If we do win, then having played Forest and Burnley twice, and considering some of the lower end teams in the league, it would be quite hard not to win the league with only 8 games to go. Forest or Burnley would pretty much have to win every remaining match, and that might still not be enough. But a defeat, and it will be so close between the top 3 sides.

What's happened to Elysia Boddy, she doesn't seem to have played for quite a few games?  Injured, transferred?  She always looked to be a very good player.  Anyhow good luck to the lasses today.

Honestly more like a home game. Didn't realise quite how far from Burnley this is, can't help with local support but there appear to be only about 15 home fans in so far

16 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

What's happened to Elysia Boddy, she doesn't seem to have played for quite a few games?  Injured, transferred?  She always looked to be a very good player.  Anyhow good luck to the lasses today.

Injured

Edit: I think it's a knee injury and she'll be out for a while

Edited by Jack27

They've got a lot of strength in depth now. No Boddy as mentioned, Beadeu isn't in the 16, not sure if injured, but there's no defenders on the bench. I guess it's fine for most sides in the league, but a bit of a shame they can't have 7 subs and give a few others a chance for some minutes, but I guess when pretty much all the league isn't professional, it will even things out a bit. They signed that Nikki Gears, but they have got so many attacking options now with Lumsden, PBG etc. that she will struggle to make the 16. 

What actually happens if a keeper gets injured or sent off? Can you have a back up keeper, but not name them in the 16?

Edited by Paullow