Newcastle United Women

toontownman

3 hours ago, Ben said:

These lasses in the WSL don't mind a tap up, loads of good players switching clubs after their contracts run out

It's because they get offered such short contracts, so it's easy to just leave. Some of the players moving around (Earps, Bronze, Miedema) should command decent fees, but they're all going on a free! 

23 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

Defo another two already signed 

one of them very trippier esque signing !

Taking the total to 5 signings 

planning to bring in at least 2 more after that as well !!

Could be as many as 9 in total 

I love how aggressive they are being with this. 

It is intriguing these one or two high profile potential signings. You'd think they would be the wrong side of 30, a former Lioness, and possibly local, and there's not too many obvious options.

Jordan Nobbs is 32 later this year, signed an 18 month contract with Villa in Jan 2023, so would be out of contract unless they triggered the option for another year, but looks like she played pretty much every game for a WSL side last year.

Lucy Staniforth is a fan, also turns 32 in a couple of months, and also plays for Villa. Not sure if she was injured for chunks of the season, but she only started 8 league games and made a further 3 as a sub. She's made no secret of wanting to be involved with the club at some point, so possibly a likely candidate.

Demi Stokes in 33 this year, recently left Man City, but hasn't played much the past 2 years, grew up in the area.

Rachael Laws, GK, is coming up to 34, has played the last 4 years for Liverpool and another big fan, often on Newcastle Fans TV doing interviews, but if they are rumoured to sign Moan, then this would definitely seem a no go as both would obviously want to be #1 and there's not many matches in the season as it is. Doesn't look like she has played for England before, and I'm not sure many would have heard of her.

After that, I've got nothing [emoji38]

Edited by Paullow

33 minutes ago, Paullow said:

It is intriguing these one or two high profile potential signings. You'd think they would be the wrong side of 30, a former Lioness, and possibly local, and there's not too many obvious options.

Jordan Nobbs is 32 later this year, signed an 18 month contract with Villa in Jan 2023, so would be out of contract unless they triggered the option for another year, but looks like she played pretty much every game for a WSL side last year.

Lucy Staniforth is a fan, also turns 32 in a couple of months, and also plays for Villa. Not sure if she was injured for chunks of the season, but she only started 8 league games and made a further 3 as a sub. She's made no secret of wanting to be involved with the club at some point, so possibly a likely candidate.

Demi Stokes in 33 this year, recently left Man City, but hasn't played much the past 2 years, grew up in the area.

Rachael Laws, GK, is coming up to 34, has played the last 4 years for Liverpool and another big fan, often on Newcastle Fans TV doing interviews, but if they are rumoured to sign Moan, then this would definitely seem a no go as both would obviously want to be #1 and there's not many matches in the season as it is. Doesn't look like she has played for England before, and I'm not sure many would have heard of her.

After that, I've got nothing [emoji38]

I had it in my mind for Lucy Staniforth as she has already stated she wants to help the team develop in the future. If they have both signed whoever they are, maybe an announcement on Monday 

On 05/07/2024 at 17:55, JonBez comesock said:

Defo another two already signed 

one of them very trippier esque signing !

Taking the total to 5 signings 

planning to bring in at least 2 more after that as well !!

Could be as many as 9 in total 

Pretty cool to have a legitimate ITK. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Paullow said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68167878

Had ankle surgery in February. Manager was expecting to welcome her back in preseason and said she left a big hole. So I'd expect she is both still under contract and in their first team plans. Doesn't mean we would try to sign her though.

9 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Where is that from I thought she was signing for Chelsea 

Merely a punt. Someone (ITK) suggested a couple of "big" signings & iirc "Trippier esque" 

She's the only full back I kna 😂