Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

12 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Looks like Flash scores now do the live scores of our lasses league, it used to just be a score at full time.

Live league table too. :notbad:

5 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Missing a fair few chances this second half. I can't really see Derby getting back into it, but should have been put to bed by now.

Yeah, pretty profligate. Another striker on now

2-1 win. More nervy than it should have been towards the end, but job done, and another game out of the way in terms of others trying to catch up.

Forest still 1-1 after 85 mins, but they have just missed a pen.

5 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Yeah, 7 games to go, 3 against fodder, and can now also afford to lose one and draw one of those matches and still win the league. Fantastic position.

Looking at the goal difference can probably afford to lose two matches now. I think they will win it comfortably and then the build will begin for promotion to the super league. Probably again there will be a fairly large turnover of players.

Edited by et tu brute

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Looking at the goal difference can probably afford to lost two matches now. I think they will win it comfortably and then the build will begin for promotion to the super league. Probably again there will be a fairly large turnover of players.

I think we will win it comfortably too, but I don't think we can rely on GD with Forest. If we were to lose twice then at least 2 would come off our GD, and they still have to play Huddersfield twice (-26) and Stourbridge (-24) once, we have to play them both once as well, but you can get 10/11-0 wins in this league, so the GD gap to Forest is too short to rely on that IMO, however I think the current GD gap to Burnley is enough to be confident of pipping Burnley if we were to draw and lose in the remaining games.

I remember last season on the final day, we had won like 2-0 or something and Durham Cestria were racking the goals up, and won 7-0 but just fell short by 2 or 3.

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

I think we will win it comfortably too, but I don't think we can rely on GD with Forest. If we were to lose twice then at least 2 would come off our GD, and they still have to play Huddersfield twice (-26) and Stourbridge (-24) once, we have to play them both once as well, but you can get 10/11-0 wins in this league, so the GD gap to Forest is too short to rely on that IMO, however I think the current GD gap to Burnley is enough to be confident of pipping Burnley if we were to draw and lose in the remaining games.

I remember last season on the final day, we had won like 2-0 or something and Durham Cestria were racking the goals up, and won 7-0 but just fell short by 2 or 3.

13 goals is a lot to make up especially with the fact we are the top scorers and that we have the best defence. Just can't see it.

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

13 goals is a lot to make up especially with the fact we are the top scorers and that we have the best defence. Just can't see it.

It would be on the assumption that Forest won every game though. If we lost 1-0, 1-0 they would just have to win their 3 games in hand 4-0, 4-0, 4-0 and they would already be above us, with both having 5 games left, not as big a margin as you would think. In the PL it would seem too big a margin to make up, but not so much here when crazy results are more common.

Stourbridge have already lost 0-8 to Wolves, 1-7 to Derby, 0-7 to Forest this season. Just takes us to beat them 3-0, which would still be a decent result, and then Forest beat them 8 or 9-0 and then that gap has shortened a fair bit. We could of course beat them 7 or 8 ourselves, but GD is less clear cut when there is a massive gap between some of the sides.

Mind, we'll odds on favourites to win all our remaining games individually, and much less margin for error for Forest, so you'd like to think it wouldn't need come down to GD anyway.

They don't let you take big cameras into Kingston Park so I took some matchday ambience shots on a little camera instead :)

24-02-18P1010109-01.thumb.jpeg.a79de4e43fa9cac1be432dfed3f1d5f4.jpeg

24-02-18P1010123-01.thumb.jpeg.da9fb5e78780cb4f2a5f6beec6bf8677.jpeg

24-02-18P1010138-01.thumb.jpeg.438b750061105a1f173971c59856ea93.jpeg

24-02-18P1010289-01.thumb.jpeg.3fd5b562172792c248119c201baa7c8e.jpeg

Edited by OpenC