Newcastle United Women - Champions and Promoted

toontownman

Big game tomorrow, Wolves away at 2pm. Doesn't look like there will be a stream, but there is audio on the Wolves website, although I guess if you can't actually see the game then NFTV's stream would probably be the better alternative.

By far the hardest match on paper of the remaining 5. If we did win then that would surely be the league all but secured, although a draw wouldn't be a disaster as it would mean 3 wins from the final 4 would guarantee the title, regardless of what anyone else does.

Another team I can't really visualise but feels attacking and strong. Presumably Greenwood, Potts, Watt and Cataldo across the back and Emma Kelly sitting deeper somewhere between a 6 and 8, and everybody else just getting forward :) from the personnel it reads like 3-3-4 or 4-2-4, but probably closer to 4-1-2-3

Screenshot_20240317-131254.thumb.png.1eaae54d54f83e821d7c3cf395ea670c.png

Edited by OpenC

12 hours ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Lasses are playing well but need investment next season..hope it happens as they are a bright spot on a shit season.

I imagine if we get promoted the summer will look similar to last summer, with a half dozen new signings from the championship/wsl. We essentially sign players for free for the women's team so we seem to be going all out.

Fun as fuck if you ask me.

Honestly think they might be almost as interested in the women's game as the men's and hopefully they can get our lasses into position before the WSL develops its own protection rackets. I'm speculating on zero actual knowledge here but I bet not many WSL fans take one or two thousand away fans with them :) We're what that league needs, obviously :)

Only a couple of home games left but they should be decent. 31st and 14 April from memory.  Hopefully they get the trophy at the last one :thup:

Edited by OpenC

I have it all planned out.

I've taken holidays for the Liverpool feds game incase forest and Burnley lose points, another holiday for the Huddersfield game incase nobody loses points and a holiday for the Halifax game incase we lose points. 

That should be all options covered.

Crystal Palace lose to a bottom half side in the league above, and while Sunderland do have to play them and Charlton before the end of the season, Sunderland are in the best position in that league, I think for the first time, there was always a chance that others could win games in hand and pass them, but that will no longer be the case. They are also only 10 mins into their match today (0-0)

Aye, I always felt they were looking likely. Somebody said their ground wasn't up to spec for the WSL though?  They could just move the blokes to the welfare and put the lasses in the SoS I suppose

24 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Aye, I always felt they were looking likely. Somebody said their ground wasn't up to spec for the WSL though?  They could just move the blokes to the welfare and put the lasses in the SoS I suppose

They are losing 1-0 as well. At the start of the day they were only 11/10, so not odds on against the 3rd bottom side, and their GD is poor compared to Palace +9 vs +25, but nobody seems to want to win that league. Birmingham strung 6 wins together and looked very likely, but then they have lost the last 2, which isn't great in only a 22 game season.

Only 1 point separating the top 4 as it stands, although plenty of time for Sunderland to change their match.