Newcastle United Women

toontownman

4 hours ago, Paullow said:

Didn't realise that. The table I always look at never has F or A just GD:

https://fulltime.thefa.com/index.html?league=872938

But aye, 8 clean sheets in 9, and the only goal conceded was against Stoke in a 3-1 win (was 2-0 at the time of conceding). Good going.

The table Google puts together seems to work fine, I just search nufc women and get the table and fixtures that way.

Well done the lasses.  Was going to go and watch but I can't get away with Gateshead as a football venue.  If they get a home draw against a big team you'd hope they would try to arrange the fixture so they could play it at SJP like, not sure how strict the rules are around timing of games.

Great draw, arguably the tie of the round, likely to be on TV, but it would have been far better if it was at home, and potentially at SJP'. It's not like a 3rd tier side going to Man Utd in the 3rd round of the men's event and a trip to Old Trafford and a money spinning tie for the club because it will likely be at Leigh and the ground isn't really any bigger / prestigious than Kingston Park, and it's not like the club will really need the money either that say a fellow third tier side like Halifax, Stourbridge, or Liverpool Feds would, but hopefully there's a good crowd there generally, and plenty in the away end.

That all said, it's still a very high profile match for the lasses, one they will very likely lose, but a chance to give a good account of themselves, test themselves against better players, and hopefully be a rehearsal for things to come more regularly for club in the next 3 or 4 years, and should they go out, then they can obviously concentrate elsewhere, on the League Cup, but more importantly, another potential promotion.

I assume it will be decided on the day, and no chance of bringing them back to Newcastle if they did manage to hold them to a draw?

Just looking at the FA Cup last year, and there are no replays. In this equivalent round, Man Utd drew Sunderland away and won 1-2, and in the next round (the last 16), they were at home to Durham and won 5-0 at Leigh, but only in front of 1,700 despite it being a round further on, against a higher tier team than us, and I guess later in the year (Feb 26th) when it will generally be a bit less colder / Wintery than in mid January. That said, you'd think there'd be far more going down from Newcastle than Durham took, and it will also likely feel more higher profile for Man Utd fans as well against a big city team, so hopefully the crowd number will be more higher 4 figures.

I'm not sure I've even seen us scored against yet. Definitely feels like a lot of these are playing a league or two below their ability which I guess is exactly what you want if you're looking to make progress.