Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

Decent enough start but Man U have had some good chances already. Boddy and Kelly key for us I think. Feel like they’re winning the midfield battle.

4 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

Noticably pacier compared to a normal league game, will be interesting to see if we can keep this up. Man U clearly the better side but sloppy at the back. 

Looks a bigger pitch than we're used to as well, although not sure how the grounds measure up generally in the women's game

1 minute ago, OpenC said:

Fucking criminal commentary to refer to Man U as United when both teams are, mind

They’re clearly better like, but given one has the spoty on the pitch you’d expect that.

Noticeable step up for the lasses but not embarrassing ourselves in anyway.

And well done to the fans who have went down, really impressive how fans have rallied around the clubs push for the women's team.

Just now, maybe_next_year said:

Fair play to that bloke constantly singing, decent noise overall from the away end. 

Aye, think it's that bloke who recently joined Newcastle Fans TV, and is often on Lee's women's videos.

5 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Well that’s that isn’t it.

I assume as we step up, a new keeper will come in?

You'd imagine, seems to be a bit of a weak link and her kicking puts us under massive pressure as she can't hit the ball very far.

She's not as tall as the 2nd choice keeper. So rarely properly tested it's hard to judge her but she always seems to read the game well and be ready.

Ah well, that's definitely that then, surely. They could have scored 3 or 4 before they broke the deadlock, to be fair. I guess it's similar to a Newcastle vs typical 3rd tier side match, but just the other way round.

Might switch to QPR vs Watford for the second half.

Edited by Paullow

3 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Ah well, that's definitely that then, surely. They could have scored 3 or 4 before they broke the deadlock, to be fair. I guess it's similar to a Newcastle vs typical 3rd tier side match, but just the other way round.

Might switch to QPR vs Watford for the second half.

I'd say the gap is much, much bigger. We've been a professional team a matter of months. 

Obviously a big step up in quality, but I'm surprised by the hoof ball to the isolated striker. Always seemed to be a passing team when I've watched them, been a bit surprised to be honest at the tactics here.